Final transmutation and the cauldron

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

toots
Beastmaster

Final transmutation and the cauldron

Post by toots »

OK guys, last night final trans was cast on the witch elf unit with cauldron inside. Obviously the character takes a roll on a 6, but, do I have to roll for the cauldron as well? Or is it one roll for both, or do not even roll for the cauldron?! (I rolled a 6!!!)

Thanks guys
toots
Beastmaster

Re: Final transmutation and the cauldron

Post by toots »

bump!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The DH, the COB and its attendants make together a single model.
Final Transmutation affects models. One single roll for the whole model.
Everything was therefore turned as gold, and is removed as a casualty.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Aye, sounds about right to me. One roll for both, which are turned to gold on a 6.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

I disagree. I would think you roll separately for the rider and the mount, seeing as how with a normal direct damage spell you would have to allocate hits. So the death hag is hit, and affected on 6, and the cauldron is also hit and affected on a 6.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Final Transmutation states that you roll a D6 for every model in the unit.

Elsewhere in the BRB, it's made clear that a monster and rider (or in this case, a chariot and its rider) is one model, but with two components. This is why a cannon or template weapon hits both the monster and the rider, but why you randomise hits from BS shooting attacks against either the rider or the mount. It's why you can Killing Blow a monster's rider separately from the mount itself, and why Heroic Killing Blows on the mount won't kill the rider.

I understand your point, Thraundil, but there are no hits to be allocated here. Every model in a unit takes the relevant test when Final Transmutation hits the unit, not every part of every model which can be separately targeted (which, admittedly, only comes up in the case of characters riding a chariot or monster).

Returning to the question at hand: the spell uses the word "model". A Cauldron of Blood with a Death Hag on top is one model. If it's targeted by Final Transmutation, you roll once, and hope it's not a 6. If it is a 6, you take the whole thing off.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

OK thanks guys!!!