Got my first unit of Night Gobbos today!

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

I am seriously considering dropping my Skaven for the Orcs, since I am a greenskin at heart (my name says it all), and I want a horde army that wins in combat, not shooting into it... :roll:

One question...

Is there any point in taking regular Goblins over Night Goblins, other than the LD6? Night Goblins just seem like the superior choice in just about every fashion, considering all their neat toys.

What say you?

Post by Guest »

Yes, the Shiny Baubles are great. No, I wouldn't use stupid, expensive Trolls as a screen when I could use smart, cheap Goblins. Kill those grots! :twisted: Actually, I really like a lot of the Orc magic items. Why is it that this race of freaking primitives has so much better magic than us?!

Regular Goblins make better infantry, as they have higher LD and better armor. Night Goblins are, IMO, best used as launch bays for Fanatics. However, a Fanatic is a very good thing to have!
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

I didn't realize Goblins had better armor than Night Goblins. Thank you.
Barondesade
Noble

Post by Barondesade »

Yes, (the above post was me, too). Goblins can have light armor, HW and shield. Night Gobbos don't have armor.
"When an attack is ordered the men must never be allowed to get the feeling that their casualties have been calculated in advance according to the laws of probablility" -Field Marshall Irwin Rommel

Baron DeSade
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

No, I wouldn't use stupid, expensive Trolls as a screen when I could use smart, cheap Goblins.

Have you ever tried it? There is more point to the troll screen than just a screen...

Regular gobbos are actually quite good units with shields, spears, and light armour.

Night goblins have nets and fanatics, and hate dwarfs. They can be best used as cheap screeners, and deterents more than anything. The netters actually work surprisingly well considering their points cost to protect you against being charged. As it says, you never know what a night goblin is hiding in his robes...

Both units seem to run when facing tough adversary, however, and cannot be left alone to mind their own business on the most part.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Barondesade
Noble

Post by Barondesade »

I only fought against Trolls once. Despite their regeneration, my rxb's made hash of them, leaving only one, who wandered off by himself, blundering into a forest, and was never seen again.

So, I just sort of have a bad opinion of them.
"When an attack is ordered the men must never be allowed to get the feeling that their casualties have been calculated in advance according to the laws of probablility" -Field Marshall Irwin Rommel

Baron DeSade
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Yah, anything can happen...

That's the good thing about Orcs and Goblins, there are many options to many problems. Its one of the few armies I think you can buy where a cohesive 2000 point list is effective against all armies. And your friend can have another just as effective list that looks completely different.

I liked being able to buy lots of cheap plastic and make a army that I like without having to own every model available like I do for the DE, because we both know that in order to play against one army may require a completely different list verses another.

Really consider the goblin chariots they rock, plus 2 for 1.

Also IMHO spear chukkas are better than rock lobbers. They can take out nasty monsters easier as well. All in all tho, O&G artillery is more humourous than devastating.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."