Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

redruben
Slave (off the Altar)

Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

Post by redruben »

Hi!
If for example all the witches in a unit witch contains the Cauldron dies but the Cauldron survives, do your opponent get the points for that unit of witches or is he forced to kill the CoB too?
Check out my Instagram account: WHPAINTING - http://instagram.com/whpainting
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

Post by Thraundil »

The cauldron follow all the rules for a character. If a whole unit is killed leaving a lvl 4 standing, will the dead unit give up VP to your opponent? The answer is of course yes :)
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
redruben
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by redruben »

Thraundil wrote:The cauldron follow all the rules for a character. If a whole unit is killed leaving a lvl 4 standing, will the dead unit give up VP to your opponent? The answer is of course yes :)

Ok but in the rules for CoB and "The will of the gods" it says: "Note that it is not otherwise treated as a character - it can only join and leave units as one". What does THAT mean then?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Destroying the unit means that the COB has left it.
FAQ 1.9 wrote:Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed, any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6” (including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit has been destroyed.

Note that if the event happens out of melee (shooting, magic, terrain), the remaining lone COB will test for panic - and if the DH was killed, that's an autofail.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
f4n745y
Trainee Warrior

Post by f4n745y »

Calisson wrote:Destroying the unit means that the COB has left it.
FAQ 1.9 wrote:Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed, any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6” (including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit has been destroyed.

Note that if the event happens out of melee (shooting, magic, terrain), the remaining lone COB will test for panic - and if the DH was killed, that's an autofail.

CoB can use General's Ld I think, otherwise it will run until get out of table.
redruben
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by redruben »

f4n745y wrote:
Calisson wrote:Destroying the unit means that the COB has left it.

CoB can use General's Ld I think, otherwise it will run until get out of table.

Ok, thanx for you quick answers. Maybe i´m a little bit stupi but i´m still not convinced. It´s this scentence wich make me wonder: "Note that it is not otherwise treated as a character". What shall i treat the damn CoB as then...?

I think your solution is as close you can get to a good interpretation though. Over and out.
f4n745y
Trainee Warrior

Post by f4n745y »

It is a Chariot, it can join units but doesn't have any character special rule (look out sir!, challenges...)

Note: As long as the Hag is alive, she IS a character, mounted on a chariot. (More or less the same as a character mounted on a monster)
redruben
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by redruben »

f4n745y wrote:It is a Chariot, it can join units but doesn't have any character special rule (look out sir!, challenges...)

Note: As long as the Hag is alive, she IS a character, mounted on a chariot. (More or less the same as a character mounted on a monster)

Aaaah. Thanx!