Depredations of the Sisters of Slaughter

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Depredations of the Sisters of Slaughter

Post by Lord Drakon »

I really enjoyed the depredations of Hydra topic as most members argued that it was not effective anymore shortly after 8th edition. Most of our tactical discussions are based on statistics and theory, but sometimes battle experience shows another light on the subject. My goal is to give Sisters of Slaughter a place in more Druchii lists, so therefore I will keep record of them different than the whole army in my battle reports.

I field 10 sisters with flaming banner (handmaiden + standard bearer) with Bloodwrack Shrine in Shrine of Slaughter formation (as deep as possible to create 3 ranks).

Please add your experienced with the Sisters of Slaughter if you have any

Game 1: Warriors of Chaos
Killed 15 chaos warriors with mark of nurgle + exalted and LVL 2 on the charge combined with Manticore. Next turn they kill a chariot and 5 chaos knights with only 1 casualty in return. They lose 7 by shot from hellcannon and got killed in turn 5 by enemy magic.

Disgraced Cold One Knights of Har Ganeth trown into the Arena's
Cold73
Highborn

Re: Depredations of the Sisters of Slaughter

Post by Cold73 »

REally like your initiative..and will see about fielding Sisters of Slaughter in a game soon.

I will admit i've always liked the sister...I once had a unit of 14 hold up a 4 Demi-Gryphs for 7 Combat Rounds.
(was unable to get Okkam's of, and had no support to send to them since my K-beasts was killed by a cannon in round 1)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

So I just played a Triumph and Treachery game with 5 players, each 1000 point lists, not that exiting but the Sisters saw combat again. I only had 10 of them with full command (180 points), no Shrine. They got the charge in the flank of Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (375 points) with strength 7 and 4+ ward save, in one word a killing machine. They got +1 strength because of T&T card.

15 attacks, hitting on 2 with re-roll, wounding on 4's with re-rolling 1's because of Trial of Blades. They killed both Carnosaur and Oldblood before they could strike ! Again, sisters are incredible, I think that that Saurus Oldblood was the most badass killing machine Lizardmen are capable of bringing to the battlefield, and 10 sisters wiped him on the charge !
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Sad to say that a Carnosaur Oldblood is not the best killing machine. That's one on a Cold One with something like a 1+ reroll/4++.with some sort of mega Killy weapon.

Even then killing bith in one round of combat seems to be a wild statistical anomaly just due to the number of attacks and wounds involved.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Another kill for the Sisters ! They won an combined charge of a Chaos Chariot and Hellcannon by killing the Hellcannon.