Hall of Fame Battle Reports of Druchii.net (8th ed.)

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Hall of Fame Battle Reports of Druchii.net (8th ed.)

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Well now, having returned back to Druchii.net for the time being, I thought that it might be good to resurrect this ancient tradition of finding and compiling the great battle reports of Druchii.net since 8th Edition came out! I shall be spending some of my spare time, trawling through our beloved bragging forum/area of practical tactical post game analysis and unearth some of our favourite gems and reports that people have clearly put a lot of time and effort into whether consisting of
- videos
- diagrams of battles/battle chronicler
- written up in clear/funny/first person/fluffy styles
- constructively breaking down and allowing chances for discussion of tactics etc.

If you have any suggestions of Battle Reports you have particularly enjoyed and feel should be in this thread (as long as theyre 8th edition) then please PM me with the link/url address so I can have a look and perhaps add them here!

So, without further ado it gives me great pleasure to name the first battle report to enter the hall of fame as being:

tmarichards' you tube battle reports

CLICK HERE
having posted almost every practise game and tournament experience, as well as break down lessons in army construction and tactics, UK tournament scener Tom Richards has continually presented and discussed each of the prominent games through the medium of video on youtube. If you wish to understand how certain druchii tactics work against particular opponents or are preparing for a tournament - particularly on the competitive UK scene then have a pop over and check the huge number of links!

Drazeel's Invasion of Chrace Campaign VS High Elves
Battles 1-3 can be found HERE
Battle 4 can be found HERE
Drazeel and his friend set out and planned a 6 game linked-campaign where each victory affected the following game. With incredibly detailed Battle Chronicler maps backed up with high quality photographs of the games key moments and well annotated (but not overly wordy/drawn out!) turn by turn accounts, this 5 star effort deserved inclusion in the 8th ed. Battle Reports Hall of Fame! Keep up the great work Drazeel: we want the remaining 2 games in here too...!

More added sooooon...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

In addition to "regular" battle reports, I'd like to highlight a few other threads that are fun to read, which talk about the past battles:

Murphy's unwritten rules of warhammer (some wise philosophy about what not to expect too much)
The "It Doesn't Come Around" thread when your dice rolls are so frighteningly consistent that you know what will happen before you roll.
Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills
Heroic Performances (the inexpected best)
Terrible rolling odds (the inexpected worse)
Worst battles you've ever played (if you lost, see that it could be worse)
How to laugh when things go wrong?
You know you play too much warhammer when...
dead by round 1
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Re: Hall of Fame Battle Reports of Druchii.net (8th ed.)

Post by Marchosias »

Consider please adding:

First, the reports from Cycloptic squirrel. His reports are a good inspiration regarding how to play a dragonlord. And his stories about the 7ed Ring of Hotek are fun, too. !lol!

Second, the reports from Miasma. Apart from commenting quite in depth what he did and why he offers the post-game perspective of his opposing player, too. I especially like the multiple charges he always pulls off.
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Its probably worth pointing out that tmarichard's youtube channel has gone. That's a shame as I thought they were a great resource, but it seems he's gone to the Dark Side (Warmahordes).
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

I'd like to nominate Omnichron's battle reports, especially

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72448

The last great Tournament hurrah for "7th book in 8th" Dark Elves 8)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

T.D. wrote:I'd like to nominate Omnichron's battle reports, especially

:D

Unfortunately it became my last Battle report with our 7th edition book, but even a better reason to make a smashing report with the new one ;)
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

T.D. wrote:I'd like to nominate Omnichron's battle reports, especially

I totally agree with this one !