What pets do you have?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

What pets do you have?

Post by Kinslayer »

My thread on my new snake seems to have sparked a lot more interest than I expected and it got me wondering what the rest of you have in the way of pets? Personally I am down to 3 mice and a Python now, though in the past I've had rabbits, hamsters, more mice and cats. I spend a lot of time at my girlfriends where there is a cat and a dog, so I pretty much count them as mine too :roll:
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I have a dog. Well, my mom has it, but I consider it mine as well, since we got it while I still lived here. A dwarf-poodle. It's the second we've got at my mothers, and they are great. Rich on personality, and always playful or up for a good scratching on the belly.
At my dads, we've got a crossbreed. Half Old-English Sheepdog, half Sct. Bernard. Before that he had a half Sct. Bernarn, half Grand Danoise. My dad likes big dogs, even though now he seems to grow a bit tired of wrestling with them and things like that.

I love dogs.
Vallorn deathblade
Noble

Post by Vallorn deathblade »

I have two dogs (springer spanial golden lab cross and springer spanial black lab cross)
I also keep 4 ferrets and 2 rats... I guess you could say i like animals.
:lol:
Belial. wrote:Fighting Eldacar over fluff is like fighting Socrates over philosophy...

Alkkrision wrote:-Alkkrision: Druchii.net's own source of bad ideas :).
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

1 dog (Jack Russel Terrier): warm welcome anytime I get home. Who needs snakes's love when you can get a dog's?
2 horses (1 retired): they keep the children busy. I never allowed them in the flat. Actually they are my wife's.

I supposed you did not considered harpies, hydraes and the like?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

A dog named Benson. He puts the "mans best friend" into "mans best friend".

Half Maltese Shitzu and Scottish Terrier.

Dogs>Cats
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I used to have a great dog, she lived to 17 years old! I can't really say what type she was, but it was half poodle-half whatever poodle met one night when she got out. The pups sure didn't look like poodles though...

We got a new dog (okay, 3 years) that is really smart and energetic. Loyal too, she follows us around the house and wont run away even if we leave the door open. This is another adopted pet, so we aren't sure of her breed, although it certainly looks German Shepard.

Also, my girlfriend and I have a kiwi plant. It's weird, I know, but Kiwi plants in Canada are hard to keep alive. we're also going to get a hedgehog and a shitzu when we move in together.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

I've a cat, about seven years old now. She's hilarious, bit too fat though.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I also have a cat named Bella. She is very fat and just likes lying down in one spot all day and then get really frisky at night and doesn't want to come back in till the next morning. She is a barrel of laughs epsecially when she starts slipping and sliding on the floorboards running away from the vacuum cleaner used by a mysterious someone ;) . Or when she suddenly decides that falling in the pool is a very good idea :roll: .
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

I have an 18 year old cat, although it looks like she is on her last legs. Plus another 12 year cat and two king charles cocker spanials or whatever they are called.
Lextalionis
Shade
WS:5 S:2 T:4 D:5 I:3
Basic Stealth. Stealth. Precision Shot. Rapid Fire. Acrobatics
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

I have a 2 year old Great Dane. His name is Milo and he is about 145 pounds, but not fat at all. Here is a picture of him from last Christmas when he was about 1.
As you can see, when you sit on the couch his face is about level with yours, which can sometimes make him a bit annoying. I also have a fat cat named Caesar, though he acts more like a dog than a cat. He'll come when I call him, knows what the word "No" means, and I can get him to jump up to pet himself on my hand.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

I have two russian-dwarf-hamsters (small grey hamster species) of wich one is an albino, I used to have two cats and after those two other dwarf hamster.
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

no one wrote:I have two russian-dwarf-hamsters (small grey hamster species) of wich one is an albino, I used to have two cats and after those two other dwarf hamster.

My sister had a russian dwarf a few years back, I had a chinese dwarf. They're funny, but if you've seen the size of the males balls you'd be jelous (they were bigger than his head) :shock:
Seralkith
Beastmaster

Post by Seralkith »

I've two Black Labs one is 4 years old and the other is 4 months and a fat 8 year old yellow tabby. Here's a picture of the puppy Emery about a month and a half ago.

She's eventually going to leave us once she's about a year old to go into training to become a seeing eye dog for the blind.
Diederikiii
Shade

Post by Diederikiii »

I have 2 cats, but mostly of the time I think I own more cause the cats of our neighbours are always around the back door.

The female (the mother), "Pluschke" translated it would be something like fluffy I suppose.

The lil male (The son), "Pascal"

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

i have two female cats, one a black female and the other a runtish ginger female (and ginger females are exceedingly rare, she is also currently dozing in the sunshine behing me on my bed, or should i say her bed)
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Oscar1492
Dark Rider

Post by Oscar1492 »

i have 1 dog thats a rack russel cross fox terrier and a eastern rosella that is as vicious as hell and will attack all who come near it.

this bird is so evil that when i let him out of the cage i have to wear gloves shoes a long sleeve shirt and pants or he'll take a chunk out of whatever part of flesh is still exposed
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Loki wrote:I have a 2 year old Great Dane. His name is Milo

Looks just like my girlfriends great dane, Zeus :lol:

Then again all GDs look pretty much the same
Animatronicdemonskwerral
Beastmaster

Post by Animatronicdemonskwerral »

I've got squirrels. It started with one raiding the bird feeder, so i left some food out for him. Then word of mouth built up and now I get over 10 squirrels coming by in the morning. They're pretty tame. Most can be hand fed now.

Gray Squirrels
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1418 ... l49oi9.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9749/0001133au1.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/746/0001074tl9.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8932/0000816lv5.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4953/36718784co2.jpg

FLYING Squirrel
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8602/0001128pu0.jpg
THR/////////\\\\\\\\\\ZZZZZZZHHHHHHH TILLL D////\\\\////\\\THHHHHHHH
Dannyfave
Shade

Post by Dannyfave »

Does my son count?

I have two basset hounds both are about 5 years old.
AKA Dannyfave, I just don't know if I could change my name here.
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Two budgies and a Gronk (my daughter ;)).
I 'd like to have a dog around, but don't have the time for it.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Post by The buoyancy of water »

In the family we have: four dogs, two cats and a horse... The newest addition is the Burmese Mountain Dog puppy. He's 16 weeks old and already bigger then our 6 year old collie!! Over the years we've had a rabbit, three guinea pigs, another two dogs, another horse and two hamsters who had babies but then one of the parents died before the other chewed it's own foot off and ate the eight babies before dying itself :shock:

We like pets in our family...

Cheers,
Dave

P.S. Dogs are definately better than cats :D
Lenya Talos

WS: 4
S: 3
T: 2
D: 4
I: 5

Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Small Brass Ring. 5 Gold

Skills: Basic Stealth.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Zanza, my cat. Independant, always friendly, doesn't need walking. Cats ftw. :lol:
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Johnthedrow
Cold One Knight

Post by Johnthedrow »

Right now I only have a canary and here it is, playing invisible beside my Koran http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/JohnTheDrow/External%20Stuff/DSC01825.jpg
But my room has hosted enough animals like my cat, a parrot, 2 squirrels, a hamster and a fish. The funny thing is that I'm sceptical towards buying a living creature and never bought one myself but I adopted all the above after their original owners were "bored" with them, or not able to keep them anymore. The only exception was my cat, Kiaransalee, that I found as a lost baby and I took it in out of pity. I miss her really though I guess she wouldn't be great friend with the canary :P

CatPix:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/JohnTheDrow/Kiaransalee/SleepingBeauty.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/JohnTheDrow/Kiaransalee/1stever.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/JohnTheDrow/Kiaransalee/KiarBaby1.jpg

PS: edited as to avoid more BlackGuard confusion :lol:
Last edited by Johnthedrow on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to be who I was when I wanted to be who I am...
Minis here
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

I have a Russian Blue cat named Anya. Friendliest, nicest cat I ever met. She has no cat rules, and she loves water. She spends most of her time sitting on my lap. I had to set up a cat bed next to my painting station so she would stop trying to sit on my lap while I am painting.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Stupid me - I looked in vain for a converted Black Guard on the picture till I figured out what you meant. :D