Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:25 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Shadow Arena - Deathmatch I 
Author Message
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Please Read This First.

Then, Create Your Character


This is the first Deathmatch game in the arena. Please make a single post below with your Character Profile if you would like to be included, run on a first come first served basis. If you do not get in, there will be more in the future. The maximum number of players for Deathmatch I is 10.

Once 10 profiles have been signed up below, the game will be hosted in this thread.


Last edited by Kinslayer on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:02 pm
Profile
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:42 pm
Posts: 9675
Location: Designing new breeds of Dragons
Post 
I'll have a shot at this. Missing some Roleplaying :D

Name: Daltheira Velkyn (f), Dark Elf
Stats: M5, WS7, BS5, S5, T4, A4
Weapons & Armour: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Halberd, Short Sword
Abilities: Cruel Tricks, Heart Seeker, Master of Battle

_________________
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16


Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:42 am
Posts: 2661
Location: Group 22 RP thread
Post 
Name: Durguth the Permanently Intoxicated (m) Chaos Dwarf
Stats: M3 / WS5 / BS4 / S5 / T9 / A4
Gear: heavy armour, helmet, Great Axe
Abilities: Masterful Toughness, Cruel Tricks, Dwarven Stubborness

_________________
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior


Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:14 pm
Profile
Noble
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:37 am
Posts: 400
Location: Bris-VEGAS, Australia
Post 
Hehe, first port of order WELL DONE KINSLAYER! Seriously a call a round of applause, the amount of time and effort you have put into this is astounding.

Name: Ryld Mizzrym (m) Dark Elf
Stats: M5, WS8, BS5, S5, T3, A4.
Equipment: Great Sword, Short Sword, Helmet, Heavy Armour.
Abilities: Master of Battle, Cruel Tricks, Heart Seeker.

Lets get this party started. YEAH!

EDIT: Thanks Kinslayer mean't to put down Long Sword but I might add a helmet.

_________________
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:


Last edited by T'keela on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:20 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Perhaps I was not clear, that you were to use the 4 line profile layout I gave in the Creation thread. Edited the above posts. Also, if an ability raises a stat just post the final one, not both, such as 7 rather than 6(7). You do not need to include your movement penalty in the statline.

I am going to play in this one myself:


Name: Agrin Ironfist (m), Chaos Dwarf
Stats: M3, WS6, BS4, S6, T6, A5
Weapons & Armour: Mace, Warhammer, Heavy Armour, Helmet
Abilities: Hammer Blow, Armoured Form, Masterful Strength


Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:29 am
Profile
Dark Rider

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:14 pm
Posts: 137
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Post 
Let's see how this will work, tell me if I did something wrong by the way... Oh, and good work of course!

Name: Ainur (m), High Elf
Stats: M5, WS6, BS5, S4, T4, A6
Weapons & Armour: Spear, Long sword, Long bow, Light Armour
Abilities: Blade Master, Masterful Strength, Heart seeker


Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:58 am
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 am
Posts: 596
Post 
I love these things. Good job Kinslayer, this looks great.

Name: Zekial Kharnam (m), Human
Stats: M4, Ws7, Bs4, S6, T5, A5
Weapons & Armour: Long Sword, Medium Armour, Large Shield
Abilities: Masterful Strength, Blade Master, Deliverance

_________________
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade


Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:25 am
Profile
Beastmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:53 am
Posts: 379
Location: Canada...the other Land of Chill!
Post 
Name: Pyrina Steelskin(f), Human
Stats: M5, WS5, BS4, S6, T6, A4
Weapons & Armor: Mace, Short Bow, Heavy Armor, Small Shield, Helmet
Abilities: Master of Speed, Deliverance, Master Archer

_________________
Image

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Unarmed Fighting
Equipment: 1 Short Sword and 1 Dagger
Gold: 100


Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 am
Profile
Executioner

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:47 pm
Posts: 192
Location: You tell me
Post 
Name: Gromex Hixrak (m), Chaos Dwarf
Stats: M3, WS5, BS4, S5, T6, A6
Weapons & Armour: Crossbow, Warhammer, Heavy Armour,
Abilities: Hammer blow Dwarfen stubbonress Armoured form.

_________________
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.


Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:04 am
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 527
Location: Wellington/Auckland New Zealand
Post 
Name: Threkki Stonestrong (m), Dwarf
Stats: M3, WS5, BS4, S5, T8, A5
Weapons & Armour: Mace, Large Shield, Heavy Armour, Helmet
Abilities: Dwarven Stubborness, Armoured Form, Masterful Toughness

This is going to be AWSOME :D

_________________
If I had a knife I would shoot you


Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 am
Profile
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 4641
Location: I am the voice inside your head
Post 
Name- Gil'valyer (m) High Elf
Stats- M6, WS7, BS5, S4, T3, A4
Weapons- Great sword, Long bow, helmet, light armour
Abilities- Master of speed, Blade master, elven agility.

Good on you Kinslayer.



Fixed the profile. Male High Elf I presume?

_________________
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation


Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:23 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 

Deathmatch I

Players:
5 DP - Daltheira (Dalamar)
5 DP - Durguth (Raneth)
5 DP - Ryld (T'Keela)
5 DP - Agrin (Kinslayer)
5 DP - Ainur (kajchi)
5 DP - Zekial (Sidorio)
5 DP - Pyrina (Mel'Reyna)
5 DP - Gromex (51la5)
5 DP - Threkki (Deroth)
5 DP - Gil'valyer (Drainial)


The Shadow Arena. The largest and cruelest attraction in Naggarond, Capital of Naggaroth. The Witch King himself sometimes comes to pay heed to the bloody and gruesome events held there. Slaves die daily in the arena, in a number of events which the nobles pay dearly to witness. But slaves alone are not the only entrants into the Shadow Arena. Many others come to Naggarond to fight there, glory seekers one and all. One thing is for sure, they must be very brave or very foolish to enter the Arena, for in a Deathmatch only one can walk away.

You stand in the small holding cell, armed and armoured, ready to fight. The Deathmatch is about to begin, the nobles in the Shadow Arena are cheering already, baying for blood. The iron bars of the gate in front of you remain unmoving, and you feel your anticipation rising. The cheering reaches a massive cresendo above, your grip tightening on your weapons. Then the gate swings open, and you step out into the Shadow Arena. The gate slams shut behind you, leaving you and nine others in the square arena, Druchii nobles glaring down at you from the stands above. They want blood, and you are here to give it to them.


OOC - Everyone is in a large circle around the Arena edge, having emerged with a pair of other fighters around 20ft away to either side of yourself. The person to your left is the person above you in the player list, the person to your right is the person below you in the player list. The top and bottom of the list are considered joined for this purpose.

Remember how to post. Profile -> Text -> Intended Action.


Next Posting Deadline: 48 Hours after this Mod-Post.


Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 pm
Profile
Executioner

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:47 pm
Posts: 192
Location: You tell me
Post 
Name: Gromex Hixrak (m), Chaos Dwarf
Stats: M3, WS5, BS4, S5, T6, A6
Weapons & Armour: Crossbow, Warhammer, Heavy Armour,
Abilities: Hammer blow Dwarfen stubbonress Armoured form.

Gromex Could not believe his luck he had been captured by the accursed elves and now we was being forced to fight for his life against in a dirt and blood covered arena against others that had been captured, not that he didn't relish the chance to fight his goody too shoes kin but with so many of them It looked like he would have to fight dirty.
my specialty.

Aiming the old rusty crossbow he had been given at the lightly armored elf forty feet to his right he looked down what little remained of the sigh taking careful aim.
Silas will fire his crossbow at the lightly armored elf (Drainal) if he hits he will then toss his crossbow across the sandy arena floor so that it land at the feet of his accused kin (deroth) withdrawing his war hammer and moving so that the dwarf was between Gromex and the elf by doing this Gromex hopes to trick the elf into thinking it was the dwarf that had fired at him.

If this tactic dose not work Gromex will stay back ready to attack the first person to come within ten feet of him and if it is safe to do so he will also collect his crossbow.

_________________
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.


Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:04 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:42 am
Posts: 2661
Location: Group 22 RP thread
Post 
Name: Durguth the Permanently Intoxicated (m) Chaos Dwarf
Stats: M3 / WS5 / BS4 / S5 / T9 / A4
Gear: heavy armour, helmet, Great Axe
Abilities: Masterful Toughness, Cruel Tricks, Dwarven Stubborness

Aaaargh, curse this weak Elven wine. I need me some ale! Durguth stumbled into the arena, his eyes straining to adjust to the light of the torches. Glancing from under his plate helmet, he saw nine other fighters lined up around the arena, one looking even spindlier than the next. Among them, Durguth spotted one of his hated Dawi cousins and no less than two of his own kin. Greetings, beardlings!, he exclaimed, Let's show these pointy-ears once and for all they cannot match us in combat! Emitting a loud belch, he used his Great Axe to carve a line in the sand. Gonna take more than a couple o' Elves to budge me from this spot!

Durgoth does the Dwarven thing: stand his ground. And cast vile looks at any contender to come his way.

_________________
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior


Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 527
Location: Wellington/Auckland New Zealand
Post 
Name: Threkki Stonestrong (m), Dwarf
Stats: M3, WS5, BS4, S5, T8, A5
Weapons & Armour: Mace, Large Shield, Heavy Armour, Helmet
Abilities: Dwarven Stubborness, Armoured Form, Masterful Toughness

Threkki entered the arena, striding forward with confidence. I’m an Ironbreaker and nothing will get through me. Looking out from under his helmet he studied all his opponents. Seeing the chaos dwarves he growled, Damn traitorous scum bag oath breakers, you will die in here under my hammer. Advancing with purpose protected by his heavy armour and large shield he trotted up close to Gromex and watched as he fired the crossbow across the arena then threw it at his feet, trust some oathbreaker to try pull a tricky move like that, I will show you how a real dwarf fights. Howling in rage he threw himself forward to attack Gromex.

Threkki will lead the charge with his shield to catch any attack launched and will try batter his opponent off balance and use his mace to strike at his opponents unprotected head.

_________________
If I had a knife I would shoot you


Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:01 am
Profile
Noble
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:37 am
Posts: 400
Location: Bris-VEGAS, Australia
Post 
Name: Ryld Mizzrym (m) Dark Elf
Stats: M5, WS8, BS5, S5, T3, A4.
Equipment: Great Sword, Short Sword, Helmet, Heavy Armour.
Abilities: Master of Battle, Cruel Tricks, Heart Seeker.


And so it begins Stepping out of the holding pen admist the chorus of cheers that emitted from the crowd, Ryld stepped forward looking at the variety of warriors that stood before him. To his left and right were two Chaos Dwarves, who as always reeked of piss and ale At least somethings never change. Seeing that one was more interested in standing still and waiting for anything to come for him and relying on the second dwarves racial intolerance for the Dawi that lined the arena, Ryld eyed a traitorus Asur standing across from him. Slowly drawing his Greatsword as if emphasising the blade Ryld bellowed,
Draw your blade and brace yourself to meet Khaine!
a challenge aimed at the usurper elf, a challenge which resounded within the walls of the arena. Holding his cruel blade above his head Ryld charged towards his 'kin', his innate hatred pumping adrenaline through his veins.



Drawing his wicked blade and holding it above his head in a controlled practised manner Ryld will charge at Gil'Vayer with the intention of splitting the Asur from head to groin. If Gil'vayer manges to get out of the way or dodge Ryld will follow through by attempting to pirouette with his blade and finally finishing in a defensive position with his large blade held diagonally across his body.

_________________
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:


Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:49 am
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 am
Posts: 596
Post 
Name: Zekial Kharnam (m), Human
Stats: M4, Ws7, Bs4, S6, T5, A5
Weapons & Armour: Long Sword, Medium Armour, Large Shield
Abilities: Masterful Strength, Blade Master, Deliverance

Sigmar help me to purge this arena of filth. Zekial looked around the place seeing the nine other contestants, elf, dwarf and man. Much to his horror there was a crowd of cold-blooded monsters cheering for violence, Dark Elves. Cursing he firmly grasped his sword and shield he surveyed what lay around him, accessing what move he should wait. All around he saw defilers of all he fought for, Chaos Dwarves, twisted kin to the allies of man, dark blacksmiths of foulness. He spat into the dirt at his feet. Sigmar protect me Also in the arena were the race of his captors, Dark Elves or Druchii as they seemed to call themselves. How could they revel in such a horrific sight as this? They watch their own kin die.

He remembered back to before being held in this dreaded arena. He remembered a raid on the coast of one of the empires towns. He remembered fighting these Druchii. Screams of agony and torture. Childeren weeping as they watched the brutality of it all. He remembered fighting for his life then blood, lots of blood. Then there was nothing. He was awake. He was going to the arena.

Back to the fight. He was ready for whatever perils were to come his way. Safety was his plan. He wanted to live to see the next day and the only way to do that was to keep a level head in the fight. Bellowing out into the arena he roared. Fight me and I'll send you useless souls to the gates of Morr. Defilers of Sigmar, meet your end

Zekial will take a defensive stance, his shield raised to block any oncoming blows from both close combat or range. His sword is ready to strike for any area of the enemy without armour in a stabbing motion, speed is the key. If the enemy attacks with a large axe, warahmmer or halberd he will try to dodge the attack by moving out of the blow and striking quickly. Also preferably he will try to knock any oponent into the ground to finish them off

_________________
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade


Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:47 am
Profile
Dark Rider

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:14 pm
Posts: 137
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Post 
Name: Ainur (m), High Elf
Stats: M5, WS6, BS5, S4, T4, A6
Weapons & Armour: Spear, Long sword, Long bow, Light Armour
Abilities: Blade Master, Masterful Strength, Heart seeker

What happened? The last few weeks were a have, the last thing Ainur could remember was warning his superior that the Druchii had landed on the shore of Ulthuan. Fighting them, and dying in battle...

But now he was here, alive. But how long would he stay so? The gate before him opened and he entered what seemed to him as an arena.He looked to his sides and saw the there were about ten warriors in the arena. Dwarves, elves and a few humans.

To his sides were a sturdy looking dwarf one on side, and on the other side was a human. Both of them seemed a hard match for Ainur... But then he saw the drunk dwarf. Hah, looks like I'll be able to put a few arrows through that guy before he can reach me...

Ainur will walk back as far back as possible and shoot at at the drunk dwarf,(Durguth)


Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:28 am
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Name: Agrin Ironfist (m), Chaos Dwarf
Stats: M3, WS6, BS4, S6, T6, A5
Weapons & Armour: Mace, Warhammer, Heavy Armour, Helmet
Abilities: Hammer Blow, Armoured Form, Masterful Strength


Agrin was mad. The dark pointy-ears had captured him when he was out on a raid. Him and his clan were just bringing some human women back to the Dark Lands from one of the small villages, when the Druchii had pounced on them. He was a captor, not a captive! But they had bound him and sailed him all the way back to their lands. Now he was waiting in some sort of gladitorial arena, a gate in front of him. He would have his revenege. The gate swung open, and the crazy Chaos Dwarf jumped out with a bloody warcry.

He immediately saw an elf to his left (Ainur) and charged. He didn't care for the origins of the elf, if it had pointy ears or was taller than himself, it had to die. The elf stepped back and fired a bow at someone else, a perfect distraction. He growled out a few swear words in Dwarfish as he neared the elf, then raised his warhammer.

Agrin will charge at Ainur with his warhammer raised, hopefully the elf firing meaning he will get his blow in first. He will aim for the chest, perhaps sending the elf into the wall or down to the ground under the heavy impact.


Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:43 pm
Profile
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 4641
Location: I am the voice inside your head
Post 
Name- Gil'valyer (m) High Elf
Stats- M6, WS7, BS5, S4, T3, A4
Weapons- Great sword, Long bow, helmet, light armour
Abilities- Master of speed, Blade master, elven agility.

So then, this is hell,

Gil'valyer couldn't see what else it could be really. He could remember his childhood, and going on to train in Hoeth. Then he could remember being sent to a tiny coastal library guarding one of the seers. Then there were vague memories of a Druchii ship. They must of killed him because the next month had been flashing images of chains and darkness. The ship of Mori'heg no doubt. What he couldn't understand is why he should be going to hell. Was it the drinking?

I suppose there is the time I broke a kid’s finger for trying to pick my pocket. Death really sucks.

Everything hurt, and now he was in an arena, where he probably had to fight for all eternity or some such. The other nine in with him certainly looked as if they belonged with the daemons. And they didn't appear to have left their hatreds in their past lives.

The low whine of a crossbow bolt got his attention, clearly one of the dwarves had fired at him. The chaos dwarf most likely, though he was trying to frame the other. Pathetic. No less pressing was the matter of the Druchii, hefting a large blade and charging straight at him. The poor fool didn't realise that he was already dead. His god could not help him now. But something in Gil'valyer wouldn't let himself simply give up. If he was here to fight and he had weapons in his hands then he might as well put them to good use.


No time for the bow, I will never get an arrow loosed in time to stop the scum.

Gil'valyer unsheathed his great sword. Well, it was not his great sword; that had been a magnificent heirloom studded with sapphires. What he had was plain, but it was sharp and had not been forged without some skill. It would certainly do.

Our fates matter not, all is already lost! Gil'valyer screeched, his voice unnatural and hoarse, as if he had been screaming.

With his great blade in hand a poor mad Gil'valyer charged forwards to meet his foe. What did it matter anyway?



Gil'valyer will unsheathe his sword and return Ryld's charge, hoping that the crossbow bolt misses. He will attack with a flurry of blows to the head and shoulders, trying to drive Ryld back onto the defensive. Not really caring about his own fate.[/b]

_________________
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation


Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:33 pm
Profile
Beastmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:53 am
Posts: 379
Location: Canada...the other Land of Chill!
Post 
Name: Pyrina Steelskin(f), Human
Stats: M5, WS5, BS4, S6, T6, A4
Weapons & Armor: Mace, Short Bow, Heavy Armor, Small Shield, Helmet
Abilities: Master of Speed, Deliverance, Master Archer


Pyrina scanned the arena quickly as the combatants were all sent in, noticing that there was only a single human besides herself, and as luck would have it, he was the warrior directly to her left. Once Zekial had looked in her direction, she gave him a nod and tapped her shield with her mace, signaling that she would not attack him as long as he did the same, which would leave them both with only one flank to worry about instead of two.

Turning her attention back to her right, the closest combatant to her on that side was a dwarf, one of the dark ones, twisted and corrupted by the lure of chaos. His back was more or less turned to her, as he seemed more focused on firing his crossbow at somebody else, so Pyrina hooked her mace back on to her belt in it's usual spot and drew her short bow which had been slung over her back, swapping it with her shield. Taking aim, she pulled back on the bowstring as hard as she could without breaking it, trying to ensure that her arrows would be able to punch through her foe's heavy armor.

Pyrina will fire her bow twice using her Master Archer ability, aiming at Gromex (51la5).

_________________
Image

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Unarmed Fighting
Equipment: 1 Short Sword and 1 Dagger
Gold: 100


Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:43 pm
Profile
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:42 pm
Posts: 9675
Location: Designing new breeds of Dragons
Post 
Name: Daltheira Velkyn (f), Dark Elf
Stats: M5, WS7, BS5, S5, T4, A4
Weapons & Armour: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Halberd, Short Sword
Abilities: Cruel Tricks, Heart Seeker, Master of Battle

Daltheira calmly stepped into the arena, carrying her helmet under her arm as she surveyed other warriors as they entered the ring. Slight smirk crept on her lilac lips and with a swift movement she slid the helmet over her head, encasing herself fully in the armour of the Black Guard.

It was but a part of her training, and already she's endured much worse from the Tower Master. All she had to do here was to come out alive, the kill count didn't matter although the higher it will be, the better.

Her eyes flickered to the left and right under the closed helmet, surveying her closest opponents and attempting to assess the threat before the chaos of battle made it all but impossible.

As the dwarf drew the line in sand, she smirked. He'll be there when I'm back she thought and turned to the asur scum on her other flank. Already another druchii was running in the direction of the high elf and the traitor's attention was focused.

Daltheira lifted her halberd and held it firmly in both hands as she strode quickly towards her intended target, using the opportunity of his distraction to outflank him and together with the other Druchii dispatch him quickly.

Despite her cumbersome armour, she walked with feline grace and as she neared the Asur, soft growl of a stalking cat escaped her lips.

Daltheira advances towards Gil'Valyer using the opportunity and distraction Ryld created to get behind the High Elf, outflank him and attempt to pull his legs from under him with the hook end of her halberd, rendering him prone and vulnerable. All the time she retains defensive stance, preferring to disable her opponent rather than go for killing blow just yet.

_________________
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16


Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:03 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
The ground beneath the nobles turned from a silent arena to a blur of motion in an instant as the competitors entered through their gates. The nobles stood in their seats and cheered, or spat angry curses as they caught sight of some of the lesser races. Down below, the warriors took in the scene. Some were there out of choice or duty, others as punishment or just as entertainment after time as a slave. Whatever the reason, they had all been told the same thing before entering the ring. Only one of you can get out of this alive, if you're lucky....

Gromex aimed his crossbow at Gil'Valyer and fired, and seeing the bolt fly true decided to hurl his crossbow to the feet of Threkki. He quickly tried to move behind Threkki, so that the high elf would get the wrong idea of who had fired at him. Threkki was having none of it. Shouting at the hated Chaos Dwarf, he threw himself forwards and attacked with his mace. The Chaos Dwarf reacted quickly and ducked under the blow, leaving them ready to deal more damage to eachother. On the other side of the arena, the crossbow bolt punched into Gil'Valyer, but luckily for the high elf his light armour withstanded the powerful bolt. He cursed as he realised two Druchii were closing in on him from either side.

Ryld was charging at Gil'Valyer with his great sword held high, ready to split the foe in twine. Suddenly the high elf sprang towards him, intent on meeting his charge head on. Daltheria continued to run as the high elf moved towards the other Druchii, ready to surround him and bring him down. Two heads are better than one, especially in a place like this he thought. As Ryld and Gil'Valyer met in mid charge, the high elf managed to get under the great sword and lash out first. He striked for the head and made a great wound there, despite the foes helmet, blood flicked out. Ryld striked back, hitting Gil'Valyer on the shoulder, but was put off by the attacker and didn't get enough force into the blow.

Daltheria hit Gil'Valyer from behind, just after the high elf slashed the other Druchii around the face. Unable to defend from behind, and unaware the dark elf had got so close so quickly, he was taken by suprise when his legs were suddenly wrenched from under him by a powerful swipe of a halberd. He landed hard on his back, looking up into the eyes of Daltheria and very angry looking Ryld. He was unwounded, but now in a position of dire weakness. I have to get up, fast was all he told himself.

Just as Threkki and Gromex were about to start fighting again, two arrows fired by Pyrina thudded into Gromex' armour. He looked down at them with slight distaste, for both had hit him unawares. Still, neither had hit hard enough to cause him any real bother, so he ignored them and continued watching the movements of Threkki. A large hiss of annoyance spread aroud the nobles above as the dwarf below was unhurt. Clearly they wanted blood. He vowed to give it to them.

Zekial shouted out to the warriors around him to come and fight him, and then stood his ground. Apparently the dark and high elves in the arena were more busy trying to kill each other and ignored him. The same could be said for most of the dwarfs and chaos dwarfs. He looked around, keeping an eye on as much of the battlefield as possible, but nobody attacked him. The Druchii nobles above him shouted and swore at him, naming him a coward and a fool for not getting stuck in with the rest. Of course, he had no idea what they were saying, and ignored them too.

Durgoth too went for the waiting approach, carving a nice line in the sand to prove that he would not be moved. He blurted out something about elves not being able to move him from the chosen spot, to which the Druchii nobles above hissed their distaste. Ainur heard him, and the high elf stepped back to the wall and fired his bow at the Chaos Dwarf for his impetence. The bow hit him right in the chest, but the tough Chaos Dwarf simply shrugged off the blow and spat something horrible on the ground, muttering about elves.

Agrin was running at Ainur, who was distracted shooting one of the other Chaos Dwarfs. He roared out his challenege and ran as fast as his legs would carry him, but still the elf reacted quick enough to turn and fire again. The arrow didn't breach his armour, and he cackled with mad glee as he reached the elf. Time to die, pointy ears! He swung his warhammer up at the elfs chest but his blow sailed past as the elf dodged back. He swore and got ready to swing again, just as the elf swung his bow at him but missed as well.


The arena was now a swirling melee of fighting. The nobles were loving it.


Players:
5 DP - Daltheira (Dalamar)
5 DP - Durguth (Raneth)
4 DP - Ryld (T'Keela)
5 DP - Agrin (Kinslayer)
5 DP - Ainur (kajchi)
5 DP - Zekial (Sidorio)
5 DP - Pyrina (Mel'Reyna)
5 DP - Gromex (51la5)
5 DP - Threkki (Deroth)
5 DP - Gil'valyer (Drainial)



Next Posting Deadline: 48 hours after this Mod Post.


Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:24 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:42 am
Posts: 2661
Location: Group 22 RP thread
Post 
Name: Durguth the Permanently Intoxicated (m) Chaos Dwarf
Stats: M3 / WS5 / BS4 / S5 / T9 / A4
Gear: heavy armour, helmet, Great Axe
Abilities: Masterful Toughness, Cruel Tricks, Dwarven Stubborness

With a grin on his face, Durguth watched the Dark Elves to either side of him engage the charging Asur with bloodthirst in their eyes, ignoring the challenge he had posed for them. Though one received a vicious cut to the face, their vile tactic did succeed in tripping the High Elf, leaving him vulnerable.

As the Chaos Dwarf mused on the possible outcomes and cursed at the Druchii Nobles around the arena, an arrow hit him squarely in the chest. Looking for the source, Durguth was pleasantly surprised by the sight of the Asur archer responsible caught in melee. With one of my own, no less! Well, it's only polite to return the gesture... He called out to Agrin: Stand aside, beardling! I'm coming through!

Raising his Great Axe, Durguth charges Ainur as fast as his stubby legs can carry him.

_________________
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior


Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 pm
Profile
Executioner

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:47 pm
Posts: 192
Location: You tell me
Post 
Name: Gromex Hixrak (m), Chaos Dwarf
Stats: M3, WS5, BS4, S5, T6, A6
Weapons & Armour: Crossbow, Warhammer, Heavy Armour,
Abilities: Hammer blow Dwarfen stubbonress Armoured form.

Gromex felt the two arrows stick into the back of his armour he knew it must be the human behind him.

I’ll deal with you latter.

For now he had a more pressing matter in the form of the dwarf in front of him he spat at his aponent then attacked.
Gromex will swing his warhammer down aiming for the dwarfs head at the last moment he will instead swing for Threkki’s left shoulder. At the same moment he will kick out with his right foot attempting to trip Threkki if he successfully trips the dwarf then he will finish him of with his hammer blow attack. saying.
“I have broken no oath”

_________________
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.


Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:22 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software