Group 22 - Out of Character discussion thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

New tabletop rules guys - http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=826866#826866 ;)

If you feedback in that thread I will ensure the rules are decent and make changes where necessary.

I will add scenarios as we progress through the chapters together.
Last edited by Kinslayer on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Hey guys, I am considering trying the Live Chat RPG session again some time in August.

Before we try to arrange anything further to that;

- Are all of you willing to join in again / for the first time?
- Are any of you likely to be away at any point in August?

And also, get over to that Tabletop Rules thread linked above and comment! Someone must have something to say :twisted:

I just edited a few mistakes but I didn't have to change the rules despite having not looked at them in a month. I think they're good.

Oh yeah, and how is that painting coming along Dauricha? Did you get him to work Elysian into it instead of Yori or were we slightly too late for that? :P
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

A live chat session, I am assuming that would involve a more fast paced set of turns done in 'real time'. Sounds like fun. I am away in Italy from July 29th till August 5th though. I may be away later in August as well but that holiday is yet to be pinned down. When I do go it will be for a weak though. Such is the way of holidays.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Yeah, we finally managed to organise the first one a few months before you joined the group. I have two chatrooms for the group on the gamesurge network, accessible through the Chat link on this site. We use one for out of character discussion and dice rolling (there's commands for random dice rolls etc), and the other strictly for in character gaming. This keeps the game chatroom free from anything else, as I then use this afterwards to write up a modpost in the actual game thread, detailing what was covered in the Live Chat session.

Basically it is a chance for us all to interact at the same time, which opens up a much wider avenue for discussions, working together, responding to each others actions etc. I run the game as narrator, and each of you guys can either post in speech or in narration of your characters' actions. I then get you to roll dice as required to overcome obstacles and enemies, and translate what you accomplish as the next part of the narration.

It does mean some players have to sit around while others get their 'turn', because generally fights split up into several individual fights etc. But it turned out way better than we had expected last time, I am sure the others will agree. I think those of us who were there from the start played for around 6 hours, with a few trotting in late thanks to a shameful display of waking up early :P :roll:

But seriously, that's the only downside. Where are you from? Last time the Europeans got the evening shift and the Aussies had to get up early. This time it would be the other way around...
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Sounds good; I am from the UK but an early start wouldn't kill me, I sleep too much anyway.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

What does everyone else think of trying the Live Chat again?
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

What do you mean evening shift?
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Layne wrote:What do you mean evening shift?
by that I mean last time we got to play in our evening but you guys had to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning. It's only fair that this time it is the other way around. Darn timezones!
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

I'm good from about seven o'clock your morning for five hours.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Up for it. The Ozzies got up at 4.00 AM (their time) last time right?
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Something like that yeah, I'd be willing to do the same this time around if everyone else is. Hopefully the others will reply to this too with any holiday dates. What day of the week is best for everyone? We'd be looking very early morning for the Europeans and any time from around 6pm onwards Australian time.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Any day is generally good for me at that time.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Any day is generally ****ed for me at that time. :lol:

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am off again, a week walking Hadrian's Wall. It seems I am doomed to avoid all of the interesting parts. I am not usually absent so much but the summer can be a little busy. In the interim Elysian feels that Vryala is the most sensible of the group having a natural distrust of Khainites and shades (because he is a mage and a city boy, these are IC views you understand) so he will follow her leave while I am gone though of course the specifics are up to Kinslayer. Apologies for the absence.

Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

If we're going to do a week day then it will have to be Friday for me. Monday to Thursday isn't a possibility for me if we're going to have to do it at around noon.

I'm actually still fine with doing it at 4:00 o'clock in the morning or so, like last time. But I'd prefer it if we all made it on time because I hated having to wait last time.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

When a rune of Khaine starts dripping with blood, you know some serious sh*ts about to go down.

8)
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

O yes.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

So what is happening about this real time session? It seems to me that if we are going to do it soon would be best, I don't know if anyone else here is in uni but I go back in a couple of weeks.

Gentleman of Moderation
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Hey guys so first stech of first charater for picture is up, and its you Sal/Khel!

http://www.mikaspileofanime.com/6_druchii_commission/index.album?i=0&s=1

All feedback is great as things can be changed, i think most of it is good, but the axe probably needs to change, but as i say Khel tell me what you think.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Wow, that is superb to say the least! This artist of yours has done a really great job so far, I love the look of everything so far, from the leather chest plate, the sandals, the arms, the scimitar, the neck, everything!

I agree with who I assume is you when you say the axe isn't "evil enough". I've always imagined the axe to be longer in the haft and the blade itself would be, in my mind, serrated, double edged and viciously curved.

Apart from that, it looks spectacular and I can't wait for the next instalment. Big thanks to you Dauricha and I'd love it if you'd forward my thanks to the artist as well, I'm gob smacked at the progression so far.

Bloody great work.

Regards, Doug
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am moving back to uni tomorrow so I might be out of contact for a couple of days, I will probably be able to post on Sunday but it kind of depends whether the internet in my new house is set up yet or not.

Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Now that it is official, I would very much like to welcome Kefka back into the group! Hopefully this decision will sit well with the rest of you as well, but as one of the original gamers I was hardly going to refuse him re-entry. Fiat is back, let's hope 7 players are not too hard to control eh! Kefka, congratulations again on your baby, and I'm glad you made the decision to come back to us now that real life has settled back down.

All the best,
~ Kinslayer
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Welcome back Kefka! Let's hack stuff to pieces like before! :D

EDIT @ Drainial

I'll ask here since it doesn't warrant a new thread... what happened to the Parry skill? It was a level up from Defensive Fighting, culminating in Riposte. Can't find Parry nor Riposte anywhere in your new skill list though...

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I suppose this means you will be wanting your room back then ay Kefka? :D

@Raneth: It was decided that parry and riposte were two specific to be skills, they are things that pretty much every warrior would be taught to do any way and frankly everyone in the group who uses a sword has parried sometime in the last page alone without the skill. Instead there are the new ways of the sword to act as upgrades, the one relating to sword and shield is the advancement to defensive fighting and it reflects an upgrade in general skill rather than improvement in just one area. If you really want parry and riposte put back in we can do though.

Gentleman of Moderation
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Can I swap it out or something? I mean, V's pretty much devoted to sword/shield style now anyways.