Overrun question

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Overrun question

Post by Lord Drakon »

Hi,

So my witch elves got charged in the flank and wiped the enemy unit in one round of combat. He then argued that I had to overrun, but my understanding is that you can only overrun in the cases YOU are the charger, not the other way around. We could not agree but played it I had to overrun. Is this the case? Are you also forced to overrun when you got charged yourself?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Overrun question

Post by Calisson »

p.58 is cristal clear that you may overrun only if you charged. Note also that it is not mandatory, it is your choice.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
zen
Cold One Knight

Post by zen »

Except with Frenzy.
Anything but a one... It's a one!

But I've got a reroll... OK that's a one too!!
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Thanks, I knew I had it right but when looking up the rule in the 9th age rulesdocument it was not clearly stated, only mentioned between brackets which was enough for me but I couldn't convince my more experienced opponent who was also sure of his case. Better next time!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Oh, if that was under 9th Age, I did not check.
My reply was under 8th edition...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}