Assassin Poisons

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

toots
Beastmaster

Assassin Poisons

Post by toots »

So,

Assassins, as standard have Poisoned Attacks - meaning if a natural 6 is rolled to hit, it's an auto-wound which can have an armour save.

However - if a poison 'upgrade' is purchased, does he still get the standard benefit as described above, as well as say, killing blow? I'd like to think so, as it does say "upgrade"!

Thanks,

James
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Assassin Poisons

Post by T.D. »

Forbidden poisons replace regular poisons, so you don't get both effects.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Not so sure.
Where do you read that forbidden poison replace mundane poison?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Yeah, I was gonna say that they did last edition but they no longer replace your poisons. It appears to simply be an upgrade for the model, and are not necessarily poisons. Not sure if poison immune models still exist this edition, but it may bypass the rule. ;)

Side note, a new gem I see after re-reading the poison rule in the rulebook, it applies to melee and ranged attacks! :O
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

That is correct Fr0. The "forbidden poisons" are called poison in name, but rules wise they are counted on the model. The poison special rule isn't replaced. Indeed, the poison is applied to ranged attacks as well. Not all forbidden poisons do, however. For example killing blow only works in CC (unless explicitly noted otherwise, which isn't the case) as described in the BRB.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
dms505
Shade

Post by dms505 »

Yep. Try and see it as an additive to the poison on the blade which effects the enemy even if the auto wound feature doesn't kick in.