Exemplary Battle Reports (6th & 7th ed.)

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Should we keep this stickied thread?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 4

Narathiel
Rudolph's Heir

Exemplary Battle Reports (6th & 7th ed.)

Post by Narathiel »

A Warm Welcome to Everyone

The battle reports forum is the forum for bragging rights, laughing about your opponents mistakes and general enjoyment when reading great pieces of fluff some members contribute.
However, it is also a place to learn new tactics, (ie deployment,character magic items, unit combos) and to criticise the lists which were used and how to improve them.

To increase the quality of the forum and generally make this a rewarding place to visit the following rules and tips should be taken into account and not forgetten.

1. General forum rules

-No Spamming
Spamming is concidered writing only a few words which dont contribute to the topic, have no reasoning behind them etc. e.g good job in winning, nice report...

-no flaming/trolling
yes, this is a place where you can say how bad your opponent was but do refrain from the usage of swearwordsand dont provoke other people in doing so either.

2. Giving constructive critism

As covered, one liners and other spam will be immediately tooken care of, so you ask. But what should I say other than that?
Well here are some things you can/should include in posts replying to a battle report.
-saying how you would improve fluff the writer might have written
-giving tips on what the writer could use next time, to win or increase efficiency (item combos, etc.)
-reassuring a rule that the writer got wrong in the game
-asking why he used "that unit" or "that deployment"
And I'm sure you can think of many others...

Tips:

General Quality increasing of battle reports:

-Begin with a title that is suitable to what the battle was
-Shortly list who played which list and how many points the lists were+ the scenario
-Write a report atleast 3 longer paragraphs long so nothing is unclear and the reader knows what is going on. (if tournament report 1-2paragraphs should be enough)
Include what worked and didn't work for you in the game, as in, the black guard under-performed, maybe this was because........
This site sent to me by Agifem (kudos to him) has a program which makes it very easy to make diagrams of turn by turn batlle reports.
http://marcusbeli.urbenalia.com/AdminWH ... plieng.htm

Optional
If you want to make it to the Exemplary Lists of Druchii.net list or just have plain fun writing these reports feel free to include linked diagrams, pics etc of the report.
If you want you can even make the report into a huge piece of fluff, including the same lists and objectives but instead of saying.
"I rolled 5 impact hits and 3 skinks were killed" you write.
"The chariot thundered into the unit of skinks and a few of them were torn apart by the chariots charge already, ..."

Exemplary Battle Reports of Druchii.net

Here is where the best of the best reports go. To get in here is a great honour indeed, as it is prove of how much work you have done to help this site and this forum.
The below writers should be greatly respected, etc, etc.

Tactical Reports
These reports are not only a great read but also give you lots of tactics you might want to use in future games

Ant's Venom Sword Report

Ant's UKGT Report with Bretonnia

Human's DE vs Lizzies Report

Dyvim's Druchii Tournament Win

500Point Games Tactica by JamesFaz.

MSU Tactics from Jeff Leong

Cardinal Fang's Australian Tourney Report

Xizor's Black Sun Battle Log

WD style report by Xizor

Department of Fluff
Great material for reading, later writing and general enjoyment. A special mention goes to Valorian the Merciless as all his reports are top-notch,

Here is our favourite one featuring Empire vs. Beastmen

Links to the Rest of them gems can be found Here

Ash's Grim Legion Battle Log

WinterQueen's DE vs Asur Novel

Ash's Bretonnian victory

Vorchild's DE against Bretonnia report

Your Battle Report Forum Moderators:
Voodoomaster and Narathiel
Last edited by Narathiel on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

I realise this is a wee bit late, but great work Narth. A very nice little sticky this, very nice indeed.

Ras

edit: only 3 months late Ras, not bad going. :P VM
Pleased to be back
Narathiel
Rudolph's Heir

Post by Narathiel »

Thx for your post Ras.

The following is addressed to any reader:

Please, please, please feel free to post any links to battle reports we might have missed and which really deserve to go into this sticky. Any additional information regarding battle reports and questions can also go here. So if you are looking for a new way to post reports don't be scared to ask the uber moderators who are just normal people :)

cheers
nathy
Yeah, been a long time and I have come across all sort of ****.

but I AM back so there you go-it's official ;)
It seems like the assassin sent out to eliminate me failed.
[insert evil laughter]
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

IMO, this is how this topic should read:

Exemplary Battle Reports of Druchii.net

1. BaronDeSade.

He was (and is) the master of writing battle reports and has been one of the most respected members of Druchii.net for years. Don't think he has posted here recently...a search of his name shows he hasn't posted since May '05.

I can even remember some specific lines from his reports, one of the most memorable ones being from his Clint Eastwood Keeper of Secrets:

***HAVE YOU EVER DANCED WITH THE DEVIL IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT?***

:)

Might be hard to track down some of his work tho, it looks like his snake eyes website is down.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Hajijj: BdS is almost as hated as Furion is around these parts. Don't count on seeing any of his stuff in a hall of fame any time soon. Any one who leaves to go be on the GW forums and advises not taking SDCs for characters doesn't serve anything other then a good hard whack ;)....

Ras
Pleased to be back
Lord hajjij

Post by Lord hajjij »

Interesting. I wasn't aware there was a "falling out"

Still perhaps the Druchii.net community should be the "bigger man" so to speak and put a report from him in this thread.

-Sun Tzu
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I'm too new to know what the deal with Furion was, but I've read one of BaronDeShades more recent articles and wasn't impressed. I think the Magic Numbers theory was better than not giving SDC's to characters.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Lord hajjij

Post by Lord hajjij »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:I'm too new to know what the deal with Furion was, but I've read one of BaronDeShades more recent articles and wasn't impressed. I think the Magic Numbers theory was better than not giving SDC's to characters.

Can someone link me this "no sdc on characters" article?

@Fingol: I'm not sure what article you read, or really what happened between Druchii.net and DeSade, but I've been reading his reports on a variety of websites for 3-4 years and he is certainly worthy of having one of them in this thread, at least IMHO

-Sun Tzu
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

BDS in his article on army selection wrote:Option #3: Mundane Equipment: We already have our magic weapon and armor. A Repeating Crossbow should be taken. A Sea Dragon Cloak is likely unnecessary, as we won’t be shot at much, and our armor save will quickly be a 1+ anyhow (and besides, they are a pain to model.)
Just not really right, but that's just one thing that he does, which a lot of the D.net community would disagree on. There's a topic in Druchii Tactics on one of his articles.

Nice post by the way mods. I'll be sure to look through all of these at some time or another, for reading material and to expand my tactics too.
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OK. First post in this one for a whiles, but I think [url+http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=734351#734351]this one[/url] by Blackfel may be one of the best battle reports of all time.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

I know its a year on, but being a sticky thread I figured this shouldnt be too much of an issue - especially one as subject matter as this thread!

i agree Layne, that was indeed an excellent thread - I'd quite like the rejuvinate this thread here and maybe inspire some new work in the batreps - especially with quality ways of recording and portraying the epic games some of us have through things like Battle Chronicler.

Would it be ok to compile some of the best Batreps out there?
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Following on from Dangerous Beans, I think it'd be nice to keep things here updated with new or additional good material. Keeps everything modern and relevant for both new and old people should they wish to look up material.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Having had to sell almost all of my models following financial issues, I have since managed to re-establish my collection somewhat and so have managed to return to Druchii.net for the time being.

I'll look into an updated version of this thread and shall see try to make things fresh and new! More details to follow...
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Awesome, welcome back Dangerous Beans :D
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman