Opponents

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Opponents

Post by Dark Alliance »

What quirky nuances ( characteristics sureal in case you're wondering, sorry baldrick, ;) ) do you find the most irritating in your opponents.

I have a couple

1. The guy who has to question EVERY rule, especially when something is not going his way, but conveniently forgets it when it suits.

2. The guy who sits there continually rolling dice on the table edge, as a habit, while you are carrying out your movement or thinking.

3. The guy who absolutely must win, no matter what
Quasekomiki
Highborn

Post by Quasekomiki »

What I really hate is the guy that, every time we play, has to start writing his army list when I arrive at his place, when he arrives at my (or somebody else's) place.

All other players will have lists ready, he delays the battle at least for an hour :evil:

And afterwards I 'm the one who has to explain to my girlfriend why it is that the game took so long...
If you must choose between two evils,
pick the one you've never tried before
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Well, just start without him next time...

One guy (Empire player) in our group has an annoying tendency to comment EVERYTHING with the word "albern" - which translates to "absurd" (among like 20 other words) in english and is meant in several ways, most often describing something completely overpowered or ridiculously lucky (like rolling 5 4's out of 9 dice ;)) or the opposite thereof.

Bye
Thanee
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

well i think i got a problem most here don't:

when the opponent is more obsessed with looking down my cleavage every single time i lean over the darn table to move something! :twisted:

opponents that really breaks the WYSIWYG rule! (oh that unit of swordsmen are greatswords, that unit of swords men are handgunners, but that unit really Is swordsmen.) :evil:

someone who constantly babbles about how he rolled a 6, followed by another 6 and then his opponent failing that 2+ save and ... in another battle that obvisouly was a lot mroe fun then this one.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Linda, are you sure you're not using the cleavage thing as a distraction to take his mind off the game????? ;)

After all, we are only mortal, ......... and male :lol:
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Linda wrote:when the opponent is more obsessed with looking down my cleavage every single time i lean over the darn table to move something! :twisted:

That's just another way to compliment your pretty... eyes... uhm... really! :roll:

Bye
Thanee
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

:shock: who me? *innocent look*
Quasekomiki
Highborn

Post by Quasekomiki »

Linda wrote:when the opponent is more obsessed with looking down my cleavage every single time i lean over the darn table to move something! :twisted:

Hey! Why didn't you post this on the 'psychological warfare' thread? Next game I'm asking my girlfriend to do the fig-moving for me. :twisted:
If you must choose between two evils,
pick the one you've never tried before

Post by Guest »

Linda wrote::shock: who me? *innocent look*

I'm fairly certain my GF will use that to her advantage, once I get her to play. ;)
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

erg, that last post was me. :x
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?