Persue and chased away by Terror?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sadisticity
Executioner

Persue and chased away by Terror?

Post by Sadisticity »

My unit broke and ran, I rolled 2D6 and got a 8".

His unit persue (rolled 10") and at 7", it got within 6"of a terror causing unit (My cauldron of blood), can I force him to roll Terror test and if he breaks, will he still successfully run down my unit?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

You only take terror tests at the beginning of your turn or when charged/charging the terror causer.

So you will have to wait with telling him to take the test until the start of his next turn.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Dalamar is right.

Also, if your opponent pursues further than you, he kills your unit immediately, regardless of what happens later his pursuit. That's because its not that you run 8" and then he runs 10" and catches you, you run simultaneously: he covers 10" in the time that you would cover 8", so he catches you before you've even gone 1".
Vesidel
Dark Rider

Post by Vesidel »

Deffinately. Your opponent could even destroy your fleeing unit and overrun into your terror causing creature without needing to take a fear test. If he defeats your terror causing unit or it chooses to flee from the overrun assault it is possible that it could take off and be outside of 6" and never cause him to take a terror test at all.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Remember that a unit only ever takes a Terror test ONCE per game, never more.
Sadisticity
Executioner

Post by Sadisticity »

deathknight27 wrote:Dalamar is right.

Also, if your opponent pursues further than you, he kills your unit immediately, regardless of what happens later his pursuit. That's because its not that you run 8" and then he runs 10" and catches you, you run simultaneously: he covers 10" in the time that you would cover 8", so he catches you before you've even gone 1".

So I cant block pursue to save my own unit?

eg. Put a block of warriors directly behind my pursued units (or even harpies) so he will slam into my warriors before he can even catch up to overrun my fleeing units.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

No.

The rules are clear - Fleeing units are caught and killed where they stand. This is pretty clear on pg 40, BRB.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

So I cant block pursue to save my own unit?

eg. Put a block of warriors directly behind my pursued units (or even harpies) so he will slam into my warriors before he can even catch up to overrun my fleeing units.

No, in fact this would be an atrocious plan, as he would catch your fleeing unit instantly and then count as charging into the unit behind. Even if he didn't catch the fleeing unit, their flight through the unit behind them would cause a panic test (assuming the fleeing unit had unit strength 5+).
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman