Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
P&M Token/counters competition 
Malekith's Best Friend

I was looking around for some new gaming tokens when I thought...Hmmm.. Why not turn it into a P&M challenge?
The goal is to make a set of tokens, however you want them. It seems simple and light-hearted so it can easily be combined with the 6-month painting challenge, or follow suit as a fun breather in between painting jobs :)

Perhaps the rules could state a set of counters? I was thinking of these:
- 3 Charge counters, to denote which units declared a charge
- 3 Flee counters, to denote which units are fleeing
- 2 Rally counters, handy to keep in mind during movement which units just rallied
- 6 Wound tokens, bonus points if you make more but specific for characters/monsters/chariots.
Something along those lines anyhow!

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Malekith's Personal Guard

I was thinking the same for a long time already !
I'm in !

I am even making some tokens for my first tournament for my opponents in case I win (sacrificed enemy) or lose (enslaved dark elf)

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:13 pm
Beastmaster

Great idea, sounds like fun. What about tokens for fear, terror, stubborn, poison, immune to psychology etc
I made fear tokens using some spiders (not the big goblin one) but couldn't think of a way to represent the others.
So what would anyone else suggest for those?

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:11 am
Assassin

[quote="CitizenKhaine"]Great idea, sounds like fun. What about tokens for fear, terror, stubborn, poison, immune to psychology etc
That would mean a nasty amount of things lying on the table, getting in the way. However, I guy I met some time ago was putting a card next to each of his units. All stats and special rules were written there and I think there was some room for a picture as well. It was really helpful and looked quite cool. :)

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:33 am
Malekith's Best Friend

It could be interesting to keep a token for a failed fear test, but considering it lasts only a single combat round I'm not sure I'd bother with the management of the token itself. I might be tempted to try tokens for fleeing units, rallied units and other mundane effects which influence a subsequent phase of the game.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]