Video battle reports?

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Razhoir
Slave (off the Altar)

Video battle reports?

Post by Razhoir »

Hi guys,

I roamed around this section of the board and read some BR... I wonder though if you know about these french guys : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF7jH5tf-4k

IMO, their video battle reports are by far the best ever seen. Language barrier may be a problem, but it's still worth it.

I'm currently working on a similar project with a friend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snolX9Lfq3g) and wondered if there were demand on translation. Began working on subtitles earlier, but I'd like to make sure some folks are eager to read them...
Helle
Executioner

Re: Video battle reports?

Post by Helle »

Those reports make me sad I did not pay attention to my French teacher back in school..

Even though I don't get a single word, both of the reports look awesome. Would be great to have the thought process behind the decision-making translated!
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

I liked blue table painting battle reports at the start because they showed dice rolls and moving of the troops, but the more I learned about Warhammer the more I realized they were kinda loose with the rules. I want to watch video reports with tactics and dice rolls, and maybe explanations of the tactics on a voice over, Probably never going to happen but.
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

AemKei81
Trainee Warrior

Post by AemKei81 »

Those reports are great. Although I don't understand most of it they're so enjoyable.
faris
Slave on the Altar

Post by faris »

Yeah, Tomb Kings are not famous for a lot of armor... It's a tricky army to play.
faris
Blackphantom
Shade

Post by Blackphantom »

some ppl just hate french you know. report looks great, but i'm never going to listen to it, except when it's in english.
Razhoir
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Razhoir »

Blackphantom wrote:some ppl just hate french you know. report looks great, but i'm never going to listen to it, except when it's in english.

Especially in Belgium I hear. :D

We're currently working on English subtitles for the latest battle reports. I'll post some updates when it will be ready.
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

Razhoir wrote:
Blackphantom wrote:some ppl just hate french you know. report looks great, but i'm never going to listen to it, except when it's in english.

Especially in Belgium I hear. :D

We're currently working on English subtitles for the latest battle reports. I'll post some updates when it will be ready.

That would be awesome!
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

Sevekai
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevekai »

I watched the DE vs Skaven one. I don't speak any French, but it was still enjoyable. Those armies are beautiful! Are they all GW models? If they are they (you?) did an amazing job with conversions!

What software was used for the animations?
Razhoir
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Razhoir »

Sevekai wrote:I watched the DE vs Skaven one. I don't speak any French, but it was still enjoyable. Those armies are beautiful! Are they all GW models? If they are they (you?) did an amazing job with conversions!

What software was used for the animations?

Hello,
DE vs Skaven is great indeed. I believe most of them are converted from GW (mainly for the DE part). La Guerre au Garage is not my project, but we work with the same tools : Adobe After Effect :)