Which is the best built for a Dreadlord leading COK?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Which weapon?

Crimson death
42%
Deathpiercer
58%

Total votes: 24

Darkurieth
Trainee Warrior

Which is the best built for a Dreadlord leading COK?

Post by Darkurieth »

Armor of eternal servitude, pendant of khaleth, shield, cold one

And if you can spare the time provide argument for your choice.
Riker666
Executioner

Post by Riker666 »

Don't put a lord in the CoK, they don't need him. If you really want, you choose the armour or the pendant, not both. I'd go with a mundane lance, armour of eternal servitude and the ring of darkness. Ring of Hotek on the champion and banner of cold blood. But it's very expensive, it's better a unit of 6 with command and cold blood
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Assuming that you are going to put him in the the knights, I would go with the Crimson Death. He can have a 2+ save if you give him a sea dragon cloak, and should you not break a unit in the first turn, then those extra S6 attacks will help in subsequent rounds of combat.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Darkurieth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkurieth »

I was playing him with deathpiercer for the passive killing blow rule as he is designed to take on any and all lords the enemy can throw and the killing blow is to lob the enemy char head off :D

But I consider the crimson death too since his unit has the ASF banner (mounted army-no BGs)
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I prefer Deathpiercer since against really nasty enemy characters, sometimes strength 6 is not enough to punch through their armor. Almost every list out there can get characters with 1+ or better armor save -- which a Killing Blow can ignore.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Kuanor
Black Guard

Post by Kuanor »

...Or they ignore KB themselves. ;)

Deathpiercer I'd only take in combination with the PoS. I didn't want at one point in the gyme to have to rely on S4.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

I'd go pendant, deathpiercer, potion or pendant, heartseeker, potion. I prefer the killing blow, but almost all my opponents are onto killing blow and bring immune to kb characters.

I can't see why you would need the regen as well as a 1+ and reverse ward. Especially since he's in the safety of his unit.

And with knights, you should endeavour to include the cauldron in your list. It gives them so much versatility.
Darkurieth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkurieth »

I should clarify that he will be riding with his cavalry supported by another COK unit with the hydra banner bsb

I think the killing blow may well earn the other heroes points since only a few would include non-KB items in their all around lists.

Then again the crimson death is better if the get stuck in combat (daemons come to mind particularly nurgle ones, also their ASF should help with the less AS he will be having by not using his shield due to using a 2h weapon)
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Darkurieth wrote:Then again the crimson death is better if the get stuck in combat (daemons come to mind particularly nurgle ones ...

Against a Nurgle Daemon army Deathpiercer could be better since a Killing Blow bypasses Regeneration. All the better for dealing with Regenerating Plaguebearers.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Darkurieth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkurieth »

Are you sure KB bypasses regeneration? It states just AS... Could be wrong though...again...
Mekhet
Warrior

Post by Mekhet »

Sure, it's specified by the BRB
New ed Druchii record: 3 Wins / 1 Draw / 0 lost / 2 wins given by the Dice Gods
Total game played and recorded 6.
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

I would go with Deathpiercer, on the charge they are both S6, Deathpiercer also gives KB for 10 points less.
Okay it is less optimal if you have a second round of combat, but CoK should avoid prolonged combat if at all possible anyway.
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Darkurieth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkurieth »

That is true but since this squad has the ASF banner it could stand against a prolonged battle (sort of anyway :P)