Games Day Modena (Italy) - Dark Elves Second Wave confirmed

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Not really convinced we need too many new models. I like the current Harpies, but plastics would make them soo much cheaper... :)
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Yep, it's the same with Dark Riders I reckon. I like the Riders, they look a lot like they're doing what the generally found doing on the table, which is calmly, quietly ruining everything. Not charging about and fighting. I could hope that if they try to put them in plastic, they don't try too hard to make them 'dynamic'. The new Marauders lead the way.

The only problem there is the horses, and there are ways around it but it makes things rather expensive. So there's my note to GW : new plastic Dark Riders please, not posed as if charging into battle, because they won't be, just sitting on their horses and looking smug and annoying if you can manage that. Thanks.

Layne.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Desert icon
Assassin

Post by Desert icon »

Layne wrote:So there's my note to GW : new plastic Dark Riders please, not posed as if charging into battle, because they won't be, just sitting on their horses and looking smug and annoying if you can manage that. Thanks.

If there's anything at all in this world that Games Workshop is excellent at, it's being smug and annoying.

If they bust out a new plastic Black Dragon, I'll definitely be very happy. Same with new models for some of the heroes, since I've never been a big fan of the hero models we have now.
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

would be wonderful if we got that third wave also with malekith dark riders and the others, thought no harpies but YAY!!! next time I visit GW I must check him no doubt about it!
Lord_kaloth
Executioner

Post by Lord_kaloth »

Just seen all the 3 Unknown models on the Dutch warhammer Frenzy,

The mounted lord is armed with the regular stuff on an armored dark Steed. The Steed looks like the Woodelve Glade Rider one but then with Druchii armor on it like we want and know it!

- The Master on foot looks very serious, pointing towards the enemey and wears an eye patch like the Manflayer Stdbearer. Fully armored with the cloak, realy nice sculpt!

- The other master with add.handweapon is lightly armored with a bunch of stuff around her belt. Nice model for a Hag!

- And the 4th is the one from our current army books

The aditional shield are gonna be mail direct only. They have mroe or less the same emblems as the ones from our COK's

Ow and its release date is early january.

Greetz
In the end there was only Druchii
Sedro
Beastmaster

Post by Sedro »

sounds great! thoght only sounds great, do you have any pics on them? would be really appreciated (spelling)
Riker666
Executioner

Post by Riker666 »

I guess that the Italians were too lazy to take DE pictures at the games day, I found only those of the Golden Daemon and the new high elf hero kkit....

Let's hope that those brownie ridden Dutch will shed some light on the second wave
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

I wouldn't buy a new Malus model.
Mine is perfectly '08

Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

yes. If we get new harpies I wont buy any now...
The steed hero sounds cool, I will probably buy one.
Dubhgilla
Warrior

Post by Dubhgilla »

riker666 wrote:Plaastic harpies would sell like cocaine. In boxes of 10, every player would buy at least one, if not two.

Wow, never seen cocain sold by the box. :lol:
Lord_kaloth
Executioner

Post by Lord_kaloth »

Sedro wrote:sounds great! thoght only sounds great, do you have any pics on them? would be really appreciated (spelling)

Nope, i regret for not bringing my camera. Didnt expect them to showcase those DE models :oops:

But it is really something to look out for, no lame topknot!
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

Aspiring Executioner wrote:Wow, I guess GW are making up for the time when we didn't have a single Noble/Highborn model. I wonder why Alessio isn't the author of Skaven, it's like his favourtite race or one of them.

Well My current theory is that the Backlash on the author of the Space Marines Codex being a huge Ultramarines fan has left a sour taste in the mouths of many. I look forward to the new character models for sure Dark steed Chariacter I am there. I like many hope the riders legs are separate from the mount. Female Dreadlord is awesome idea.

Scipio wrote:
MonkeyLord wrote:A female Dreadlord, eh? Intriguing!

Though I'd trade *all* of these new characters for a plastic Dark Rider kit.

Sounds like a death hag not a dreadlord

Those should be easy to tell apart, one being half naked after all. I would assume the term Dreadlord would refer to an armoured Female warrior.
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."
Sedro
Beastmaster

Post by Sedro »

Lord_Kaloth wrote:
Sedro wrote:sounds great! thoght only sounds great, do you have any pics on them? would be really appreciated (spelling)

Nope, i regret for not bringing my camera. Didnt expect them to showcase those DE models :oops:

But it is really something to look out for, no lame topknot!

yes I guess they will appear somewhere soon if one already has seen them so guess we does not need to wait too long.
btw nice to hear no lame topknots!
Dread_knight666
Noble

Post by Dread_knight666 »

What is wrong with top knots?

If I were a warrior with long hair, I would certainly tie my hair back so it wouldn't interfere with my vision. I am sure the last thing you need in a sword fight, is to have a long lock of hair falli in your eyes during the heat of battle.
Besides the corsair heads with top knots look great IMO..
Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

dread knight 666, the noble with a top knot looks friggin ridiculous.
Lord temnir
Executioner

Post by Lord temnir »

An new wave of things for DE would be nice- especially if we get in already in january!

What I wnat to say about topknots: I like them on druchii models and as dread_knight666 said it is very useful! (talking out of experience)
Victory is messured by the blood spilled.
Dread_knight666
Noble

I will admit the dread lord model is a little overkill, but the corsair models prove that top knots can look good if done right.

To be honest though the new dread lord model is actually growing on me. I am not saying I am going to rush out and buy it, especially if new characters are on the horizon, but it looks less retarded than I initially thought.. I wish he had a cooler weapon, not the question mark of doom pile of garbage. And what the heck is with every DE noble having a fledgling dragon? I thought dragons in the land of chill were incredibly rare?
Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

exactly. the entire model is terrible.

Corsairs are great though. as are new CoK. We have been quite lucky with new plastics
Lord_kaloth
Executioner

Post by Lord_kaloth »

Well Dread knight66 i was indeed refering to the "a bit ofer the top"-knot of our dreadlord model!

And all the new heroes don't have lil dragons on them, except for the one with the draich which is also printed in our 7th edition book. Damn can't wait myself :roll:
Dread_knight666
Noble

IMO the great weapon dread lord in the DE book looks worse than the current one. His helmet looks dumber than the top knot and everything else is the same.. :cry:

Well Dread knight66 i was indeed referring to the "a bit over the top"-knot of our dread lord model!

I know, but I didn't think his Abaddon the despoiler ripoff topknot needed mentioning. If your really bent out of shape over the new dread lord(s), check out this alternate model.

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/images/aow06.jpg

This one is leagues better than the GW one and even though my army contains neither dread lord or master I am tempted by it.
Dicnar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dicnar »

Excidium666 wrote:Just heard from one of the GW employees that next year we will get a new malus, new morathi, new malekith on plastic dragon, new dark riders and chariots. Anyone can confirm or is this one of those dodgy rumours by GW? The model "should be" realised somewhere in the middle of next year. Maybe a new summer campaigne or something? :)

Dark Riders would be great! I rather see GW make more regiments than tons of characters. There's a lot great DE character models to choose from apparently the new ones are not so cool IMO, apart from that bald assasin which is superb. But with the new corsairs being the most awesome kit ever made it would be nice to have BG and Executioners matching...new Witch elves would be nice too.
Dread_knight666
Noble

^ I sincerely doubt you will see BG, Exec's or WE any time soon. I suppose I wouldn't mind if they replaced them with plastic, but those models are all still considered to be good by most. DR, harpies, COB, chariots, manticore, dragon and shades on the other hand, are all in dire need of replacing. And we currently don't even have all the basic characters, let alone special characters. The only real gripe I have with the WE, Exec and BG models is the cost.

You never know though, I am talking about a company that decided to make a sorceress on a CO, rather than a DS... :roll:
Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

hahaha too true.
what an annoying model. I would definitely buy it if on a DS.

and releasing the Empire, making the Waltar a great choice, and not releasing a new model?!
crazy.
Caiaphus
Corsair

Post by Caiaphus »

So true Notts. What were they thinking? Come to think of it, we are sadly lacking in mounted heroes for most races. Heroes on foot do look cool, but they are so much more useful on a horse. Reckon GW will twig on?

This is good news. Does anyone else think there may be a plastic Manticore in the works as well? Something in me doubts there will be a new plastic dragon, seeing as the HE one was done not long ago. I think GW will figure that all the druchii players can just convert that one :roll:
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Lol yea I only just bought a HE dragon to convert it haha. O well.

And plastic harpies and DRs would definitely make me by them. Dont have the funds for metal ones