Cauldron of Blood+ Magic Resistance question.

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

TBM
Slave on the Altar

Cauldron of Blood+ Magic Resistance question.

Post by TBM »

The rulebook on page 72 says a character with MR that joins a unit gives it to the whole unit.

The Dark elf book says the cauldron of blood joins and leaves units as if it were a character but otherwise is not treated as a character and can only join and leave units like one.

So doesn't that mean its therefore just a chariot that move in and out of units like a character but isn't a character so doesn't grant MR1 to the whole unit? Because that's an ability beyond just joining and leaving units?

The writing couldn't be more ambiguous if they tried.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Cauldron of Blood+ Magic Resistance question.

Post by Daeron »

The cauldron itself isn't a character, so it can't be challenged etc. However, it joins the unit like a character, and so I would assume that all rules for joining a unit, such as granting magic resistance to the unit, counts.
I'm not the expert but as far as I have observed, it has been consistently ruled that the Cauldron, and the Bloodwrack Shrine give their MR to the unit.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze