2000 point tourney build

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Nagorian
Slave (off the Altar)

2000 point tourney build

Post by Nagorian »

So, its most likely tourney time next weekend, and its 2000 points, only restrictions are no special characters and max 2pd/dd generated.

I'm going for a moderately melee heavy army with strong magic damage support, hopefully getting the template spells along with some debuffs.

So here goes, let me know what you think, and what needs improving

----------

Lord

Supreme Sorceress
level 4, Shadow, Lifetaker, Sac Dagger, Talisman of preservation
-
In a perfect world I'd get 0, 2, 5 and 6 as my spells, but I should atleast get some of what I need. Frenzied corsairs with S8 is allways fun.
She'll be placed with a unit of RxBs

Heroes

Sorceress
Level 2, Dark Magic, Tome of Furion
-
A nuker and damage dealer, would have loved to field another Supreme sorc, but its difficult when I also wish to protect the general.
She goes in the other unit of RxBs

Hag
BSB, Touch of Death (killing blow), Banner of Haeg Graef
Goes with the executioners, going to challenge every chance she gets so she'll hopefully stay alive. Initiative 8 and AsF should help remedy that.
I opted for KB instead of D3 attacks or the strength boost, any thoughts?

Core

Harpies, 5
No big secret, redirectors or warmachine hunters.

RxB, 11, 2 equal units
Guardmaster, musician, shields
-
The reason there's 11 per unit is to make it 6 wide with the casters. I'll try keeping them out of trouble, thus the shields and guardmasters, but I've considered stripping the units bare to afford either more corsairs or executioners.

Corsairs, 21
Full command, sss
-
A nasty unit of massive attacks, thinking 7 wide. Alone, they can deal with quite a few units, and will also function as great support for the execs if they get into trouble. If I land an Okkams on the unit its near unstoppable.

Special

Shades, 5
AhW
-
Running them rather bare, they're there to cause trouble and hunt warmachines. I've opted to not give them light armor, as I've rarely, if ever, been targeted by str 3 attacks on them. Perhaps that changes with some warmachines, but I doubt they're a juicy enough target unless everything else is engaged in CC

Executioners, 22
Full command, no standard
-
I feel they're a bit light on numbers. I'll run them 7 wide, but without a cauldron to give them wardsave they'll probably attract alot of shooting. They should manage when I get in CC due to the ASF banner, but I'm worried they'll be greatly diminished before getting there.
Should I drop the shades and up the number of execs?

Rare

Hydra, 2
They're too good to leave at home. I may run them as a pair, or split them to get the flanks, as support for the execs and corsairs.
Should I remove one hydra, get a chariot and boost the execs?

---------------------

So thats my list really. It should be able to deal with horde armies as well as units with massive armor. pit of shades should be able to deal with low init monsters, like the new TK models, or Black Horror along with a debuff. Hard to pull off, but not impossible.

I hate leaving the CoB at home, but I feel the BsB will do better with the executioners. And, I still can't put a Master in a Khainite unit, right?

So what do you think? Any pointers are appreciated

EDIT : I've opted to not deploy a strong anvil, hoping my hammers, along with my magic, will win me combat and grant me enough kills to remove steadfasts. Both the execs and corsairs will be 7 wide and 3 deep, so with a few casualties I'll still have a rank, and against big blocks I'll hopefully get a Hydra into their flank as well.
A.andersson
Corsair

Post by A.andersson »

Yeah you should probably drop something for more exis, i ran 21 in a comped tournament, without the hag though, but they were sadly just effective in 1-2 out of 6 matches.
Nagorian
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nagorian »

a.andersson wrote:Yeah you should probably drop something for more exis, i ran 21 in a comped tournament, without the hag though, but they were sadly just effective in 1-2 out of 6 matches.

I find that the hag makes a huge difference, as my numbers usually won't be decimated before I get to strike at them. Still, I would like to increase their numbers to 30 and make it 10 wide as well to maximize their initial attack power