How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Furgil
Warrior

D.R.A.I.C.H. :: 8th Ed Math-Hammer : Dice Probabilities

Post by Furgil »

http://www.RemanLegions.com/whfb/Math-Hammer.pdf
Tacticas for W-E: Strategies, Theories & Math-Hammer

The link above is to a PDF I compiled of various important Dice stats that show up frequently in Warhammer 8th edition

1) Leadership Tests
  • 2D6
  • 2D6 w/ re-roll
  • 3D6 Cold-Blooded
  • 3D6 Cold-Blooded w/ re-roll
  • 2D6 Rapturous Banner
  • 2D6 Rapturous Banner w/ re-roll

2) Casting / Dispel Table
  • 1D6 -> 6D6 dice rolled and 3+ -> 16+ to cast
  • Suggested number of dice to have at least a 90% chance of success (anything less and you risk not being able to cast a 2nd time)
  • Chances for double 6-6 Irresistible Force & Miscast on 1D6 -> 6D6
  • Chances for ANY double IF / MC when Ring of Hotek or Book of Hoeth is used

3) Charge Distances
  • Infantry 2D6 charge distances between 2" -> 12"
  • Cavalry 3D6 (drop lowest) charge distances between 2" -> 12"

4) Chance to Escape Pursuing Enemies (from combat)
  • Distances for Infantry, Cavalry, Dwarfs & Skaven fleeing from various unit types including combinations of infantry & cavalry

I hope these stats are useful for your 8th edition games, the magic phase has changed dramatically from 7th to 8th, so old ways of thinking about casting/dispelling are no longer valid.

If there is a stat chart that I didn't include that you think would be helpful email me aaronchapman1980 @ yahoo . com
- Aaron Chapman
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hey, Furgil, nice to see you posting again, as helpful as before! :D
Thanks for the charts.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Saragos
Trainee Warrior

Post by Saragos »

That's awesome. I'd love to see the magic table updated with chances depending on the mage's level(they get + whatever to cast depending on what level they are)
Furgil
Warrior

Post by Furgil »

Saragos wrote:That's awesome. I'd love to see the magic table updated with chances depending on the mage's level(they get + whatever to cast depending on what level they are)

It is... all you have to do is find the casting value needed then subtract the mage's magic level... voila!

ie: casting level 20 - Level 4 wizard = 16+ to cast

I know I didn't explicitly write this, I assumed it would be obvious...
- Aaron Chapman
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

Awesome charts! Thanks!
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

The table on casting does not appear to be accurate as it appears to fail to account for the a double-6 roll constituting automatic success (albeit loss of control at the same time). The chart provide the percentage to roll X or higher on the specified number of dice, but does not account for the fact that there can be successful casting rolls that total less than the target value.

Also, to be really useful, the table needs to go up to 24. I believe the highest casting value for any spell in the new book is 25. If that spell is cast by a level 1, the target roll would be 24.

I've already started on a corrected and expanded table. But if anyone beats me to the punch, please post it.
Truly These are the End Times ...