Real Life Upheaval

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Real Life Upheaval

Post by Dyvim tvar »

As some may have noticed, I've been absent from the site since early March. I was having a lot of real-life, work-related stress at the time. It wasn't that things were too busy, but quite the opposite. I've been used to working long hours, but things started really slowing down in December of last year, and by March, I was having some serious concerns about my job situation. Turns out I had good reason to be worried since I was laid off in late April.

After lots of thought and discussion with my wife, we decided it was a good time to pick up and move. We put our house her in San Francisco on the market, got a buyer really quickly, and we're moving the family to Indianapolis, Indiana in the middle of July.

Needless to say, I had a lot on my mind other than Warhammer, but since we got a buyer for the house, a lot of the stress has been relieved. I went to the Quake City Rumble tournament last weekend and had a great time (played Lizards though, not Dark Elves). And I have been doing a bit of web-based recon in the past few days to locate some gaming groups in the Indianapolis area (anyone on this site from Indy?). I'm already in contact with a couple people and should be able to get hooked up for my Warhammer fix fairly quickly.

I'm both excited and wary about 8th Edition Warhammer. I do have a bunch of stuff on pre-order from GW. Had to get express shipping so that it comes before I actually move. I am especially intrigued by the magic phase changes. I still have a lot of stuff to do related to the move, and don't think I'll be a heavy contributor to the site, but once it's over, maybe I can update my magic phase tactica for 8th edition after getting some games under my belt.

Anyway, just wanted to let people know I'm back, and I hope that everyone else has had a less eventful past few months than I have.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Nice to hear from you, pal!
Looking forwards to reading your very helpful analysis.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

I faced a similar situation over Christmas and although i came through unscathed in the end It was truly terrible and not to be repeated!

Good to hear you are turning back to more trivial matters. It took me a while too but Im sure you will be fine.
Mayordaley
Warrior

Post by Mayordaley »

Real life sucks. I just started my own company, and it is super stressful... oh well. I'm up in Chicago, and if you are ever planning a trip to the Chicago Battle Bunker; shoot me a PM. We can get a game or two in. Good luck with your move.

Cheers, Max
Sucess isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal. -Da Coach-
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Thanks to all for the words of support. I think it will all turn out for the best. I have lots of family in Indiana and none here in San Francisco, and it's a LOT cheaper to live back there.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

I wish the best for you Dyvim. Hope everything goes well. It had crossed my mind a couple times as to where you had gone.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

All the best mate. I got made redundant from my last job just over a year ago. It was a real shock. Once I'd got back on my feet though I was actually in a better position than I was in before. Sounds like you've pretty much got yourself sorted now too. Good luck with the move!
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

Post by Lazarus »

Just came across this thread....
Good luck to you and your new adventure, I would point out that the sculptor of some of the best dark elves, Chris Fitzpatrick lives in that area and bases Crocodile Games from there....would be very worth looking into I think. Again good luck, hope we see more from you soon.
I've been to Middenheim,
I've been to Ulthuan,
I've been to Cathay too,
So what, so what
so what so what you boney little f***
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

Welcome back! I too was gone for a while but that was 'cause it was my last semester in uni and i needed to get my act together (pulled it off in the end!).

8th is pretty cool, big changes allround mean that, for now atleast, armies have had a real re-shuffle and are a lot closer together in terms of power level and some of the weaker armies have really benefited from the changes. Dark Elves are still filth though. ;)
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

I hope things are good. 8th has put me off so i am now a WM/H player.

Glad to see things have inproved life and stress are the same thing.
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Hey DT, good to see you back. :)

Hope all pans out with the move, and hope you enjoy LZ. They're pretty effin' boss. ;)