Need help about refusing the challenge rule

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Need help about refusing the challenge rule

Post by Gidean »

Could have sworn I saw in the rules or FAQ that if you refuse the challenge and your opponent chooses to put your BSB in the back rank you don't get the benefit of "Hold Your Ground" that turn. But can't find it now! Help! Please! :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Need help about refusing the challenge rule

Post by Calisson »

You were right... back in 7th edition.
Nowaday, the refusing challenger cannot use his Ld, but can use all his other properties.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Calisson wrote:You were right... back in 7th edition.
Nowaday, the refusing challenger cannot use his Ld, but can use all his other properties.

:shock: God! I hate having 5 editions of this game in my old brain. Yet, so many players I have played with tell me that the BSB cannot add his re-roll when he refuses and is placed in the back. Guess I will correct them from now on. :badh:
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Turns out my old brain is not as bad as I thought. Found this thanks to help from a mate on the Vampire Forums.

BRB FAQ page 3:

Add “If a Battle Standard Bearer is in a unit that Refuses a Challenge and is subsequently moved to the rear of its unit, it loses the Hold Your Ground rule until the end of the turn. Note, however, that if the Battle Standard Bearer has a magic standard its effects continue to apply as normal (it cannot be ‘switched on or off’)”.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Sorry, missed that. Forgot to check the FAQ.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Calisson wrote:Sorry, missed that. Forgot to check the FAQ.

I had checked the FAQ but only the section where there are questions and answers. I didn't think it would be in the amendments section. :roll: