Trip to London in November

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Trip to London in November

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I'm taking a business trip to London in November. I'll be arriving on the morning of Friday the 9th and will be flying back out the morning of Tuesday the 13th. I really only have to be in town for two days (Sunday the 11th and Monday the 12th) but I am coming a little bit earlier to get acclimated to the 8-hour change in time zones.

I haven't decided yet if I am going to pack an army (if I do, you can expect it to be very elite to keep the model-count down), but I am going to have some time to kill on Friday and Saturday and should have Monday night free as well.

Any gaming groups meeting on Friday or Saturday to tempt to me pack an army? Or anyone up for a casual game one of those 2 days? Alternatively, I could just go out and throw down few pints. ;)
Truly These are the End Times ...
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

British pints >> American pints. Enjoy! I love London. (But I'm not there or from there, so this is just a "hurrah for your trip!" comment).
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:dggrj is correct
Woot! If it's only ever said once, I couldn't ask for a better person to say it.
Zeb
Noble

Post by Zeb »

I'm always up for a pint or two. My armies are still in Sweden though, so no gaming possible from me.
"We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
Always a little further; it may be
Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
Across that angry or glimmering sea ..."
from 'Hassan' by James E. Flecker
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I'm just back from London myself last night. You should definitely visit the Orc's Nest while you're there. Their range of house miniatures have a really nice rough charm to them and they've got a decent selection of lesser-known manufacturers too.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Thanks -- I looked up the address on Google maps and I'll have to stop by. I'm staying in Central London, so I should be able to walk there no problem.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

It can be a bit tricky to find, took me quite a while this time since I forgot to take the streetnames with me.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

It is on a bit of a side road and normally has a couple of market stalls selling terrible t-shirts outside
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

hi,
don't know if you've left already, but theres a nice little GW on the 2nd floor in the 'Plaza' shopping centre on Tottemham court road. Theres some ok places to eat up on the 3rd floor too, so its worth doing a pit stop in the centre anyways ie theres places that won't cost a morgage and cater for most palettes ;) If I remember correctly at the front of the centre theres a sports shop (jjb?), so look for the big Virgins mega store and you''ll be pretty close! Whenever I've been there they've had a game or two on so pop in. enjoy the grimey town, and NEVER carry your wallet in your back pocket :!: