Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Post by Daeron »

From Warhammer TV...
My guess is they want to add flanks and ranks.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Post by Daeron »

I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Oddly enough, the way they deep strike that drop pod in the video is actually more-or-less how it worked in Epic once upon a time...
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Duckman5
Corsair

Post by Duckman5 »

So fantasy gets scrapped for being too complex and becomes 40K-esque, and now they're turning 40K into a tactical style game a la old fantasy?
:?: :? :?:
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

But Duckman.. The possibilities are endless. Round bases brought much needed liberty to fantasy and square bases will bring 40K the flanks it always craved.
The video explains the rest :D

- The stiff breeze
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Shadowspite wrote:Oddly enough, the way they deep strike that drop pod in the video is actually more-or-less how it worked in Epic once upon a time...

Hahahaha. I remember that now. Epic was such a great game :D .

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I'd say it looks silly, but 40k stopped being a sensible game a long long time ago. So why not go with square bases?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

The point is: GW wants you to spend more money.
In order to manage this, the game with square bases gets round ones, and a height increase in minis (from 28 mm to 32 mm)
The game with round bases gets square ones (and I would bet a dramatic units size increase - as in WHFB 8th edition which made larger units stronger and more reliable with steadfast rule).
They ain't getting my money anymore. Definitely.
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

I'm sorry, but the only thing I can think of in relation to this subject, is this Youtube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvoATQ36T7I

'nuff said really...
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Darkprincess wrote:I'm sorry

No you're not :D

- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Wilton wrote:Why are they changing it. What's wrong with the way it is now?
Welcome Wilton to Druchii.net. :)
Be aware that these sort of first post, a single line with a vague sentence which could apply to pretty much any threat, is usually considered as a sign that you are a spam robot, not a real human with genuine intentions of participation.

Could you elaborate a little bit? ;)
Thank you.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Nice video Darkprincess - very funny and hit the mark!
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Wilton wrote:Why are they changing it. What's wrong with the way it is now?

I don't think they are changing it. I think it's a joke :)

- The stiff breeze
Karak Norn Clansman
Beastmaster

Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

No need to worry, just a joke. Circular bases are more aesthetically pleasing, and good looks sell models at the end of the day.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@AlexLambert
Your first post is fine, as it shows that you took care to look at the content and your reply is constructive.
The feeling you give is that you're not a robot testing before spamming.

Look at the difference:
Wilton wrote:
Reed... wrote:I'd say it looks silly, but 40k stopped being a sensible game a long long time ago. So why not try the Bathmate Xtreme square bases?

Why are they changing it. What's wrong with the way it is now?
Not only Wilton never replied to my query, but Wilton's post has since been edited so that a commercial link appears now (I changed the link).
The tactics is to post something innocuous first, then see if the spamming robot gets undetected, then later to edit.
Which "Wilton", or the robot pretending to be him, just did.
Which causes me to delete that account, and all related content.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
mariat
Slave on the Altar

Post by mariat »

Calisson wrote:@AlexLambert
Your first post is fine, as it shows that you took care to look at the content and your reply is constructive.

Look at the difference:
Wilton wrote:
Reed... wrote:I'd say it looks silly, but 40k stopped being a sensible game a long long time ago. So why not try the Bathmate Xtreme square bases?

Why are they changing it. What's wrong with the way it is now?
Not only Wilton never replied to my query, but Wilton's post has since been edited so that a commercial link appears now (I changed the link).
The tactics is to post something innocuous first, then see if the spamming robot gets undetected, then later to edit.
Which "Wilton", or the robot pretending to be him, just did.
Which causes me to delete that account, and all related content.

Hi Calisson

I am new here and while I was reading this thread I noticed that you have replied to @AlexLambert & in this reply (that I have quoted here) you have mentioned how people change the quoted text to post a spammy link, but if you take a closer look at the comment posted by @AlexLambert then you will notice that he has also done the exact same thing. May be, he learned the technique from your reply to him :)
A fitness junky & here is my bodybuilding tips
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

True.
Indeed.
Account deleted, along with the posts.
Thanks.

Note: AlexLambert was possibly a human, not a robot.
If this is the case, I hope that he understand now that this way of doing his business is not profitable. :mrgreen:
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I am kinda curious now though as to what Bathmate Xtreme square bases might look like... ;)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

RaymondSteffen wrote:
Shadowspite wrote:Oddly enough, the way they deep strike that drop pod in the video is actually more-or-less how it worked in Epic once upon a time...

Yeah, you are right. I thought only I noticed this but you also noticed. I look amusing.
The same spammer.
They are getting smart!

:killed:
lanaroady
Slave on the Altar

Post by lanaroady »

@AlexLambert

Look at the difference:
Wilton wrote:
Reed... wrote:I'd say it looks silly, but 40k stopped being a sensible game a long long time ago. So https://www.redadair.com square bases?
[/quote]

These people are balanced with the things you are marked on
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Perhaps lock this thread - these recurrent attempts to spam are getting depressingly feeble.

Don't be a munchkin?

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

RaymondSteffen wrote:
Ming wrote:The point is: GW wants you to spend more money.
In order to manage this, the game with square bases gets round ones, and a height increase in minis (from 28 mm to 32 mm)
The game with round bases gets square ones (and I would bet a dramatic units size increase - as in WHFB 8th edition which made larger units stronger and more reliable with steadfast rule).
They ain't getting my money anymore. Definitely.

Yes really they want us to spend more money but they are not going to earn anything. I am very happy with the previous edition and I am happy with it. I don't want to spend money again and again.

@Red
You're right.
That one was one too many.