So DoW case to exist?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Rkhatzar
Assassin

So DoW case to exist?

Post by Rkhatzar »

in 8th there is no entry for DoW also in erratas they erised all metions on Dogs of War units. Do this mean all those peuple who have some models [me?] have to wait or play only in home on home rules?

Sad, sad, sad. And those Chaos Dwarfes.
If GW would introduct any new army, i'm gonna' to organise mass suicide campaign;P

On yhe other hand that pikes would be an overkill with horde and support rules: 3+1+1 ranks attacking, ASF, +1S against Cav, Most, Chariots :) But on the other hand who would take 50 pikeman's anyway? [I've used 40 ever.]
”Fear in hearts, Fear in eyes, Fear is all before they die."
Bitterman
Beastmaster

Post by Bitterman »

Well, it's certain that DoW can't be taken in other armies (not even Ogres as DoW). I suppose it's not really clear whether DoW can be taken as an army in their own right, but GW have been trying to pretend they don't really exist for a while now. Looks like house rules only I'm afraid. (And yeah, I've got a bunch of them too).
Avernus
Trainee Warrior

Post by Avernus »

Incorrect, DoW CAN still be taken in other armies, check the DoW armylist from... which book is it... shoot... one of the side update books. The DoW and RoR units are listed as being able to be taken for x points in y slot.

Also, the list is still wonderfully legal... it just fairs poorly (at least against High Elves) though with the new generic magic items, it's better than it was.

So, yes, there's still real printed rules (Chronicles 2004, that's the book!) for us poor DoW players :)
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

DoW hasn't been supported for a long time: it wasn't supported in 7th ed, so its no great suprise (although a shame in many ways) that its been further phased out.

They're technically still legal to play with, in the same way that chaos dwarves and even fimir mercenaries are legal to play with (ie they've never produced an army book that specifically supercedes them): but in real terms they're not really playable anymore, unless with house rules.

The new rules about water creatures makes me wonder if the fishmen are finally going to make an entrance...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman