9th age minature poll on T9A forum

Discuss the art of war for the Dark Elves and the inferior races that dare to oppose them here.

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

9th age minature poll on T9A forum

Post by Killerk »

Also known as Kanadian
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 9th age minature poll on T9A forum

Post by Killerk »

Just some concept stuff

Also known as Kanadian
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

They look nice but if you would permit me to express my preference: I would give them slightly longer legs and make their grip on the spear a little higher. This should give them a slightly prettier and more disciplined look. Combined with a variety of crest logos that could be placed on the shield these would be nice minis for TKs. Admitted, I would love a little bit more detail... Like armour or something, but I would actually consider buying them as they are, even though I barely have a TK army.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Your work is my command ;).

The legs are fine, just the camera angle is weird. The hand will be mobile, so no worries.

Continuing work....

Last edited by Killerk on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Also known as Kanadian
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Nice work!
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Very impressive. Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

It still needs a little something on the spear arm. Plus the spear needs to be finished up, and lastly he will get a pendant around the neck, as he is champion after all.
Normal skeletons will not have the pendant, and armoured heads, to distinguish him form the others. I'm thinking of adding a sword belt, but don't want to over do it, as it is just a plain core troop skeleton.... maybe just a dagger :).
Also known as Kanadian
The_Peacemaker
Dark Rider

Post by The_Peacemaker »

You should do skeletons for all of the fantasy races.
Skelton elves, skaven, dwarfs, lizards, beastmen etc...

I think there would be alot of demand for that. I do not think there is much demand for tomb king skeletons.

Not sure if you should do one kit with 1 of each race, or do multiple kits for each race. That depends of your manufactoring capabilities.

Also do things like undead horses, lions, demigryphons, bears, etc...

With the multi race kit you can always throw in a few different type of human skeletons. Skelton with tomb king aesthetic, heavy armour tomb king, empire aesthetic, bretonian aethetic, etc...
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Were going to release entire army ranges.
Also known as Kanadian
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

The_Peacemaker wrote:With the multi race kit you can always throw in a few different type of human skeletons. Skelton with tomb king aesthetic, heavy armour tomb king, empire aesthetic, bretonian aethetic, etc...

Although I like the idea, can't this be achieved through conversion? A brettonian breastplate with some skeletal limbs, etc? Different heads with helmets would be a big help though.

I'm curious KillerK. You're going to release entire army races.... is there any date or planning on this available?

- The stiff breeze
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Most every thing is on T9A forum.

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/8139-if-you-could-relesed-models-for-9th-age-what-army-would-you-choose/

According to the vote the first army is going to be UD, then KoE. In old war hammer terms TK and Bret's. Then if we can agree on licences and stuff, get a starter set out with those armies. We have some one slowly working on some VC, but the third army is still not planned out. I guess we will see how the book releases go, and how the kick starters turn out.
Also known as Kanadian
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Just caught up with the thread on T9A forum. Some nice work and ideas.
Will happily share for you on the KoW forum once you are up and running. Plenty of similiar model requirements there too and Mantic don't have a their models only policy like GW did.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It's ambitious, no doubt about it. Good luck!
Personally... I would have built on existing model ranges out there, but then it does make sense to follow the will of the crowd.

- The stiff breeze
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Thx, guys, it really means a lot.

We have considered building upon existing model ranges, but .... Well all of us have a mentality, that if we should do something, make sure it is done right. So we had no choice but to do entire model ranges, and all the armies.
Also known as Kanadian