Warlocks wards + MR

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Praetorian1979
Corsair

Warlocks wards + MR

Post by Praetorian1979 »

Hey I got a question regarding the warlocks special rule "Cursed Coven"

"in the event that a warlock unit rolls a miscast, do not roll on the miscast table. Instead, the unit suffers D3 wounds with no armor saves allowed"

combined with "Prey of the Dark Prince"

"Models with this special rule have a 4+ Ward save, except against wounds caused by models with the daemon of slaanesh etc etc etc."

Normally I have taken the 4+ ward save and rolled whenever I recieved wounds caused by the D3 "miscast".

Today I got a good idea of throwing a Sorc in a dark steed into the mix which carried a obsidian Trinket (MR1).

That would affect their ward save from a 4+ to a 3+ against spells.

After looking at that it made me wonder....

Would the MR also affect the wounds caused by Cursed Coven ?
Walk in the light and live not in fear. For We are brothers, our blood ligates us and holds us to our deeds.

Pictures of my little dark elves army: http://s195.photobucket.com/user/xPraet ... /Warhammer
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Warlocks wards + MR

Post by Calisson »

No, wounds caused by miscast are not wounds caused by spells.
Only 4++ (which is already a goodie probably overseenby GW, if you compare to Sisters of the Thorn for which their ward save brings no protection against miscast).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Praetorian1979
Corsair

Post by Praetorian1979 »

Thanks mate, I wasn't sure about that one. Would still throw the sorc into the mix as her bunker.
Walk in the light and live not in fear. For We are brothers, our blood ligates us and holds us to our deeds.

Pictures of my little dark elves army: http://s195.photobucket.com/user/xPraet ... /Warhammer
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Interestingly, though, I think that the wording on the "Cursed Coven" means that if there were less rank and file models left in the unit than the score on your D3, the excess wounds would be transferred on to any characters in the unit...?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Red... wrote:Interestingly, though, I think that the wording on the "Cursed Coven" means that if there were less rank and file models left in the unit than the score on your D3, the excess wounds would be transferred on to any characters in the unit...?

I think this is correct, yes. Since characters contribute to ranks, so too must they eat the feedback of the cursed coven :P
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.