DE vs WOC 2500P 8th

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bjuchen
Slave (off the Altar)

DE vs WOC 2500P 8th

Post by Bjuchen »

Hello my fellow druchii members! Today i played a 2500P game against my WOC friend!

My list: Dark Elves 2500P

Lord : Morathi: Lore of death, shadows and dark. 375P
Supreme Sorceress lvl3: Ring of Hotek. Lore Of Metal. 235P.

Heroes : Death Hag: COB, witchbrew, Ogre Blade. 370P.
Master: BSB, Pegasus, Full mundane, Chill Blade, Cloak of twilight. 232P.

Core : 5x Dark Riders: Musician, shields, X-bows. 110P.
: 40x Witch Elves: Full command, razor standard. 515P.

Special: 28x Executioners: Full command, flaming bannor. 376P

Rare : 5x Warlocks. 125P
1x Kharibdyss. 160P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOC player

Lord : Daemon Prince: Chaos armour, Daemon of nurgle, Flight, Flaming Breath, Charmed Shield,
Dragonbane Gem, Sword of Striking. 565P

Heroes: Exalted Hero: BSB, Chaos Mutations, Halberd, Mark of nurgle, Chaos Armour. 151P
Festus The Leechlord. 190P

Core :2x Chaos Chariots, Mark of nurgle. 250P
:10x Warhounds. 60P
:18x Warriors, Full command, Halberds, Shields, Mark of nurgle. 390P
:17x Warriors, Full command, Halberds, Shields, Mark of tzeentch. 370P
:5x Marauder Horsemen, Javelin. 75P

Rare :Hellcannon. 210P

Special:Chimera, Flaming breath, Regenerating flesh. 275P

Note: Some points might be wrong...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We decided to end the game in turn 4. I won with 1400P against hes 0P.
I've never seen someone so unlucky with the dice rolls...
Nothing worked out for him, and in the end, I felt like that was the only way
for me to win over him!
Attachments
My plan this game was to protect my Witchstar with the lvl3 Ring of Hotek sorc, from hes magic.<br />flanks protected by Executioners and Kharibdyss, Pegmaster to chase Chariots <br />or the Chimera.<br /><br />Turn 1: Morathi sniped out Festus with a Spirit Leach after i've moved my troops. <br />Warlocks killed 5 dogs in CC... <br />Hes Hellcannon missfires on my Witchstar and explode after!  !eek!
My plan this game was to protect my Witchstar with the lvl3 Ring of Hotek sorc, from hes magic.
flanks protected by Executioners and Kharibdyss, Pegmaster to chase Chariots
or the Chimera.

Turn 1: Morathi sniped out Festus with a Spirit Leach after i've moved my troops.
Warlocks killed 5 dogs in CC...
Hes Hellcannon missfires on my Witchstar and explode after! !eek!
Turn 2: Now it gets serious! <br />Hes Chimera and Daemon Prince runs up and breath my Executioners... I got lucky and only lost about 13 modells. <br />I crushed hes Warriors with my Witchstar, hes second unit of warriors fails the panic test and run.<br />Won CC with Pegmaster against one of hes Chariots.
Turn 2: Now it gets serious!
Hes Chimera and Daemon Prince runs up and breath my Executioners... I got lucky and only lost about 13 modells.
I crushed hes Warriors with my Witchstar, hes second unit of warriors fails the panic test and run.
Won CC with Pegmaster against one of hes Chariots.
IMG_20200405_131820__1586113864_37.2.204.208.jpg
Last edited by Bjuchen on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bjuchen
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: DE vs WOC 2500P 8th

Post by Bjuchen »

Turn 3: Hes second Chariot charge Morathi...
She's lucky and survive.
Chimera dies by my Kharibdyss!
My Warlocks, not shown in pictures, killed hes Marauders. I managed to dispell all hes nasty spells from Daemon Prince into my Witchstar... Thats why he was carefull entering CC with him.
I casted Soul Blight on Daemon Prince in my magic phase.

Turn 4: My Pegmaster helped Morathi from the last Chariot! My Kharibdyss charges he's Daemon Prince... And kills him!?
We stoped after that.

Conclusion! MVP this game was for sure the Kharibdyss! Killing both Chimera and the Daemon Prince... Or was it my dices that should be MVP?.
Pegmaster with Chill Blade/Cloak of Twilight combo was not that successful. The low S makes it hard for hes attacks to go through Chaos armor saves.
Sorc lvl3 was a gamble to accompany the Witchstar. She ended up with 1 wound left in the end.
I was Lucky hes Hellcannon Blow up in Turn one, otherwise the game would've looked quite different!
Attachments
IMG_20200405_151933__1586113882_37.2.204.208.jpg
Last edited by Bjuchen on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Has been a long time since last battle report!
Thanks for sharing.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Fun game. Your list looks very tailored to taking on WoC (e.g. the executioners and witchstar) - was that a deliberate choice from knowing who/what you were going to be facing or just happy good fortune? Dark Elves can do anything well but can't do everything well. In my experience, melee oriented dark elf armies can indeed chew through ranked up WoC armies like his was, although it is - as you noted in your BatRep - dice gods contingent. Either way, good win and thanks for sharing.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Bjuchen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Bjuchen »

[quote="Red..."]Fun game. Your list looks very tailored to taking on WoC (e.g. the executioners and witchstar) - was that a deliberate choice from knowing who/what you were going to be facing or just happy good fortune? Dark Elves can do anything well but can't do everything well. In my experience, melee oriented dark elf armies can indeed chew through ranked up WoC armies like his was, although it is - as you noted in your BatRep - dice gods contingent. Either way, good win and thanks for sharing.[/quote

Thanks for Response :)
Hes goal was to the max list to destroy me! Only thing i knew then for certain, was that i'll likely see a
Daemon Prince, Chimera and a hellcannon. So none of us knew how our lists should look like :)
only speculations.

My strategi was to field a witchstar with a sorc lvl3(ring of hotek) to give them some magic ress.
joined up by executioners, so they could benefit from the COB's Wound rerolls and the Frenzy spell.
Only threat to them that i knew of, should be the Hellcannon.
My Pegmaster was builded to take on Chariots or maybe stop hes Prince for a round or 2.
Morathi was a clear choice, since she has great deff against magic, mobile (stay away from Daemon Prince), and you can pick the
Signature spells from Death,shadow and Dark, if needed.
Kharibdyss was ment to protect the star from flank. I will probably field 2 of them next time i face him :mrgreen:
That was the best list i could figure out to counter WoC! The biggest threat i see... that damn Hellcannon! feels like there's
nothing we can do about it! And if we try to do, we need to put to much effort in it so it's a win for him anyway. Unless someone know
a " I'll stay here for a while" build to Pegmaster :mrgreen: ?