Question about DE Spellcasters

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Question about DE Spellcasters

Post by Darkprincess »

Hi;

Please forgive me if this question has already been asked, but looking through the 9th Age Dread Elves book, I'm seeing a Cult High Priest, but no mention of this character being a spellcaster. Is this just a regular Lord-level character choice or is it a mage of some description - The way I read it, I would have to choose the Exalted Oracle as a Lord-level spellcaster, which kind of makes the "High Priest" moniker a tad misleading as traditionally, "priests" have usually had an implied spellcasting ability.

Please could someone clarify this please while I attempt to rework my DE CoS list (currently stuck in 6th / Early 7th edition) into something more 9th age compatible?

The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Question about DE Spellcasters

Post by Daeron »

The Priests are Cult leaders, with one for the cult of nabh and one for the cult of Yema. They are lightly armoured (if any) combat ladies. The spellcasters are the Oracles and come in two flavours: Exalted (level3-4) and regular (level 1-2).
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

i really hate the new cult names - what's wrong with blood/lust?! perhaps it's just going to take some getting used to. damn!

Daeron wrote:The Priests are Cult leaders, with one for the cult of nabh and one for the cult of Yema. They are lightly armoured (if any) combat ladies. The spellcasters are the Oracles and come in two flavours: Exalted (level3-4) and regular (level 1-2).
Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Post by Drakken »

They're viewed in a sense as Variants of the Death Hags from the older books; Priests as in Religious Leaders, not wielders of Arcane Arts. There are 2 versions because they seem to want to offer a wider range of choices for Heroes than previous books
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I don't mind the gaming concepts, but the name "nabh" doesn't sound very... cool? :P
Other than that, I think it's nice they designed two levels for these cult leaders.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Daeron wrote:the name "nabh" doesn't sound very... cool?

It sounds naff. I mean that literally. That's how my half-Celtic brain wants to pronounce it. :evil:

IMO, it should be Cult of Murder and Cult of Ecstasy.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Shadowspite wrote:
Daeron wrote:the name "nabh" doesn't sound very... cool?

It sounds naff. I mean that literally. That's how my half-Celtic brain wants to pronounce it. :evil:

IMO, it should be Cult of Murder and Cult of XTC.

+1! :D