One more thing that bugs me.

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

One more thing that bugs me.

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

As with many, AoS did not drop well in my gaming group.
There is just one thing tho that has also started bugging me...
Why go through the lenght of creating Faction, Race and Culture Names if they dont mean that much?
Acording to most of our Keywords we are Order Aelf Exiles... Yet of all the abilities they only affect Exiles. Its the same with the other races. So why the trouble?
From what i can gather there isnt even anything stopping me from fielding a DragonLord covered by a Hellcannon and a Casket of Souls.

Or am I missing something?
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: One more thing that bugs me.

Post by Daeron »

You present us a fact and ask the meaning of it :) Well I can but guess. My guess is that they want to let you field anything you want but also want to create synergy between units of a same faction/race/group. It's not the most impressive method to do it, but hey.. You want to field an allied force of chaos and dark elves, like the one that invaded Ulthuan, then go ahead.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Mmh... I realize tgat it comes across abit Ranty xD but when I heard all Elves wherenow Aelfs. I had hoped for some more racial synergy perhaps :P

Time will tell I guess. But I was also looking for other ppls oppinions on it ;)
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Payce
Executioner

Post by Payce »

There will be other armies, races and units that use the same keywords eventually. When the other Order races gets their books, don't be surprised to see abilities and units that affects our keywords. The game is still far too fresh to make any judgement on the depth, since most of that depth is still unreleased.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I think Exiles apply specifically to us. It is probably designed to do is to reward specific armies, without enforcing them. In WFB you had to stick to 1 army book. In AoS you don't, but you get a small reward for doing it, or a small penalty for not doing it.

Future models may focus on synergies with all Aelfs. That is something to watch out for as it could enrich our army, considerably.

And it also shows a business plan: such generic elves with their synergy would be a rich addition to our armies while the opposite is less so. It could imply a gradual phase out of our current army as it is.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze