Show no Weakness - am i reading this right?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Show no Weakness - am i reading this right?

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Now in an upcoming tournament I'm fielding Lokhir Fellheart. So I decided to reread the rules for Show no Weakness and something caught my attention.

Page 40 of the AB wrote:If this model fights in a challenge or kills an enemy Character,...

Doesn't this mean that even if he isn't in a challenge as long as he kills an enemy Character (even in normal CC) the whole unit gets Unbreakable? Sure this is still only useful for Lokhir himself as he can direct his attacks to any Character in the same combat but I thought I'd check it here before I start pissing people off by assassinating their Chars at the back of the unit and gaining Unbreakable :P
Last edited by Searinox Nagharha on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Gerner
Noble

Re: Show no Weakness - am i reading this right?

Post by Gerner »

Very true.
dms505
Shade

Post by dms505 »

Yea I want to kill stuff with him so bad since my casual meta allows any characters you want. I used him twice and never actually got him into combat with characters in a unit of 35 corsairs. They just shredded a unit of Ironbelchers. I felt unfulfilled.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:Now in an upcoming tournament I'm fielding Lokhir Fellheart. So I decided to reread the rules for Show no Weakness and something caught my attention.

Page 40 of the AB wrote:If this model fights in a challenge or kills an enemy Character,...

Doesn't this mean that even if he isn't in a challenge as long as he kills an enemy Character (even in normal CC) the whole unit gets Unbreakable? Sure this is still only useful for Lokhir himself as he can direct his attacks to any Character in the same combat but I thought I'd check it here before I start pissing people off by assassinating their Chars at the back of the unit and gaining Unbreakable :P

You're reading it right.

Also, bear in mind that as models with Always Strike First attack simultaneously, you can take a wound or two off your intended target with rank and file attacks and have Lokhir deliver the final blow, and Show No Weakness will still trigger.

It also means you can issue a challenge, and if it's refused, you can move a character to the back of the unit and then use Lokhir to kill that character with no risk of retaliation. If only that was possible with a regular BAFM...
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."