WANTED:spearmen shields! old-style, without arms attached...

Buy, Sell or Trade your models here...

Moderators: xFallenx, cultofkhaine, The Dread Knights

toots
Beastmaster

WANTED:spearmen shields! old-style, without arms attached...

Post by toots »

hi guys,

know the ones i'm talking about? just the shields, need 35 ideally, 30 would do though i think. the simple 'V' shape ones from the older spearmen/warriors/crossbows regiment set. PM me with a price if you do.

thanks,

toots
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: WANTED:spearmen shields! old-style, without arms attache

Post by Daeron »

Bloody hell! I'm begging and posting around to get them too! In fact, I've been tempted to find a replacement due to the lack of them. If I find something interesting, I'll be sure to let you know.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

lol, there are plenty of the old circular goblin shields on eBay!!
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I was hoping for something a bit more stylish. :D
We may be dark, but we're still elves. I'm struggling to find good replacements though. It's quite worrying. I'm almost tempted to go butcher some arms and use the shieldpacks with arms attached.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

How about using an existing one as a template for cutting one out of a piece of plasticard? That should give you the basic shape of it, though it would be flat, though this can easily be fixed by gently heating the part with a hairdryer and then holding it against something cylindrical, such as a piece of dowel ot a fat pen or something like that. Since the shields are smooth anyway, this method should be just fine - you could always stick on some of the decorative items if you want them.

Of course that won't give you the textured back side of the shield but in most cases you won't really see that when it's on the model anyway.

Alternatively, I guess you could always make a simple mould from green stuff using an existing shields then use that to cast a few spares from resin. I'm not sure about the legal position on doing that, but if you're just doing it for yourself (ie. not selling them), and considering that the item is no longer available anyway, I don't think that'll be a real issue...

Just a thought.

To be honest, cutting them from plasticard is likely to be a lot less hassle than casting them anyway - and cheaper too, as casting tends to waste a lot of resin anyway, which is expensive. Where casting becomes a better option is if you want to make shields that already have the decorations on them, in which case you would apply the decoration to an existing shield before you make the mould. I'm pretty sure you'll be OK legally doing this on a small scale - indeed White Dwarf had an article on how to do this some years ago...

Failing that, you might want to check ebay. A quick look there showed up several DE shield sprues on sale, though even GW would wince at the prices they're asking...
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever