How come Malekith is Still Young after 5000 years, but:

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Brightstarnova
Trainee Warrior

How come Malekith is Still Young after 5000 years, but:

Post by Brightstarnova »

If Malekith is Still young after over 5000 years, how come it mentions about how Wych Elves have to use the Blood Cauldron, and about similar stuff.

Side type Note: I dont remember it mentioning any Asur or Wood Elves aging, but just being Elders of the people, even though they are similar?

Aryan tyr
Corsair

Post by Aryan tyr »

Where does it say anything about him being young? Nowhere in fact. Even if he was, he still looks like he was beaten by an ugly stick, plus his hair is (correct me if I'm wrong based on Dark Power in the army book) white. I have never heard or interpreted his age to be anywhere close to young. However if he was so it'd probably be due to the Armor of Midnight, which supposedly lends him its strength.
We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other.
Brightstarnova
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brightstarnova »

Aryan Tyr wrote:Where does it say anything about him being young? Nowhere in fact. Even if he was, he still looks like he was beaten by an ugly stick, plus his hair is (correct me if I'm wrong based on Dark Power in the army book) white. I have never heard or interpreted his age to be anywhere close to young. However if he was so it'd probably be due to the Armor of Midnight, which supposedly lends him its strength.

And the Asure, and the Pure Of Heart Trait, that were around well before the events of the Sundering? **
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Malekith is kind of like a Lich. He stays alive by the sorcery of his armor and pure force of will. And as Aryan Tyr said, he is in no way "young". He is scarred and hideous to behold.

Witch Elves don't have the raw power to stay alive without the assistance of Khaine. Eternal beauty for eternal bloodshed is their pact with him. Their beauty is a lure to unsuspecting young males who don't know that they are not smiling at you because they think you're cute. But it isn't an eternal pact. Hellebron, the oldest Witch Elf, is a withered old hag. She has to bathe in blood just to stay alive.

Elves of all three breeds do age, albeit slowly. The ravages of time that turn humans "old" don't affect them as much. A very old elf can still look young. Force of will and magical power seem to be the dominant factors in how elves handle the years.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Brightstarnova
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brightstarnova »

General Kala wrote:Malekith is kind of like a Lich. He stays alive by the sorcery of his armor and pure force of will. And as Aryan Tyr said, he is in no way "young". He is scarred and hideous to behold.

Witch Elves don't have the raw power to stay alive without the assistance of Khaine. Eternal beauty for eternal bloodshed is their pact with him. Their beauty is a lure to unsuspecting young males who don't know that they are not smiling at you because they think you're cute. But it isn't an eternal pact. Hellebron, the oldest Witch Elf, is a withered old hag. She has to bathe in blood just to stay alive.

Elves of all three breeds do age, albeit slowly. The ravages of time that turn humans "old" don't affect them as much. A very old elf can still look young. Force of will and magical power seem to be the dominant factors in how elves handle the years.

Then does that Mean that Asur have stronger willpower ? **
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

That all depends on the Asur in question. Morathi is older than any of them and yet she is the most beautiful female in the warhammer world.

Has anyone ever told you that you over-analyze things? :D
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

BrightStarNova wrote:
Then does that Mean that Asur have stronger willpower ? **

of which Asur do you speak? afaik the oldest living elves are Malekith, Morathi and Ariel and Orion, the latter being half-gods, though. i don´t know of any Asur who has lived especially long. (not to mention their especially short-lived so-called 'kings').
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Darkfeather
Noble
Location: Silently stalking the Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia

Post by Darkfeather »

Weelll, one could argue that practicing magic would require a person to have a strong will. Following that train of thought, you could argue that seeing as GW seems to think the HE are kings of magic that they would be some of the most strong-willed people in the old world behind Malkie and his mommy (Teclis comes to mind)...
Alith Anar wrote: So in conclusion, do bring them whenever you feel like it. They do, after all, cut people's heads off for a living, and that's gotta count for something.
Patrizzo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Patrizzo »

to me it's amazing that elves grow old at all considering the low number of elves and by the abysmal number they die on the field of battle (ats least in my games) ... :)

//Patrizzo
Pulchritudo in oculis spectatore est ...
Pete
Cold One Knight
Location: The southern part of the chaos wastes (in other words: Norway(would that make me a norse marauder?))

Post by Pete »

Aryan Tyr wrote:Where does it say anything about him being young? Nowhere in fact. Even if he was, he still looks like he was beaten by an ugly stick, plus his hair is (correct me if I'm wrong based on Dark Power in the army book) white. I have never heard or interpreted his age to be anywhere close to young. However if he was so it'd probably be due to the Armor of Midnight, which supposedly lends him its strength.

He wasn't beaten with an ugly stick... He was burned.. .:D Before thtas he w, aa handsome chap ;)
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

of which Asur do you speak? afaik the oldest living elves are Malekith, Morathi and Ariel and Orion, the latter being half-gods, though. i don´t know of any Asur who has lived especially long. (not to mention their especially short-lived so-called 'kings').

Alith Anar is still floating around. He fought in the sundering and then again with Eltharion in Naggaroth the second time.
they would be some of the most strong-willed people in the old world behind Malkie and his mommy (Teclis comes to mind)...
ERm..... they're not in the old world.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Puppyblue
Beastmaster

Post by Puppyblue »

My theory is witch elves don't use the couldron to stay young as in "not die" stay young. Its more of a "look sexy" stay young. Where-as Malekith is hideously burnt anywway and would be ugly as either way so he doesn't care.
No, it isn't Sydney
No, not Melbourne either
Keep guessing...
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

Didn't he eat some kind of magical fruit which prolongs his life.
The fruit of the Black Tree. It says something about that at the begining of the founding of Naggaroth by Furion in the army book
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Kramandire
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kramandire »

This made me laugh so hard I spit out half of my mountian dew...

Mornedhel wrote:A Cold One's thoughts during battle: "Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Oooooooooooooh, shiny...."**
Death before dishonor.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

PuppyBlue wrote:My theory is witch elves don't use the couldron to stay young as in "not die" stay young. Its more of a "look sexy" stay young. Where-as Malekith is hideously burnt anywway and would be ugly as either way so he doesn't care.

This is pretty much as accurate as it gets. Nowhere in the army book does it say that Witch Elves require a cauldron to preserve their life; they need it instead to preserve their youth. Malekith, on the other hand, doesn't need to look pretty (he only wears bras and panties when no one is around). He also has pretty powerful magical tendencies to back him up and if all else fails, Morathi probably knows a spell or two to keep him running.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Malekithslegionaire
Warrior

Post by Malekithslegionaire »

that would suck, imagine always seeking a way to
regenerate your life. I'd rather have the fact that
humans have a life in which to do something.

If you've seen LOTR there is a lesson in old age
with arwen and aragorn.
Death has intricate plans, let none dispute it or surely it will catch up with you.
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Far as witch elves go, isn't Helbronne the only mentioned near immortal one. Seems as most of the others are no where near old enough to have the cauldron's magic starting to fade on them.
Think its just Furion, Morathi, Malekith and possibly Hotek who are the proper immortal ones after eating from the Black Tree. Quite what Alith Anar is doing I'm not so sure (having not sold his soul to forest daemons or eaten forbidden fruit, though I guess he might of done)

Hasn't it said somewhere recently that Mlaekith is slowly healing though?

M's Legionaire - its called becoming a vampire, who are based of a corruption of dark elf magic
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Brightstarnova
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brightstarnova »

What would happen if Malekith Became a Vampire, to Regenerate and be Garunteed Immortal?

Also, what if He bathed in the Cauldron of Blood? He is the Witch King, so he can basically do whatever He might want!

?
Freebooter
Corsair

Post by Freebooter »

Tastyfish: What is this Black Tree you mentioned? And where can I learn more about it? I mean I've never even heard of Furion, Morathi and Malekith eating from some Black Tree? And I didn't know Hotek was alive...

Where have you found out these things?
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Black tree is mentioned in Furion's history of the Druchii in the army book. Furion appears to be the only living male sorceror who is tolerated by the witch king (having a magic item named after him and being able to complete his history up to the current day).
Hotek...just seems to be one of Malekith's inner circle during the Sundering, and I can imagine him having been offered immortality by his grateful king after he forged the army that allowed him to start a new life (that and the monthly did a special character article on him)
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Vile_druchii
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vile_druchii »

about malekith i know he was meant to be scarred from the flames but dont you think the model's face sucks not to mention the rest of the model i hate to say it but i think the HE dragon is a better model
light a man a fire - you warm him for a night

light a man on fire - you warm him for the rest of his life
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Well, it's much the same dragon but Imrick does look a hell of a lot better.

Alith Anar is either multiple heroes taking up the same name or just one elf who refuses to die I guess.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Jaycee
Assassin

Post by Jaycee »

Dont know about the dragon but malekiths model is very ugly
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

I thought all elves were pretty much immortal until they got killed, the only reason WE need to bathe in the cauldrons is to stay looking young.

I obviously missed the bit about the black tree as I'd never heard of it before.

Malekith is very badly scarred from the burns of the Flames of Asuryan and so his armour gives him strength.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

GW was never very clear on whether or not elves were immortal. I think in the BRB on the section of "Ye History of the Old World" or something there is a part where, in the subsection "Of the Elves" it says that elves may or may not be immortal, that it has never been confirmed of either side, but that more often than not an elf will meet with a premature death from war or disease or whatever before dying naturally. The Black Tree thing is old fluff; to my knowledge it hasn't been included in any newer WHFB fluff, save that of the RP.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»