Hardest to hit character in the game?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Red...
Generalissimo

Hardest to hit character in the game?

Post by Red... »

I was looking through my O&G book last night, and came up with this combo:

Savage orc warboss
Fencing blades (WS10)
Ensignia of Mork (-1 to hit)
Armour of glittering scales (-1 to hit)

It made me laugh: all models, even models with WS10 (such as shadowblade), will only hit on a 6 in close combat. The only exceptions would be WS5 and above models that bear items that confer +1 to hit (e.g. sword of striking).

He'd be a pretty nasty guy as well. Toughness 5, immune to psych (from frenzy), 6+ ward save and 6 WS6 S5 attacks.

Is that set up genuinely the hardest to hit (not wound) in close combat in the game, or can anyone do any better? :) Challenge extended!
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Very Cool find.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Playa23
Corsair

Post by Playa23 »

You can't get any better than that if we are talking about 'hitting' a model I suppose but I can come up with a character thats harder to kill (thats not what you want right?). Cheers ;)
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

You can get a Chaos Lord to be hit on 5's rerolled against WS5 or below (WS10 sword, MoN, Armour of damnation), which is a 1 in 9 chance to hit compared to your 1 in 6, but above WS5 it's 1 in 4, which is a better chance.

Although I tend to butcher infantry in favour of characters. Despite my own Chaos Lord's defences, he hasn't been killed by direct attacks in 8th as yet.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Cool, thanks for all the feedback :)

Yeah, its probably not the best set up overall (and certainly by no means the most unkillable) as it leaves him with a very weak armour save and just a 6+ ward, but it just seemed fun. Yeah, Rork, I had wondered about a set up like that, that makes sense: it's a tie between the two. I think though that the fun of telling a high elf opponent that tyrion is only going to hit on 6s would just be so much fun though :)

Anyway, thanks for humouring my idle thinking!
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

A Wood Elf Highborn or Spellweaver can go Fimbulwinter Shard (-1 to hit the character or his mount in combat) plus WS10 Sword for regular combats, then go Annoyance of Netlings (can only be hit on a 6 in a challenge.) Largely impractical, but fairly comedic nonetheless.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Auere
Noble

Post by Auere »

Dark elves can also do funny stuff:

fencing blades, glittering scales and ring of darkness

= every opponent below WS9 hitting on 6s.
Martian
Trainee Warrior

Post by Martian »

And an ogre tyrant with Glittering scales & grayback pelt is -2 to hit (+strider).
Cathayan sword gives +1WS, +1 I on top. or fencers of course.