Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 11:57 am



Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Group 42 - Chapter 1: The Prisoner 
Author Message
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
Searinox sneered at the fact that he simply got ignored by this limp elf that just appeared out of nowhere. Wiping the blood of his short sword he stepped towards the human that had just exhaled his final breath. "Lead us? this limp just shows up and decides he knows where we are going?" In a small outburst he kicks the corpse now lying in front of him onto its backside, he then bended over to pick up the chain from the humans still soft grip, fastening it across his chest. "He should be glad I didn't kill him on the spot!" Searinox turned around to face both Caroac and Harkyl, the latter of which had continued his long speech "If he keeps this up I might still kill him..."

Searinox walked past Harkyl towards the captives "You should be glad if you get anything! Ereth Khial be damned, you don't even know why we are here! And you say you can lead us to our destination?!" Searinox let out a hearty laugh full of ill intent as he reach the captive humans, hope drained from their eyes as they realised their fate, some cried while others just seemed to stare into the void. He drew a certain amount of comfort from their suffering and calmed down slightly, inhaling deeply he then turned slightly and looked over his shoulder to Harkyl "Though the story of how you got your cripple rear end stranded out here in these lands should be a laugh to hear."

He paused for a moment... A presence was missing... "Ow right, Incareth,"
"Can someone go check if Incareth is still with us?"

Loots the human corpse,
showing no intend of hiding his disdain towards Harkyl as he addresses him again
checking if Incareth is still alive

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:10 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
Baffled by her failure, Ladry took a long pause simply staring at her hands. Deftly noting that the others had not seemed to take notice, she satisfies herself with the fact that Analya and Kirvaleth seemed to have the berserk human under control at this point. Blood was pouring from so many wounds it could not be long until this ones eyes would close forever. The mumblings of a strange voice, the voice of a newcomer, snapped her attention back to her surroundings. A cloaked, limping elf of grotesque stature had somehow joined the fight and killed a human, judging from the conversation and the blood on his blade. And now he seemed to think himself a member of the group? What is he, as stupid as he is ugly?

Searinox seemed to have reached a similar conclusion. He adressed the newcomer with hardly disguised mockery. As Searinox walked toward the captive slaves, taking in their despair, Ladry turned toward Harkyl. "You speak as if you are one of us. Yet examination of the circumstances at hand determine this is not yet the case." She paused for a moment to let her words carry more weight. "You promise much, yet give nothing solid. It is a poor raiding party that trades food for empty words."

Satisfied with her words, she turned to Caraoc, whom she knew would have a sense of danger before most would. "Do you reckon this was it? We should loot the houses on the double and signal for the ship. No reason to overstay our welcome".

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:25 am
Profile
Noble

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Somewhere secret somewhere safe
Two of the party already suspicious of him, well, it is to be expected among the druchii, but still not the greatest start. Harkyl sighed deeply, allowing his smile to fade into a grimace. He looked around the town square, a few dead humans, one smoldering corpse the smoke black and oily burning on the fat of the man's muscles, and a group of captives cowering, as is befitting of the lesser races. I will have to be warry of these elves Harkyl thought with a hint of disdain, and satisfaction, especially the shade who's allegiance is most likely hardest to win... but perhapse I can appease to the sentiments of this fire breather. Harkyl doesn't know much about the map he possesses other than it denotes symbols of magical lores scattered throughout the realm, in villages and even one on top of a mountain. He decedes to leverage what he does know, to show some value and play 'nice' with the second mage:

Pyromancer. See this corpse that burns in beautiful glory?, Harkyl motions to the corpse of the burning human and continues, From the color of the smoke we can devine what substance burns. The gray smoke is from his clothes, while the darker oily smoke is from burning flesh and fat. Similarly I can devine that the treasure you seek and may yet have found in this village is not of the ordinary sort - I smell its dark oily stench of magic and of death.

Harkyl paused for a moment and took in the faces of the elves around him. From years of cons and back handed dealings, he had learned to read the involuntary physical marks of the workings of a mind. They've found the item that the map marks. Harkyl decided and then continued. If you show me what you have found, and fill my belly with meat, then I can lead you to more such treasures accross this land.

Gives more evidence of his value, appeals to the pyromancer's nature, requests food and to see the treasure they had found.

_________________
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting


Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:00 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8529
Location: Hag Graef
Ladry asked Caraoc: "Do you reckon this was it? We should loot the houses on the double and signal for the ship. No reason to overstay our welcome".
The pilot replied:
"I'm not sure it is over yet. We haven't found the alchemist or the margrave."
_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.+ Book (On the boundary between life and death)
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:25 pm
Profile
Noble

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Somewhere secret somewhere safe
A margrave in this little hovel? I don't see any knights or a castle - what makes you suspect one is nearby? An alchemist though, that is interesting.

Harkyl had hoped to join in at the end of the fight, he is sore and tired from his multiple nights march. Given how poorly I am being recieved, perhaps I should ingratiate myself somewhat - it might at least postpone a the reciept of a knife to my back Harkyl speaks up: Perhaps the time for talk sin't yet upon us. I am faster on my feet then my posture suggests, and would be glad to hunt for these missing humans. I came from beyond the orchard and saw no sign of them on that road.

Offers to help

_________________
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting


Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:18 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 585
The corsairs were still unwilling to move much, confused by the sudden human counterattack, the appearance of some strange druchii and his daring words. Then one of them stepped forwards, a broad-shouldered man clad in a leather vest that left his beefy arms bare, with thick short hair the colour of the Hungry Gaze's mast and a scar on his right cheek.

“Why are we standing?” he shouted. “Back to work! Group one loots the houses, group two checks the wounded and has crossbows ready. The sooner we leave it here the better.”

This set the corsairs in motion finally, and soon they were collecting valuables from the houses and wiping blood off the faces of injured.

The remaining fight was as one-sided as one would expect. The two elves were controlling their foe in a good harmony, throwing away his axes and creating openings for each other; Kirvaleth was even able to pull of some feints Analya had practiced with Paithan. Slowly, they were working their way to victory.

Then a mighty roar burst through the relative silence. Dolan, despite having been wounded more than once, got to his feet again and slammed into the human with his shoulder. The impact had so much brute force that the human flew to air and crashed on the ground; Dolan then grasped his sword with both hands and buried it deep into the human's chest. After that, at last, the villager's opposition was crushed.

“So I am now the defeater of Shadowblade, you say?” he laughed. He turned to the tavern and shouted: “I think this deserves a drink. I invite everyone for some human swill!”

Kirvaleth was standing motionless, observing the slain axeman.

“You fight well,”
remarked Analya on his address. She seemed a bit taken aback how swiftly the fight ended; a hint of deep joy was nevertheless still apparent in her eyes and her voice hinted that she had just learnt to respect the towering mercenary.

“Of course,” he shrugged, not moved by her compliment at all. “What did you expect?” Then he turned his back to her and walked away to find Darven.

The noble girl watched him for just a slight moment and then turned to the sleeveless corsair that had stepped forwards to run the raid. “So how are we doing?” she asked.

“Could be worse,” he evaluated. “Incaneth is quite bad, he does not even know about himself, but we will pour some medicine in him and he will be well. Paithan is just vomiting and Kruz coughs out blood but they should be fine in time. Steelhorn walks without help so I have no worries here. No one injured otherwise. There seem to be some strong slaves and a lot of food, not much more of value but we keep looting. Yes, and we have already signalled Kireth he can sail in.”

“Good job,” Analya nodded with a very slight smile. “And I see the wanderer is already being questioned. Keep it up.” She looked around. “Where is Iscar? I think he would do very well as a sentry in the church tower. Give him a word, please. I am going there, too, to see the village from above. I will join you again in a very short time.”

She walked away and the morning sun was falling on her proud neck, on the sails of nearing Hungry Gaze, on the rope binding the new captives, on the fresh blood on the ground. The sun was bright but the air still cold; there was light and chill at the same time.

Axeman finally dead, corsairs proceed to loot the village. Routine work.
Incaneth's wound is the worst, Paithan and Darven should allegedly be fine.
You can talk as much as you like.


Searinox: add a chain to your inventory. Also, previously in the alchemist's house you have acquired several flagons: one labelled Mindelfeite, three labelled Drahnfeite, three labelled Scharzenfeite.

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Thu May 01, 2014 3:05 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8529
Location: Hag Graef
The fight was over.
Caraoc resumed his guard duty, crossbow ready to react to a possible intruder or a slave trying to flee.
The villagers seemed no longer willing to give a fight, and the slave file was filling in.
The beasts had becalmed now from the horn sound, and were added to the two-legged cattle. Those could be eaten, that would change from navy biscuits.
The "Hungry Gaze", which sails were now visible, would get some fresh cargo.
Caraoc was eager to read the strange book, but would not do it in front of the newcomer.

Guard duty.
_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.+ Book (On the boundary between life and death)
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Thu May 01, 2014 7:17 pm
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
Searinox let out a deep sigh, 'This newcomer is getting on my nerves' He then turned his attention to Dolan and walked towards him. "I'll join in on that you craze!" he patted Dolan shoulder as they moved to the tavern. "We might find some additional rations aswell, though I'm not to excited about what this human swill..." He then felt to his side, at the pouch he had retrieved from the alchemists house. [i]'This might give me a better chance to check what I looted earlier on aswell'[/b]

Joining Dolan towards the Tavern, hoping to find some additional goods and take a closer inspection to his spoils

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Fri May 02, 2014 11:48 am
Profile
Noble

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Somewhere secret somewhere safe
This isn’t some tavern outside of Naggarond, where I can just move along once I’ve overstayed my welcomee. Harkyl reminds himself, this is the thousands of miles away in the land of humans, where there is a price on Druchii heads. Harkyl curses himself silently for his atypical lack of tact upon first meeting the raiding party. He doesn't mind their disdain, or being an outsider, he is used to both and has suffered much worse, but in this foreign land, he would be a fool not to join up with a Druchii ship, and to do that he will need its sailors and raiders to be willing to suffer his presence. Or even better, believe him valuable.

That earlier brashness with the jests wasn’t like me, and it was damned foolish. Here I am a wanderer appeared from seemingly nowhere; I don’t need to flaunt myself. I am intrigue enough. Harkyl decides on a new course of action, he will let the others come to him. But to do that, he will need to be in their midst. Harkyl turns and limps towards the tavern; his pace is painfully slow so as to enter last, after all of the corsairs and raiders.

Limps off to the tavern at a slow pace. He will enter last after the raiders and corsairs have had time to settle in.

_________________
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting


Fri May 02, 2014 4:57 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 585
Immediately after Searinox had answered Dolan's invitation to join him in the tavern, a corsair laughed. “We should go there too or they will drink and eat everything.” He stood up and two of his comrades followed. “We need to take care you won't drink more than three bottles, you know,” the speaker explained to the strong mercenary. “Nothing personal, it has always been so in our raids. Though you could talk to Kireth, maybe he will raise the limit to five bottles just because of you. You have such nice eyes, you know.” Grinning in a friendly manner, he had already walked up to the two mercenaries.

“That would make me your saviour, wouldn't it?” Dolan replied. “Don't worry, I will leave something for the bunch of you. Paithan needs some medicine after all.” He laughed again and entered the building. Searinox and the three corsairs quickly followed.

Inside, there was not much to see. A few rough tables and benches, some hides here and there, a few mugs lying on the floor. Oddly enough, there were some glass vials, too, labelled in the human tongue: there was a Mindelfeite, a Harschtfeite and four times a Drahnfeite. In the corner, there stood a cask and another was lying beside. Then, there was a small kitchen in the house as well as a bedroom; and in a cellar partially below the ground, a good ration of flour, vegetables and even meat – and ale, wine, beer and liquors of various kinds. Dolan did not waste a moment and took a deep gulp; then he grabbed two more flasks and went outside again.

The group was followed by the limping newcomer but he was not fortunate enough to get inside. After a few steps, the strong elf came to him and said: “You are going nowhere. I do not know who you are and I do not care but you are not going to steal our bounty. Just stay here until someone smart talks to you.” He turned to one of his fellow corsairs and commanded: “Watch him.”

Soon after this, Harkyl was alone with one single companion who was aiming his crossbow at him casually. This elf seemed fairly relaxed, his expression was almost friendly. He assumed a comfortable position a few yards away and observed the hunchback with interest.

All around, the village was buzzing with movement. Most of the new slaves were tied already and only occasionally a new victim was dragged outside. Good timber was found to be lying behind one of the houses. The corsairs were systematically seizing food, finer clothes, metal trinkets and small bits of coin. Iscar was already climbing the tower and some elves were staying on the sides of Paithan and Incaneth. Still, there was much work remaining.

Basically, if you want to talk to someone or search the village or something, do it. Otherwise please give me a word so that I know I should move the story further.
Searinox, you can requisition some liquers or a bit of food.
Harkyl, you were intercepted by the sleeveless corsair and forbidden to go into the tavern. A crossbow is pointed in your direction but the corsair wielding it is not looking overly fierce.
Caraoc, as Iscar is going to act as a sentry on the tower and the slaves are all bound, you are probably not needed in your guard duty anymore.


_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Tue May 06, 2014 2:33 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8529
Location: Hag Graef
Caraoc witness the hump being rebuffed from looting, appropriately.
He laughed lightly. Would this newcomer really believe them to be so naive?

"Hey, Harkyl sharp tongue! It seems that your empty words are fooling none.
If you need a trip back to Nagg', you'd better either have a full purse, or do more than paying lip service to help a winning fight."


Inviting dialogue with Harkyl.

_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.+ Book (On the boundary between life and death)
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Tue May 06, 2014 3:45 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
As the gang of mercenaries and corsairs alike gathered up and moved into the tavern, Ladry let out a short sigh. The raid was victorious, for sure, but to go off drinking... In the morning... With the surrounding countryside not accounted for. She noted that Caraoc stayed outside, and the newcomer with a corsair guarding him. She moved closer to Caraoc so as to be able to whisper to him. "Drunken bunch, those guys" she said, in a tone that Harkyl nor his guard would not be able to eavesdrop on. "If you want to take a peek at the book, go for it. I'll keep an eye on the prisoners, just share what you discover, alright?"

Without waiting for an answer, she waved a hand at the still burning corpse at their feet, extinguishing the flames. It was starting to smell, anyway. Then she found a reasonably clean spot, sat down facing the prisoners, and started to muse at her inability to penetrate the flesh of the large human with her magic. This might have something to do with the lessons of yesteryear, about the gruelling difficulty of death magic which targeted the very spirit of its enemies. Maybe there was a link between the spirit and the flesh that she was not schooled enough to know.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Tue May 06, 2014 5:09 pm
Profile
Noble

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Somewhere secret somewhere safe
Ha! Aye conjurer, it has been a sorry start to our encounter. Harkyl replies to the shoeless elf, as he turns towards him, and away from the corssbow wielder and the tavern. It seems trust is running short, and that my words are worth less than spilled human blood. So let me speak plain.

Harkyl limps towards the shoeless elf, speaking, not loudly, but clearly so that any who cared to listen might overhear, I believe that your party discovered an arcane item in this village. I know where more such items can be found. I know the lay of the surrounding land and locations of nearby towns and forts. And, beyond that, I know what enemies you (or perhaps we) are likely to face.

Harkyl pauses to let his words sink in. He is now a few paces from the shoeless elf, and continues, Many dispise me because of my broken form, and manners of speaking. But, I doubt the prides of such a group of impressive warriors are so fragile as to take offense at a few sharp words, and I imagine that such a successful raiding party is shrewed enough to see my value beyond my disfigured frame.

Approaches and speaks to the shoeless elf. Explains some ways that he can be of value to the raiding party.

_________________
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting


Tue May 06, 2014 7:03 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
As Harkyl suddenly begins to approach Cacaoc, Ladry ignites a flame in her palm, and shouts towards the limp. "Until we have determined whether or not you can be trusted, that's close enough!" she says, as she motions for him to step back.

Having Caraocs back, as she still does not trust the newcomer, nor his eerie approaches.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Tue May 06, 2014 8:00 pm
Profile
Noble

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Somewhere secret somewhere safe
Very well fire dancer. Have the flames of Aqshy burned up your thirst for knowledge, or made you thirst even more? I could lead you to more knowledge, or would you risk burning the pages of my mind before you could benefit? If it is proof you want I can give it to you... in a town 20 or so miles from here.

Addresses the fire wizard. With a crossbow and now a potential torrent of fire on him, Harkyl is cautious to move slowely.

OOC: "As Harkyl suddenly begins" Harkyl is limping around - not making sudden movements.

_________________
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting


Tue May 06, 2014 8:18 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8529
Location: Hag Graef
The Astromancer was boiling internally about the perspective to read the book's content. The mere contact with the cover had proved to be so intense!
Ladry teasing his curiosity was only adding pressure. But there was this foreigner with oblique manners, inspiring little confidence.
But Caraoc was unusually patient for a Druchii, the book could wait.

"Harkyl, wrong guess, this small party will not attack Human towns and forts. You must have mistaken us for a hackseer raid.
That remark made the other corsairs chuckle.
And you guessed me wrong as well, I have many talents but I'm no conjurer. You could have said so many truths about me!
Actually..."

The scald too a deep breath. His companions ceased to smile and looked at him with anguish. They had learned to expect the unexpected when he would sing.
But this time, to their relief, it was just Caraoc's presentation. A rather special one, indeed.

Here was his song:
"I get your word today; You look so good to me, I know; But I can change;
Tried to tell you; But you look at me like maybe I’m a conjurer earnest; In a sentence sweet

Before the day you tried; must have been really to see the softer side.
I can understand how you’d be so confused, I don’t envy you.
I’m a little bit of everything,

All rolled into one,
I’m a tramp, I’m a lover, I’m a pilot, I’m a sailor,
I’m a sinner, I’m a drunk, I do not feel ashamed,
I’m your fool, I’m your king, I’m joking for the win,
You know, you wouldn’t want it any other way.

So take me as I am. This may mean you’ll have to be a patient man.
Just don’t shoot me, when I start to make you nervous, and I’m going to extremes.
Tomorrow I will change and today won’t mean a thing,

I’m a scald, I’m a singer, I’m a poet, I’m a piper,
I’m a warrior, I’m a shooter, I’m a corsair, I’m a looter,
I’m your hell, I’m your dream, I’m nothing in between
You know, you wouldn’t want it any other way."


<scratching his crossbbow rope in tone by varying the tension>

"Just when you think you got me, figure out the season’s already changing.
I think it’s cool, you do what you do, and don’t try to sing this,

I’m a tramp, I’m a lover, I’m a pilot, I’m a sailor,
I’m a sinner, I’m a drunk, I do not feel ashamed
I’m your fool, I’m your king, I’m joking for the win
You know, you wouldn’t want it any other way.
I’m a scald, I’m a singer, I’m a poet, I’m a piper,
I’m a warrior, I’m a shooter, I’m a corsair, I’m a looter,
I've been numb, I revived, Can't say I'm not alive,
You know, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Who who, who whohoo... Who who, who whohoo..."


The scald enjoyed a lot the audience staring at him, including the new slaves and even their cattle, nobody believing what they saw and heard.
As he finished his wacky singing presentation, Caraoc provided finally his name, with a triumph in his large smile.
"Among corsairs, I'm a pilot. Some people know me as Caraoc the scald, as anyone who heared my songs could not forget them, no matter how hard they wished!" He laughed, and all the other elves present laughed even loudlier, relieved that he had ceased to sing without causing any disaster. Caraoc's voice had been a favorite theme for not so subtle jokes ever since he embarked aboard the "Hungry Gaze".

"So, Harkyl, if you're bad at guessing, what else can you provide, more convincingly?"

Easing the tensions. Resuming discussion.

OOC: Alanis Morissette – I’m a b-tch I’m a lover
Lyrics: http://www.lyrics007.com/Alanis%20Moris ... yrics.html
soundtrack : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAjNVKtQHAY
_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.+ Book (On the boundary between life and death)
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Tue May 06, 2014 8:33 pm
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
As Searinox walked inside the tavern he quickly scanned the inside of a building. The only reason he really joined Dalon inside was so that he could find a spot to inspect his goods. Walking through the building he saw various things of use, one of which was a piece of lamb which he took and started to eat. He shrugged slightly, 'bah... human cooking... though it's better then nothing.' while looking for a place to sit he found a few more of these strange flasks, these where empty but at least this meant that the chance of the content being deadly decreased slightly. Having found a spot to sit mostly outside of the view of the other corsairs that where inside the building as well he pulled out the pouch containing the other flasks and lined them up.

'Mindelfeite, Drahnfeite and Scharzenfeite...' He leaned back a bit and sighed 'That's a nice collection I'm starting here... to bad I have no idea what kind of collection it is... Whilst Searinox could read the text on the bottles he had no idea what they meant. He would have to find someone to translate it for him, that or guess what's in them. He started to mumble a bit to himself "Feite... it's on all of them... could mean serum... or drought... or something in that direction. It's the first words I need to figure out..." He let his head fall on the table to think some more. 'Come on... you can do this.' He picked up the Mindelfeite flask, "Mindel... could have something to do with ones perception..." After pondering about it for a few more minutes something struck him. "Hold on... those humans came charging out of the tavern... what if they weren't drunk on liquor but the content of these flasks was what send them into their frenzy?" he decided to leave it at that for now and put all the flasks into the pouch and walked towards the exit, grabbing a bottle of liquor on his way out. "If push comes to shove I'll have to try and get some information about someone that can read Reikspiel."

As he walked outside he heard Caroac's singing once again, closing in on the scald he raised his arm in a manner to protect his head as he looked up, it wouldn't have been the first time that the weather changed after his singing. "Found some new inspiration again Caroac? Searinox said jestingly. He sat himself down next to Caroac and let himself come to ease slightly. While still wary of their new 'ally', Searinox's curiosity had gotten the better of him. If anything he wanted to know how Harkyl got stranded in these faraway lands.

"How about you start by providing us with how you got stuck here?"

trying to understand the meaning of the words on the flasks
then tries to find out more about Harkyl

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Last edited by Searinox Nagharha on Wed May 07, 2014 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.



Tue May 06, 2014 9:23 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 585
As Dolan was approaching the lying Paithan, he shouted from far away: “Hold on, buddy, I am bringing you the best medicine you could find!” The khainite shook his head, grimaced in a sour grin and responsed: “Perfect! You know, this chap who was checking me just a while ago did not believe I had broken a rib. Maybe he will change his mind if the ale starts pouring from the hole in my body.” He took a sip and smiled blissfully. “Just a bit of lying here with this in hand and I will be ready to battle again.”

Near them, the two strong mercenaries, Kirvaleth and Kruz, were talking silently while observing their surroundings. Kruz was sitting on the ground, leaning on the wall of a house; apparently most of the blow he had suffered was absorbed by his armour, after all. Incaneth was still lying, though, and one of the corsairs was feeding him some medicine with a small spoon. Above them all, quiet voices of Analya and Iscar were to hear.

Then, Caraoc begun to sing. At first, the other elves were surprised and some of them even grasped for their swords; soon the tension faded, though, and once the chorus rang out, they started to smile and nod in appreciation. The watcher who was supposed to keep an eye on Harkyl started to drum on his crossbow; the corsair who had checked Paithan made a few dance steps. Even the slaves seemed somewhat relieved, despite they could not understand a word.

Then the song ended and Caraoc found out the attention of almost everyone was turned to him – everyone except the man by Incaneth's side and the first officer himself. They seemed in a rather friendly mood, though from time to time they were throwing worried looks at their unconscious comrade.

Just an intermezzo to let you know what is going on around you.

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Tue May 06, 2014 9:30 pm
Profile
Noble

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Somewhere secret somewhere safe
Five days ago our ship a cutter known as Kako-Necturus (The Water Deamon) sounded shallows about 30 miles south of here with a force of about two score blood-sworn corsairs and half again mercenaries. I was among the mercenaries and one of the few – despite the looks of me - able bodied scouts. We landed amid brackish flats and took the cutter’s skiff in turns to land about half our number.

We made our way in land to double back upon a town ten miles to the north. The cutter beat back out to sea and was supposed to meet us at dawn on the morrow as we attacked the village from both land and sea.

It wasn’t a typical raiding strategy, but the raid wasn’t supposed to be a typical raid. Our captain Anacyrus Debilis (the Green Toad) had procured a map marked with various symbols of the faces of magic. I do not know how the captain knew of my past, but as I was raised in part by my necromancer uncle, the Toad took me into his confidence trusting that I could be of some help. We posited that the various markings likely represented the locations of magical artifacts pertaining to each of the winds.

The town we sought to raid was called Schaurdeimen and bore the mark of Chamon. This nameless village where we now stand bore the mark of Shyish – the mark of the necromancer and of death. Our plan was to attack the village from both sides to prevent whatever the symbol marked from being stolen away during the fighting.

As my party beat a path north among costal shrub I was among our scouts and sighted a pair of wretched Ashur on the path from Schaurdeimen. The elves were heavily cloaked, but by their movement and scent we knew their foul traitorous flesh. Four of us gave chase while the rest of the party continued the advance on our prize.

By moon’s rise among the gentle hills of the coastland we had closed upon the Ashur, a young squire no older than 70 and a slightly chubby highborn. The highborn died to a bolt through the neck as we stopped his chant of arcane words, and the gibbering boy knew nothing of importance even under the coaxing of my knife. We beat our path back before dawn with the hope that a hard march could deliver us to Schaurdeimen by mid day.

By mid-morning however we began to feel the vibrations of heavy horses scouring the lowlands in criss-crossing patrols. Our pace slowed as we made from cover to cover – catching glimpses of bald headed knights in heavy grey armor and with warhammers abreast their saddle-horns.

After hours of this cat and mouse game, we heard hounds a valley over, undoubtedly on our scent. South East of the town now, we doubled back through a salt marsh but it was no use. Three groups of four or five knights hammered through midst. In the confusion, I was separated from my party and forced to retreat farther inland away from Kako-Necturus, and the rest of our force.

Even though I had reached within a few miles of the town, I never saw the smoke or heard the cries from the raid. I had to assume that Anacyrus, sensing danger beat back out to sea to seek a new target. Keeping to the forested foothills, I made a hard march over three nights to reach this town.
This morning when I saw dark shapes slipping through the orchard I hoped that it would be my shipmates and allies. And although I do not know you lot, a Druchii face and steel is a welcome sight to my sorry wary bones.

I am good with a blade, and soft of step. I know these lands, and I am without ship or crew. I am not easy to like, and disdain is usually the best first impression that I leave. But I ask you fellow acolytes of the great dark lord, to serve his glory and allow me to join your cause. I do not ask for anything but basic quarter until I can prove my worth. And am confident that I can be of worth on whatever path you sail.


Explains the unlikley circumstances that brought him to the town, asks much more humbly to join with the raiding force

OOC: Sooooo sorry for the long delay

_________________
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting


Tue May 20, 2014 12:23 am
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8529
Location: Hag Graef
Caraoc listened carefully to the stranger's story. For a change, he was on the listening side, a rarity not to let escape without enjoying it thoroughly... so long as it would not occur so often as to leave him out of his favourite job as a scald.
The pilot rose an eyebrow when hearing about the name of a ship and a captain he had come to know well... but not for the best.

"So you've been onboard this good ol' foolish Kako-Necturus, were you? And you've met the infamous Toad? He owes me one and half gold piece for a lost bet but never paid me back in twelve years by now, may Drakira take care of his warts.
But tell us more about your former captain and his ship, so that I know that you're telling some truth."


Double-checking sincerity.
_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.+ Book (On the boundary between life and death)
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Tue May 20, 2014 6:53 pm
Profile
Noble

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Somewhere secret somewhere safe
Ah, the Kako-Necturus , Harkyl was somewhat nostalgic for the vessel, not being much of a sailor, she was the first real ship on which he had travelled, She is shallow in the draft, and long and narrow along the beam; her hull is made of overlapping split boards of alternating colors -together that give her the appearance of a great serpent skimming atop the waves. I am told she is among the fastest there is once on a line, although she is somewhat slow to come about. She carries two masts with triangular sails – the first mate said they are called Lanteen, much like those of the cursed Eagle ships of Ulthaun.

Harkyl thought of the captain Anacyrus Debilis, and despite himself a shiver ran down his spine. There was something unsettling about the pock marked captain, Aye, and I know the Kako’s Captain, the Green Toad – although not well. He is called the Toad for obvious reasons, his face is pocked and arms and hands bubble with warts, like a blistering pine from the black forest.

A week out to sea, one of the mercenaries japed that he was named Green because he used to suffer sea-sickness; that mercenary suffered the sickness of a blade to the gut and his entrails spilled across the deck of the Kako-Necturus. I have no love – or for that matter hate - for Anacyrus Debilis, and I cannot speak to his honesty or debts. He was sullen and quiet and hard to know. His corsairs however were fiercely loyal, almost unnaturally so.


Gives a more detailed description of the Kako-Necturus, and her captain Anacyrus Debilis.

_________________
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting


Tue May 20, 2014 10:50 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8529
Location: Hag Graef
Ahh, nostalgia...
"Ah? The present pilot has lost the favors of Ladrielle, it seems.
Good to know that she is still as fast as when I could lay my hands on her. I'm talking about the ship, not the goddess."

But nostalgia was nothing as good as it used to be, and the scald pilot had no wish to invoke further the Toad.

The good point was that at present, Caraoc was highly confident that Harkyl's story was credible. So the artefact could be linked with Shyish?
What might be worrisome was the mention of heavy knights in vicinity. Analya would decide.

"Guys, I believe that our new companion now deserves some refreshment."

Accepting Harkyl.

_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.+ Book (On the boundary between life and death)
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Wed May 21, 2014 9:36 am
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
Searinox sighed "Well, if Caraoc thinks you deserve it I guess a little couldn't hurt." He tossed the bottle of liquor he had been drinking from to Harkyl. "At the very least you got a good set of eyes being able to spot Iscar and me in the orchid, but I'm still keeping my eye on you!"
He looked up at the church tower where Analya and Iscar where keeping watch, "These bald knights concern me more though. If what you say is right then it means that they could hit this town at any moment." Searinox thought deeply for a moment. "From your description and the map you found it sounds like they are on some kind of crusade to destroy all these magical artefacts."

Putting a little trust in Harkyl, offering his input

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Wed May 21, 2014 1:13 pm
Profile
Noble

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Somewhere secret somewhere safe
Harkyl dexterously caught the bottle and took a small swig. He isn’t one for heavy drinking, having long ago recognized the dangers of dulled senses. But the liquor warmed his wary and travel worn bones, and for that he was greatfull, Thank you. Harkyl tosses the bottle back and continues: That is an interesting theory on the knights. Whatever they are after, they could be trouble. Luckily their horses are heavy destriers which should slow them somewhat over-land and allow us to easily outpace them by sea.

Accepts a sip of whisky, and responds to the shade. Hoping to continue to build goodwill.

_________________
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting


Wed May 21, 2014 2:19 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
Ladry had been sitting in the middle of the village throughout Caraocs song, paying attention with only half her mind as she was set on discovering this magic defense that the body seemed to have, in order to better manipulate it. The stank smell of burnt flesh was starting to subside, as the morning sun was starting to rise and the fog was swept away by a sea breeze. But when Harkyl suddenly mentioned artifacts pertaining to the winds of magic, her attention snapped fully onto him, although her appearance did not show it. After a lengthy banter about ships and whatnot, she gathered that Caraoc aparently accepted him. So be it.

As drinks where passed around, Ladry decided to let her mind rest for a moment, and turned her attention toward the others more openly. "Knights or not... This concept of artifacts of magic intrigues me, and I wish to learn more. I should be most eager to lay my hands on a token in service to the magnificent Aqshy, the benevolent ruin." She looked towards the tower where she new Analya was on lookout duty. "Slow destriers or not, we better get the slaves and bounty loaded doubletime. This party is not equipped to handle armor, even my fire will come up short unless I get a long time to conjure. I say we avoid confrontation, take to the seas, and go look for these items, see if your words are worth what you claim." Ladry got on her feet and sent a quick gaze in the direction of the sea. They cant be far off coast now...

"As for the alchemist, I think it is safe to say that bird has flown. We have his treasure, if Harkyls tales are true, that should make this raid worth more than we could have hoped for."

Accepting Harkyl and showing interest in magical artefacts. Suggesting to move out of the village while we have the time.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Wed May 21, 2014 3:18 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software