Army Builder, Enchanted Shield missing?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Columind
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Portugal - the country everybody thinks belongs to Spain...arg

Army Builder, Enchanted Shield missing?

Post by Columind »

After my lastest update of Army Builder v2.2c, dated from April 8th (Warhammer Fantasy 6th ed.) the option to buy the enchanted shield for my characters as dissapeared...can anyone tell me why this is and if you have a similar problem??
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

No similar problem here...are you sure you didn't give your characters mundane shields first?

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Sanol
Warrior

Post by Sanol »

where can i get this armybuilder?
http://www.worldoflotrrpg.tk/ check it out a RPG based on lotr.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

At www.wolflair.com, for $30 or $40 US depending on what format (I think). It's definetely worth it, though.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Bloodtemplar
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Army Builder, Enchanted Shield missing?

Post by Bloodtemplar »

Columind wrote:After my lastest update of Army Builder v2.2c, dated from April 8th (Warhammer Fantasy 6th ed.) the option to buy the enchanted shield for my characters as dissapeared...can anyone tell me why this is and if you have a similar problem??

Please, anyone ever describing a problem with Army Builder, also include the version number of the data files you are using. It is as equally relevant as the the Army Builder version.

Currently the latest official files for Warhammer are in version 18.7 and latest beta files at 18.8. Neither of these should include the problem with Enchanted Shield so chances are the problem is user-related.
Metal for miniatures - plastic for toys.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Or are you looking at the ogre kingdoms list...? They don't get the enchanted shield.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Scourge of ulthuan
Dark Rider

Post by Scourge of ulthuan »

Why dont you just use www.thegreatuncleanone.com instead? Its free, and I have never had any problems with it. It's also updated regularly, and all Warhammer races are included.
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Enchanted Shield's there for me. Although you might of added a normal shield and then looked for Enchanted Shield.

And Ogres don't get nice, tasty, 10 Points Magical Shield? Good! :twisted:

Great Unclean One isn't as good, you can't alter things, it doesn't give a short discription, and it updates the same as Army Builder. Army Builder's also a better option because there's all the different veriant lists (as far as I know, Great Unclean One doesn't have all of them).
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

Hmm, I am trying to think of a way of blogging my army builder here. Ummm, how about this.

Hmm, the army builder that I use doesn't have that problem, I think that you should change army builders, the guy at www.khemri.co.uk made a really nice one, I think you should give it a go :)

Now to say something even more related to the topic to make sure I dont get done for spamming

I dont use either of those, what are the interfaces like?

How was that?
Hali
Grand Executioner

Post by Hali »

Go get the updates to 2.2c my army builder works fine with all the relevant items etc. Just click locate file when the initila menu comes up.
Columind
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Columind »

I don't have either a mundane shield selected nor am I stupid enough to be reading the OK list...:|
My version is 2.2c and my files are v.18.7...I really don't understand...I haven't changed anything and since I downloaded the latest files it dissapeared...anyone with a theory other than "maybe you don't know about the rules and you have never chosen to buy an enchanted shield before and therefore don't know how to buy it"? :P
Columind
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Columind »

Strange...I downloaded the file again and now the enchanted shield is back!!Weird...the last download must have been interrupted or had some kind of error or something...thanks for the help though! ;)
Kramandire
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kramandire »

Scourge of Ulthuan (and o wrote:Why dont you just use www.thegreatuncleanone.com instead? Its free, and I have never had any problems with it. It's also updated regularly, and all Warhammer races are included.

Only works with IE 6.0. not FireFox or Safari
Death before dishonor.
Anarchistica
Corsair

Post by Anarchistica »

I cheated. I fethed up the code on the Enchanted Shield and when i noticed i quickly fixed it and uploaded it again. ;)
WFB 7th edition Army Builder 2 Datafile Manager

Latest updates here (new link)