DARK MAGIC: All Spells

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

DARK MAGIC: All Spells

Post by Langmann »

Word of Pain- castable in combat.

Black Horror, where is that 5" radius center placed? It should be in line of sight, so lets just add it to make it clear.

Other than that the spells are fine, I have found no realistic change proposals.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

yep but GW might want a +1 to required casting roll for WoP to make it castable in combat... just a thought.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

As if Dark Magic Complexity weren't high enough already! :roll:
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Thanee wrote:As if Dark Magic Complexity weren't high enough already! :roll:

You mean difficulty to cast?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

I don't think you can fix the wording of Black Horror without making it worse. Saying that the center must be within line of sight doesn't work - it should be possible to cast it in the middle of an enemy unit, and if the center has to be in LOS that's impossible.

But really, are there so many problems with the interpretation of Black Horror? Enough to meddle with the wording?

Other changes, fine. I don't think a +1 on the difficulty for WoP is necessary.

-Metallurgist
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

What is allowed in competitions for Black Horror? Center in LOS or not? I agree, its most useful is you can just drop it on the center of a unit that is in LOS...
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Black Horror template centre needs to be within 18", while the template must be partially within line of sight (not completely).

Bye
Thanee
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

We should write that into the rules just so it doesn't cause so many damn arguments when I try and use it against my opponents and I actually get the spell off! ;)
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Black Horror for it's casting value should allow you to centre it on a unit, as long as the centre of the template is within 18" of the caster's line of sight.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Dark Alliance wrote:Black Horror for it's casting value should allow you to centre it on a unit, as long as the centre of the template is within 18" of the caster's line of sight.

That's why I think the centre should not be within los, but the edge of the template. If the centre has to be within los, then you could only place it to the edge of a unit.

Bye
Thanee
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

yep that sounds reasonable.