Corsairs

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Corsairs

Post by Lord Drakon »

Please share your experiences, synergies and uses of your Corsairs!
Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Re: Corsairs

Post by Drakken »

I'll bite the bullet and jump in first then:

I've been using Corsairs right now as a primary core unit, running two blocks (23 + 17), taking advantage of the obvious synergy between Throwing Weapons, The Dread Fleet Banner, and the Default Spell for +1S. Taking advantage of placement, the BSB goes in the smaller unit and partially hides behind the bigger unit making most charges against it impossible to most things, then both units just shoot the hell out of something with lots of knives. You get loads of shots, you can always stand and shoot for a 2nd round of shots, then your I6 with EHW on the big unit. It gets expensive as a full combo, but its been fairly effective. As a unit, they need something to help a bit, but that's expected for most Core units, and help options are plentiful. For a core unit, I'm having fun with it
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

With the elimination of 'not-Witches' as a viable option - much less a CORE option - Corsairs have replaced them in my armies. The loss of striking power is made up for (marginally) by their resilience.
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

To be honest I find the corsair throwing weapons wyssans/black magic sig combos a bit gimmicky. Not really my cup of tea