Seeking rules creation for unreleased hydra sorcerer.

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Seeking rules creation for unreleased hydra sorcerer.

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

I have a quandary. I've arranged for a game tomorrow night and if love to use something I've just finished painting. It's quite a special project.

But there are no rules for him. I thought it would be quite fun to throw this open to you lot and see what you come up with. For clarity sake I'd probably go for a sorcerer on hydra but it's way more fun to come up with something unique.

So, what shall mariliste the cripple of Karond Kar special rules be?

Myles
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Seeking rules creation for unreleased hydra sorcerer.

Post by Thraundil »

That is one hell of a paint job and miniature! Absolutely love it.

Anointed Beastslayer of Anath Raema, the Savage Huntress

M8 WS7 BS7 S6 T6 8W I7 A* LD10 (Monster)

Special rules: Terror, Always Strikes First, Murderous Prowess, Hatred (High Elves)

Combined profile: The anointed beastslayer is mounted upon a Savage War Hydra, and are treated as a single model with an armour save of 1+.

Heardstaff of Anguish: This glaivelike weapon is used to goad even the most savage of beasts into a quite obedience, as the razor sharp edges on this fine beastmaster weapon inflicts horrendous pain when drawn through scaled skin! Attacks made with this weapon has the armour piercing and multiple wounds (d3) special rules against any model with the scaly skin special rule.

Heads! Why does it have so many heads! This model has a number of attacks equal to 4 plus its current remaining wounds. The base of 4 reflects the attacks of the anointed beastslayer, and the up to 8 additional attacks reflects the attacks of a regular war hydra.

Blessings of the Huntress: This model has the regeneration (4+) special rule. In addition, the Huntress shields her chosen champions from fiery ruin, and to reflect this, the model furthermore has a 2+ ward save against wounds caused by flaming attacks.

Breath of Beasts: This model has a strength 5 breath weapon with the flaming attack special rule. Any unit which suffers one or more casualties from this breath attack in the shooting phase must immediately take a panic check, even if they have already done so previously in the same phase.

Beastslayer: Monsters tremble in fear before the chosen of the Huntress. To reflect this, the model causes fear in monstrous beasts, monstrous infantry, monstrous cavalry and monsters alike. The only special rule that can prevent this fear effect is the Immune to Psychology special rule. Furthermore, a fear check taken by a monstrous model in this manner must use the leadership value of the monstrous part of the model, and can not benefit from the inspiring presence special rule (Hold your Ground! may be used as normal). For example, an empire demigryph knight unit will test for fear using the LD7 of the demigryph.

Migthy Stomp: This Savage War Hydra is one class above all other hydras trained by the beastmasters. For this reason, it causes d6+2 hits with its thunderstomp special rule. It may also reroll its thunderstomp hits, but the result of the reroll must be kept, even if worse.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

^^Nice 8)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Dragonarmy
Warrior

Post by Dragonarmy »

Thraundil wrote:That is one hell of a paint job and miniature! Absolutely love it.

Anointed Beastslayer of Anath Raema, the Savage Huntress

M8 WS7 BS7 S6 T6 8W I7 A* LD10 (Monster)

Special rules: Terror, Always Strikes First, Murderous Prowess, Hatred (High Elves)

Combined profile: The anointed beastslayer is mounted upon a Savage War Hydra, and are treated as a single model with an armour save of 1+.

Heardstaff of Anguish: This glaivelike weapon is used to goad even the most savage of beasts into a quite obedience, as the razor sharp edges on this fine beastmaster weapon inflicts horrendous pain when drawn through scaled skin! Attacks made with this weapon has the armour piercing and multiple wounds (d3) special rules against any model with the scaly skin special rule.

Heads! Why does it have so many heads! This model has a number of attacks equal to 4 plus its current remaining wounds. The base of 4 reflects the attacks of the anointed beastslayer, and the up to 8 additional attacks reflects the attacks of a regular war hydra.

Blessings of the Huntress: This model has the regeneration (4+) special rule. In addition, the Huntress shields her chosen champions from fiery ruin, and to reflect this, the model furthermore has a 2+ ward save against wounds caused by flaming attacks.

Breath of Beasts: This model has a strength 5 breath weapon with the flaming attack special rule. Any unit which suffers one or more casualties from this breath attack in the shooting phase must immediately take a panic check, even if they have already done so previously in the same phase.

Beastslayer: Monsters tremble in fear before the chosen of the Huntress. To reflect this, the model causes fear in monstrous beasts, monstrous infantry, monstrous cavalry and monsters alike. The only special rule that can prevent this fear effect is the Immune to Psychology special rule. Furthermore, a fear check taken by a monstrous model in this manner must use the leadership value of the monstrous part of the model, and can not benefit from the inspiring presence special rule (Hold your Ground! may be used as normal). For example, an empire demigryph knight unit will test for fear using the LD7 of the demigryph.

Migthy Stomp: This Savage War Hydra is one class above all other hydras trained by the beastmasters. For this reason, it causes d6+2 hits with its thunderstomp special rule. It may also reroll its thunderstomp hits, but the result of the reroll must be kept, even if worse.

680 points?
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I'd go for something less stable, and more chaotic.

M6 WS5 BS5 S6 T6 W5 I5 A* LD9
Monster (Thunderstomp etc)

Special rules: Terror, ASF, Murderous Prowess, Hatred (High Elves), Magic Resistance(4), Stupidity, Frenzy, Large Target
Armour save: 3+

Heads or Flails: the Hydra and the Wizard fight as one. The model has an attack equal to its remaining wounds + 1.

Cut one head, another takes its place: at the end of the controlling player's turn, roll a D6 for each wound the hydra lost. On a 4+, the wound is regenerated.

Head count: The model counts as a wizard with a level equal to the number of remaining wounds. For every wound taken, the wizard loses a level, and a spell. For every wound regenerated, the wizard regains a level and the lost spell.

Focused Regen: innate spell, power level 5. The model regenerates 1 wound.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

Hahaha oh my god those rules are awesome. I thought that his was such a special model that it needed something's by more than a counts as rules set. He'll only ever be played in for fun games so this kind of rules creation is perfect.

@Thraundil - wow I love the incorporation of the savage huntress. I'll have to rework this characters fluff!
How many points do you think your creation should be?

@ daeron- the wounds linked to the characters wizard level is inspired. Which lore(s) would you give him? Beasts seems like a given, and dark because he's a druchii - what do you think? And what points cost would out put on him?
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I think lore of life would be interesting too. No idea on the point cost though... 300-400 points? Stupidity and the limited defense abilities make it a bit of a liability. But a mounstrous wizard with such a regen should count for something :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze