Hekarti's Blessing

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Thetosh
Black Guard

Hekarti's Blessing

Post by Thetosh »

Was playing a game recently and my GW Store Manager pointed out something to me about the 'Hekarti's Blessing' special rule. As the wording Is 'Models with this special rule add +1 to all attempts to cast spells from the Lore of Dark Magic.' He posits that it's a cumulative bonus per sorceress (that 2 level 1 wizards would gain a +3 bonus to cast; 1 for level and 2 from both hekarti's blessings)

Was wondering what your take on that was.
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Hekarti's Blessing

Post by Vulcan »

aaaaand once again GW managers prove they don't understand GW games in the slightest.

A model with Hekarti's Blessing gets +1 to cast Dark Magic, period. Doesn't matter if there's one model with HB on the table, or 100.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Ask him what he's smoking and how can you get some.

Although it would make Elven wizards (the same wording is used for Lileath Blessing and Blessing of the Ancients) stupidly overpowered.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Dalamar wrote:Ask him what he's smoking and how can you get some.

Although it would make Elven wizards (the same wording is used for Lileath Blessing and Blessing of the Ancients) stupidly overpowered.

I second to ask what he was on (although depending on what it is, see if anything exploded in his backyard first).

The rules were meant for one model to get use out of this and any usage for models I think it was referring to having multiple wizards.

Rule wize why this wouldn't work was covered in the last post.

Fluff wise it makes even less sense as Dark elves are more backstabbing then a modern politician, so why they would help each other out is out of the question (aside from a few nut jobs using the lore of light).
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Thetosh
Black Guard

Post by Thetosh »

I think his reasoning is that it says 'ALL attempts' not 'all THEIR attempts'
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

That would make a coven of Dark Magic hilarious. I would frown at such an interpretation, but I'll need the book to prove him wrong.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Thetosh
Black Guard

Post by Thetosh »

Daeron wrote:That would make a coven of Dark Magic hilarious. I would frown at such an interpretation, but I'll need the book to prove him wrong.

would also make High Mages hillarious too, as the High Elf rule uses the exact same wording.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It would even mean that dark elf sorceresses grant this bonus to wood elves casting dark magic. It does say 'all' doesn't it?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Thetosh
Black Guard

Post by Thetosh »

Daeron wrote:It would even mean that dark elf sorceresses grant this bonus to wood elves casting dark magic. It does say 'all' doesn't it?

It does indeed, so yes if you were playing Wood Elves then High/Dark Magic would get the bonus if you were facing High Elves or Dark Elves
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

And wood elves would give +1 for everyone for any lore for each wizard in a forest!
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Thetosh
Black Guard

Post by Thetosh »

Dalamar wrote:And wood elves would give +1 for everyone for any lore for each wizard in a forest!

Depends on the wording of Blessing of the Ancients, haven't actually seen the Wood Elf book.