120 Wound Battle vs Skaven

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

CAPTAINxDEE
Slave (off the Altar)

120 Wound Battle vs Skaven

Post by CAPTAINxDEE »

Tomorrow I'm doing a 120 wound battle with a friend of mine coming into town for the weekend. He has more experience than I do with Warhammer fantasy and 40k but I've been playing once or twice a week for the past while now so I think I'm learning my army well. That being said, doesn't mean I will perform well. As I have never faced Skaven so I do not know what tactics to use. But I will be careful yet relentless. I'll report back here with my results sometime this weekend. Here is my list. Wish me luck!

Malekith
Morathi
Dreadlord on a Cold One(Or just a regular Dreadlord since I love his command ability. But I'll probably just use Orgy of Slaughter)
Cauldron of Blood(Hellebron)
3x Witch Elves(15)
1x Har Ganeth Executioners(16)
2x Black Guard(16)
2x Reaper Bolt Thrower
1x War Hydra
1x Cold One Knights(5)
Phox532
Executioner

Re: 120 Wound Battle vs Skaven

Post by Phox532 »

This is close to my 80 wound Army I have planned. I am using the Exile War Host though and not the Cult of Khainite synergy.

I think what I would do is deploy, BG and EXE, CoB ,WE ,COK on the front and have Malekith Morathi, RBT in the back. Depending on terrain I'd want them to start pretty tight knit. Then I think you would want him to move first if possible, I say this cause I think you want the charge. But I once you get in there your going to rain hell. Those Exe are going to rip his units apart and with you Helebrone its only going to get better.

The only change I would make is take out Morathi an replace here with a Death Hag for your Witchelves and then they are going to turn into a crazy mad force to go along with your exes. then use you BG and COK to hold the flanks and rain down pain with the RTB.

I'm looking forward to reading your Battle Report.
Phox Jorkarzul
CAPTAINxDEE
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by CAPTAINxDEE »

Phox532 wrote:This is close to my 80 wound Army I have planned. I am using the Exile War Host though and not the Cult of Khainite synergy.

I think what I would do is deploy, BG and EXE, CoB ,WE ,COK on the front and have Malekith Morathi, RBT in the back. Depending on terrain I'd want them to start pretty tight knit. Then I think you would want him to move first if possible, I say this cause I think you want the charge. But I once you get in there your going to rain hell. Those Exe are going to rip his units apart and with you Helebrone its only going to get better.

The only change I would make is take out Morathi an replace here with a Death Hag for your Witchelves and then they are going to turn into a crazy mad force to go along with your exes. then use you BG and COK to hold the flanks and rain down pain with the RTB.

I'm looking forward to reading your Battle Report.

The CoB is considered a death hag and I usually keep my 3 squads pretty tight near the cauldron. They move practically at the same pace so it's not hard. But yeah I'll be using the 2 squads of BGs and the COK to control flanks for sure. Have to remember that I'm facing Skaven. There are going to be lots of models. Also he has warplock Jezzails. Those things are terrifying. 30" range, 1 atk, 4 to hit, 3 to wound, -2 rend! and 2 damage. If they dont move they re-roll 1 to hit, and hits of 6's are like Executioners, 2 mortal wounds. Sure it's 2 wounds a model but feels like range Executioners haha.
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Okay sounds good. Yea I know that Skaven are model heavy, it is one of the things I'm looking at with my army vs them and lizardmen. I went with more of a range attack force with 20 Dark shards and two ranks of Dark riders.
That said... I think that you could possibly group your COK with Morathi and try to get behind the lines to kill of the Jezzails. They each have decent move an could be able to get behind and flank. You could also more you BG with Malekith in the middle and try to super tank. Using his AoE every turn trying to break down his ranks and use the Exes and WE on the edges to mass damage.

If you had them you could also look at Doomfire warlocks over COK. They could get behind lines and if you had 10+ they could cause some major havoc in rear.
Phox Jorkarzul