Witchbrew + Fury of Khaine

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Witchbrew + Fury of Khaine

Post by Loki »

So as I'm looking at this, I'm seeing it two different ways and I'm not sure how I should interpret it. The first way, and probably the view that is most commonly held, is that Fury of Khaine from the Cauldron is not compatible with Witchbrew in any sense. If you receive frenzy from one, you can receive no bonus whatsoever from the other. On the other hand, I could easily see it as, if you receive frenzy from one, you can receive the super frenzy, and that the way in which it can't be combined is to receive super super frenzy. For example, a unit of Corsairs could receive frenzy from the Witchbrew and then +2 attacks from Fury of Khaine from the Cauldron, but Witch Elves, already having frenzy, could only get a bonus from one or the other. At this point, I'm realizing that its been nigh on a year for the book being out and we still don't have a FAQ, though the Wood Elves have already gotten one (useless as it is), and that is rather frustrating.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Red...
Generalissimo

Re: Witchbrew + Fury of Khaine

Post by Red... »

I think the line "Fury of Khaine is not cumulative with Witchbrew" (p47) is fairly clear that the two rules do not work together. Unless I'm missing something obvious.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Re: Witchbrew + Fury of Khaine

Post by Loki »

I guess that it would just be a bit of wishful thinking and trying to guess at what was intended (a futile exercise, I know). Perhaps I was just thinking that the purpose of GW putting that stipulation in the rules was to prevent units from gaining 3 attacks. It just seems like this is one of those things that nobody questions and ends up surprising us all by being on the FAQ
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ