Best Dragon Lord sidekicks?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Who are the best sidekicks for a Dragon Lord(efficiency)?

2 Lv 2 Sorc's
40%
2 Lv 1 Sorc's
No votes
1 Lv 2 Sorc and Noble (riding DP)
8%
1 Lv 1 Sorc and Noble (riding DP)
16%
Any sorc + any Noble
16%
2 Nobles
4%
Beastmaster (on manticore)
16%
Beastmaster and another
No votes

Total votes: 25

Columind
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Portugal - the country everybody thinks belongs to Spain...arg

Best Dragon Lord sidekicks?

Post by Columind »

I wish to know who do you think should be more:

a ) Fluffy

b ) Effective

c ) Uneffective

as remaining hero choices in a Dragon Lord (Highborn) army given that:

1 ) You take another 2 hero choices

2 ) You only take another hero choice

Basically I wish to know who you think is the best, the worse and the fluffiest "hero company" for a Dragon riding Highborn and why.
This is a general approach, having a balanced army composition in mind, or, if you want to talk about how different armies favour different heros, please justify your answer given what composition you think is the best for each case.;)
Sulam
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulam »

A manti is great for you have a great rushing effect and two terror causing creaturs can be destructive for armies like skaven and orcs&goblins.

The disadvantage is that they are expensive, hardly can get magic defense and the manti/bm have low armour saves.

The good points are many: two terror causers early in the game, movement distrubing, etc. the risks are great, but it is uber-offensive:D

If you want to balance out things I would go for 1 sorc with scroll and dsc and give the GHB the seal, but the double-monster tactic is more attractive to me.

-Sulam
|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)

Army pics: www.bretonnia.i8.com/1darkelves.html
Dalakh deathblow
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dalakh deathblow »

should you want to focus on cc, then a scroll caddy is the way to go.. you might want another noble on DS to make sure that you dominate the movement and cc phase.. if you want to try to balance the dragon list, then 2 sorceress is the way to go (DA list "Blade" is an excellent example).. last, if you want to create a flying circus with a dragon, then 2 nobles on DP with ring of hotek and seal each is a good combination as well..
Innocence proves nothing.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Though the BM on manti is tempting to go for, I wouldn't say that's the best option since you end up not really having any magical defense. The jump from 3 to 4 dice is also pretty big, so not missing out on that 4th one is important. So, a level 1 caddy and DP noble to hunt WMs and other anti-dragon nuisances sounds like a good way to go. Each character has a pretty important role in the army and they fit together well. Also given the cost of the dragonlord, it's probably a good thing to take 2 cheap characters as countermeasures for his protection.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

i'd say it depends how magic heavy you want to go, 2 level 2's would provide a nice amount of protection, but would cost a fair bit and not leave you with much points left, but saying that the BM on manti does sounds like a very good plan, as does 2 nobles maybe one a BSB, its really a difficult choice to make :?
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Baranthazul
Ewok of DOOM

Post by Baranthazul »

I'd go 1 caddy, and a noble on peg. Why? The scroll caddy=protection, the Noble is fluffy (highborn being trained) and effective. Give him the deathmask, and you have a very scary (bad pun) army!
---Baran
Forum Moderator-Druchii Discussion
Skiing consists of wearing $3,000 worth of clothes, driving 200 miles in the snow just to stand around at a bar and drink.
Tharashar
Warrior

Post by Tharashar »

I prefer 2 lvl2 sorceresses.Dark magic is to good to be unused.But if you want a noble or assasin.At least take a scroll caddie.
Honour the Craft of Death
Moonblade
Cold One Knight

Post by Moonblade »

Well, I was wondering the same... What to combine the dragon with... I most prefer 2 nobles or 2 sorceress... The 2 nobles(Or 1 noble + one beastmaster for suicide mission against some magic user) are risky becouse you will not have magic deffense. But I take them for magic hunt and count on them to kill the magic users instead of trying to dispell their spells.. I give one of them the Mask Of Death and here you have two terror beastes,too. By my opinion only one sorceress is just not enough for nothing.But If i take one I will give her the wand of kharaidon to have 4 power dices + one bound spell for the opponent to dispell. And will hope for the DR and the Noble to take care of the enemy magic users.
Game Designer. At last. Period.
Puppyblue
Beastmaster

Post by Puppyblue »

A sorc. and a Noble on DP. The sorc. his wife and the nobles his son. He's training his son to ride a dragon by giving him a DP. And his wife? Well, if he's got a son he should have a wife and the sorcereress is automatically identified as female. And the combo's not bad either.
No, it isn't Sydney
No, not Melbourne either
Keep guessing...