Hello my fellow dark bretheren
My club has started a WFB campaign using 1000 and 2000 pt armies and I've got a 1000 pointer on monday against WoC with the following restrictions:
* Led by a Hero. There is a 10% points reduction on the cost of steeds.
* Up to 1 further Hero permitted. This may be a level 1 mage.
* Up to 1 Special unit, +1 additional Special unit that has a move greater than 5.
* Up to 1 Rare unit.
* Up to 1 War Machine permitted with an additional 10% points cost for all races other than Dwarves.
* Up to 1 Large Monster or unit of Monstrous Infantry allowed.
* Up to 50 points of Magic Items may be used across the entire army.
* The normal 25% allocation for Lords may be spent on Heroes instead.
The aim is to conquor territory and each peice of territory gives a certain benefit and all players start with two peices generated on a D66. I rolled two of the same number (I don't want to know the odds of that!) and to cut a long story short I can use 200 more points of my allowance on magic items. My opponent is able to re-roll first turn roll off and take an extra 100pts of troops and a bloody Lord! To that end my build is as follows:Master
: Full mundane, Sword of Striking, potion of strength (At least a good round against a nurgle character, that -1 to hit is a biatch), enchanted shield and luckstone.Sorceress
: Tome and Ruby Ring. I want Word of Pain to throw at his warriors and having a fire ball could help with chaff.5 Dark Riders
, Musician. Charge redirectors, RXBs could help with chaff.20 Executioners
: FC, Banner of swiftness. Get them into combat ASAP as they will hurt pretty much anything.20 Dreadspears
: FC, Gleaming Pennant. Hopefully they can hold something up.10 Dark shards
, shields: Sorc bunker
I can't take RBT and execs together or Doomfires. The stuff I have is what I have painted up so far. I've got Corsairs, Welfs, CoKs, CoC and a Pegasus still to paint as well as some mounted lords and sorc models.
Any advice would be much appreciated!