Banishment and third eye of tzeentch

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

toots
Beastmaster

Banishment and third eye of tzeentch

Post by toots »

Hi guys, me again!

I saw a oncebitten battle report today and in it he says that the banishment spell means the 3++ disc man re rolls the 3-6 result, despite having the third eye.

I was under the impression that the re-rolls cancelled (not exactly a fair exchange, yet another reason I hate disc man so much), but oncebitten clearly thinks otherwise.

Thoughts please gents?
toots
Beastmaster

Re: Banishment and third eye of tzeentch

Post by toots »

This could apply to OTS as well
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Being allowed to reroll does indeed cancel out a forced reroll. Example: Kharibdyss forces reroll of passed LD. BSB makes you reroll a failed one. This means you only ever roll one LD test and that result simply stands, because a forced reroll of fail and an allowed reroll of a pass cancels out.

However, the third eye only allows you to reroll a result of 1. It does not give a reroll of a failed ward save. So nothing prevents the banishment spell effect of coming into play here. Here's how it rolls on the tzeentch guy:

1: You reroll this, due to third eye. If you now fail, you failed the save. If you pass, its passed because nothing can force a reroll to be rerolled.
2: You failed.
3-6: You passed but must reroll the ward save. If this ends up a success, good. If it ends up a 2, its a fail. If it ends up a 1, its failed because nothing can force a reroll to be rerolled.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

music to my ears!! thanks!