List?

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Phox532
Executioner

List?

Post by Phox532 »

So have we started to build list for match play yet? I wondering what everyone is building to get the most bang for their buck. I have created two near 1000pt lists.
Thrall Warhost:
20:Bleakswords
10:DarkShards
3:Socressoress
10:blackGraurd
10:Executions
Thrall Warhost: 80pts

The total it right at 1,000pts with 53 models. I don't think is that bad, but I am wondering because of the new three rules of one is it even worth bringing multiple casters. Here is the second:
Ebon Drake:
1: Warhydra
1:Dreadlord on Dragon
1:Drakespawn Chariot
5:Drakespawn Knights
5:Drakespawn Knights
Ebondrake Scroll: 60pts

This is a bit over but it is 1,080pts. I think that while it could be fun to play with I am doubting how useful Edondrake is as a formation unless you are playing 1500+ games. I mean it could cause some damage, but at only 13 models I think you could get overwhelmed and not be able to achieve objectives.
Phox Jorkarzul
Catrine
Trainee Warrior

Re: List?

Post by Catrine »

I've been playing with that Ebonhost list (mostly cos I don't have enough battleline units for anything else) it is fun, and looks great, but the dragon is the only really good unit in there (though, in fairness, it is really good) everything else barring the Hydra is a little fragile.
That said I have had decent success in just spearing forwards and taking out key enemy units quickly before they become a problem, the units are fast, you just have to play a little smart. Definitely something that would work better as part of a larger list though, and the chariot is more or less dead weight.
Phox532
Executioner

Re: List?

Post by Phox532 »

I agree with the Charoit it has been pretty much useless in every battle I have taken it into except one where I fought night goblins, then it kill a unit of 15 in one round. Since then nothing....
Phox Jorkarzul