Eldrazors descnedents - First Blood

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Xpesj
Slave on the Altar

Eldrazors descnedents - First Blood

Post by Xpesj »

So this weekend i had my first two games. It was against the same army, however two different opponents.

My army:
Dreadlord w HA, SDC, Shield, BDE (2nd game BDE was switched for a Lance and Talisman of preservation)
Solo on a Dark Steed

Master BSB, HA, SDC, Shield, Dawn Stone (2nd game also with a Lance)
On a Dark Pegasus

20 Darkshards w shields and FC (2nd game without shields)

14 Corsairs Additional Handweapon

10 Black Guards, FC

5 COK FC

Hydra

5 Warlocks

He basically had:

Vampire Lord on a Coven Throne lvl 2 wizard

Lvl 2 Necromancer on some sort of chariot

25 zombies

20 skeletons

15 Ghouls

10 Grave Guards

1 Varghulf

I can't remember very well any of the spells, since winds of magic were very low. I think they casted 3 spells in each game.

Deployment:
I had my COK all out on the right flank, my Hydra next to them, then my DL. In the middle i had Darkshards deployed 10x2, BSB corsairs and BG, all out on the left flank i had my Warlocks. He had Grave Guards in front of my warlocks, then his necro chariot, Skeletons, Zombies, Varghulf, Coven Throne and Ghouls.

He had first turn
Turn 1:
He moved his units a bit forward very slow, rolled low for magic and none shooting.
Warlocks moved forward against his Grave G'uards, and on the other flank full speed ahead as well. My Darkshards 'hid' behind a swamp, and fired a volley against Varghulf giving it a single unsaved wound (I forgot that I had 40 shots, instead of 20).

Turn 2: His Varghulf regenerated its wound. His Coven Throne charged my DL, His Grave Guard charged my Warlocks which i choose to flee with (first mistake). Magic did nothing. His Coven Throne killed my DL giving him 4 wounds.
My Turn two: i failed to rally my Warlocks which fled further down the field. I charged the Coven Throne with my BSB and Hydra. COK Charged Ghouls. My BG prepared to either be charged or charge his grave guards in the next turn. My Corsairs prepared for the big fight in the middle with zombies and skeletons. Darkshards reformed and shot at Varghulf not doing anything.
COK won the fight pretty big, although a few Ghouls remained. BSB and Hydra didn't manage to inflict any wounds on the Throne, and recieved one each in return. (this is the second mistake of the game - Combat Resolution would have me winning, but we forgot flank and Standard) Therefore i lost the fight, and my Hydra fled.

Turn 3: His Varghulf Charged my Darkshards which failed their terror test, fled and he overran. The rest of his units moved forward.
BSB vs his Coven Throne neither did any unsaved damage. (My BSB took 15-20 hits from his throne in the two games and saved all except one - YAY DAWN STONE!) This time we knew better, therefore i won by flank and standard, resulting in two wounds due to crumbling. He didn't think about reforming so i wasnt in his flank, lucky me. COK killed the rest of his ghouls.

In my turn, i rallied my Hydra and Warlocks, and tried to cast Soulblight Bubble which he dispelled. BG charged Grave Guards, leaving only two to stand. Corsairs charged Zombies. Warlocks prepared for the charge from skeletons, or if the skeletons flanked my corsairs to flank them. COK wheeled to flank Coven Throne and help MY BSB. However same result as in his turn, two wounds due to Crumbling, which killed his Vampire Lord. The Following crumbling test left the board almost clean. His Coven Throne died, both skeletons and Zombies took a hit, his Necromancer died, and his Chariot took some hits as well.

Turn 4: What was left of his army was his varghulf, which couldn't see anything, some zombies and skeletons. On my side i had 10 Corsairs locked in combat with the zombies. Warlocks who took a charge from the skeletons. My Black Guard was too far away from the battle to do any more in this battle. He Choose to get his Varghulf ready to fight with the corsairs and Warlocks, away from COK, BSB and Hydra. I slaugthered what was left of his zombies and skeletons. And reformed to face the Varghulf.

In my turn the, the hydra was too far away to charge the Varghulf, so I charged it with corsairs in the flank, and warlocks in its front. It took three hits, and in return killed 5 or 6 of my corsairs. And then my Dark Steeds cleaned the table.

It was a fun game, which i thought i had lost on turn three with both my DL killed, my Darkshards overrun and hydra fleeing. Then it alle changed with my BSB who couldn't be killed, and crumbling which took out most of his army. I learned how strong warlocks are, not just as wizards, but in close combat. And that i needed to have more protection on my DL.
Xpesj
Slave on the Altar

Re: Eldrazors descnedents - First Blood

Post by Xpesj »

Battle two:
My opponent this time, had the same army however was a much more experienced player.

Deployment: On my right flank I had Cok and Warlocks. Then BSB, darkshards, Hydra (I would like to test it out in Close Combat) Black Guard, Corsairs and my DL on the left flank.
He had his Varghulf all the way out on my left flank, then his three four infantry blocks in the middle and his casters behind those.

Turn 1: He had first turn, and moved forward. Nothing exciting happening.
My Warlocks succeeded in killing 8 of his grave Guard with lvl 2 doombolt. And my Darkshards made two wounds on his chariot. I didn't want to fight the varghulf with my DL, at least not alone, so he moved forward preparing to charge his ghouls.

Turn 2: Zombies and Ghouls forward, his skeletons charged my COK (as he said it was charge og be chaged). Only 3 of his skeletons remained. His varghulf closed in on my right flank.

With everything happening on my left flank, his Coven Throne were clear for a charge from my Hydra and BSB, so i charged him. Getting between his Ghouls and Zombies, it would take a reform before he could counter charge. I lost the first round miserably, i didn't make any wounds and he killed my hydra. My DL charged his Ghouls and killed 3 and recieved one wound in return. my warlocks moved past COK, who killed the final Skeletons.
My Corsairs reformed to take the Charge from the Varghulf coming in.

Turn 3: His Varghulf charged my Corsairs, killed and overran. His two Grave Gaurds charged my Warlocks, and got killed instantly. My DL killed some more of his ghouls leaving 8 alive. Against his Coven Throne neither of us did any wounds (Thank you Dawn Stone). I won Combat Resolution by one due to banner. Thanks to crumbling one wound on both Coven and Vamp Lord.

My turn I reform my Black Guards to take the charge from the Varghulf. I forgot shooting and magic this round, eager to get fighting. DL wins and kills the final ghouls. And i have a clear passage to his Necro Chariot. I cant remember what my warlocks and COK did this turn, or why they didn't come my BSB to help. However my BSB didn't need help in combat. Neither he nor the vamp did any wounds. But out of nowhere my Pegasus kicked his Vamp Lord. One Wound, and a wound due to crumbling. Vamp lord is dead. The following crumbling test did only inflict 3-4 models to die. And did nothing game changing.

Turn 4: His Zombies flanked my BG, he controlled the varghulfs frenzy and ran past my BG and behind my Darkshards. The first time he succeeded with a spell. He raised 8 zombies in front of my DL, to prevent me from charging his Necro. Combat between my BSB and Coven proved slow, I think i did another wound on the Coven, he did none in return leaving it with one wound after crumbling.
My BG didn't get the best beginning to fight his zombies. They killed four, and took four wounds in return. I stood my ground, and succeeded in reforming to face the zombies.

In my turn, My DL charged the raised zombies killing all of them. My Darkshards reformed to face the Varghulf, and marched right in front of it, to prevent it from charging my BG in the rear instead. Since neither my BSB nor his Coven did any wounds in combat i won the fight due to banner and killed his coven because of crumbling. My Black Guards killed 5 zombies, and recieved 3 hits in return.

Turn 5 His Varghulf charged my Darkshards, and his Necro-chariot charged my DL. My dreadlord made four wounds on his Chariot which his regeneration saved. And i recieved on unsaved wound. My BG finally started chewing through his zombies. In the end of my turn the last zombie fell and only two BG remained. His Varghulf chewed its way through my Darkshards, they did one wound and he broke and overran them.

In my turn i prepared my warlocks to take the charge from his varghulf. My DL managed to kill his chariot, and killing his necro due to crumbling. My BG killed the last zombies.

Turn 6: I had my DL, BSB COK and two BG out of range to do anything. His Varghulf (which was the last thing he had) charged my Warlocks i took the charge and inflicted three wounds on him. Giving me the second win thruogh anihillation.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Eldrazors descnedents - First Blood

Post by Calisson »

Compliments for both wins.
Zombies make awful slaves but still good practice target through sheer numbers.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}