Games Day Modena (Italy) - Dark Elves Second Wave confirmed

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Riker666
Executioner

Games Day Modena (Italy) - Dark Elves Second Wave confirmed

Post by Riker666 »

From warseer:

Yesterday i was at the Italian Gamesday.

During the seminar, beside the 2nd wave of 40K orks, Alessio Cavatore showed some pics of the new Dark Elves characters to be released in january 2009: the dreadlord with great weapon (the one we have already seen in the new army book), a new female dreadlord with additional hand weapon, another new hero with a sea dragon cloak and a mounted character on dark steed.

After the seminar I talked to Alessio who confirmed the next releases in the pipeline: Lizardmen for Warhammer, Imperial guard for 40K and a secret Lord of the Rings project he could not talk about.

He told me he recently developed a new game called Shuuro for his own game company describing it as a blend of chess and a wargame like Warhammer 40000. I found the idea rather interesting.

He also confirmed that he won't be the author of the new Skaven army book...

EDIT - a few other bits i forgot to mention earlier:
- Dark elves shields for spearmen/crossbowmen with various symbols sculpted on them to be released january 2009 along with the new characters. I dunno if they will be mail oreder only.
- Jes Goodwin confirmed the death of the Squats (he claimed to be the one behind their demise). I know it's 40k-related but it's worth mentioning.
- Jes stated that Chaos Dwarves won't disappear, they will be developed when GW will have more time and resources. Oh, and no more big hats on models.

by Maalivate
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

That's fantastic news. Thanks for the update! I can't wait to see the new noble on dark steed, although probably more for the new mount than for the rider!

I wonder when new dark riders will be making their way onto shelves...
- Human
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Wow, I guess GW are making up for the time when we didn't have a single Noble/Highborn model. I wonder why Alessio isn't the author of Skaven, it's like his favourtite race or one of them.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Dread_knight666
Noble

Post by Dread_knight666 »

Interesting... As much as I welcome new character models, I must say I would have been much more interested in new troop choices... DR, shades and harpies spring to mind, but perhaps since they are releasing new characters they will be generous and make new troops too.

Either way this is defiantly good news! Especially since the highborn on foot model basically sucks. Maybe GW won't be stupid with the new mounted character and not attach his legs to the steed.
Kheel
Noble

Post by Kheel »

no words about plastic harpies and Dark Riders?
Or even new Coldone Chariots?
//Kheel

Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.
Riker666
Executioner

Post by Riker666 »

Plaastic harpies would sell like cocaine. In boxes of 10, every player would buy at least one, if not two.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Kheel wrote:no words about plastic harpies and Dark Riders?
Or even new Coldone Chariots?

New chariots please!!! And new Dark Riders!

I'm not too optimistic though. The High Elves got re-released before us and they are still waiting for new Silver Helms and Reavers.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I've got enough dark riders for up to 2.999 points games... I want new harpies!!!
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Excidium666
Shade

Post by Excidium666 »

I would love to see new special character models. We need Tullaris, Kouran, Hellebron and new models for Malus and Malekith would be nice. New Dark riders would be awsome (specialy plastic ones that are cheap). Still waiting for the chariot comeback although i dont really use them.
Lets wait and see what happens :)

Thanks
High elf is an elf after all, therefore he deserves a quick death...
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

A female Dreadlord, eh? Intriguing!

Though I'd trade *all* of these new characters for a plastic Dark Rider kit.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I just want the new cold ones to be on a separate sprue, so I don't have to go buy a whole box of CoK for an individual model.
so in short, I'm still complaining avout needing a new chariot (with new Cold ones)

Harpies would be nice too.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

bikeninja wrote:I just want the new cold ones to be on a separate sprue, so I don't have to go buy a whole box of CoK for an individual model.

There's a brisk trade on eBay for loose plastic Dark Elf bitz (including the new-style Cold Ones) so your wish has already been granted (although not by GW...).
Asmodeus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Asmodeus »

Very nice, more new models to add to the collection!
Witch Elves still suck ;).
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

well it's always nice to get new models (ecspecially when they comes in my birth month ;)) but I am really confused why they doesn't give us new dark riders or harpies, imagine how much thoose would sell! Really weird imo :?
I am happy to have it confirmed that we are getting new models but sad that it didn't included any harpies or dark riders :(
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Didn't say they're not giving us new dark riders/harpies.
They just weren't talked about.
New horse for the noble means new sculpt which may mean new dark riders as well, though I would rather have harpies :P
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

well if thats true Dalamar I would be happy but I am very sceptic on it but it may happen.
But then why didn't he talked about the dark riders when he talked about "anything" else? Can it be because he did want to keep on selling thoose dark riders to the very last moment? Who knows,
I would do much to see plastic dark riders and harpies!
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

woo hoo!!!!
As I'm a lizardmen player, this is the best peice of news that they are next on the list.
I would so want plastic harpies more than plastic dark riders, but then again, I don't like the models and just end up converting daemonettes.
Elric of grans
Dark Rider

Post by Elric of grans »

I wonder if the female `Dreadlord' is actually a Death Hag; it would make sense, and is something I would like to see. I hope the `character' on Dark Steed turns out to be a Sorceress too.
Scipio
Highborn

Post by Scipio »

MonkeyLord wrote:A female Dreadlord, eh? Intriguing!

Sounds like a death hag not a dreadlord
Anyone else find it kinda interesting that DE will not use gun powder because its unreliable but seem to have no problem using cold ones?
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

Scipio wrote:

Yeah, after some thought, that would make a lot more sense, especially wielding two hand weapons
Kheel
Noble

Post by Kheel »

MonkeyLord wrote:
Scipio wrote:

Yeah, after some thought, that would make a lot more sense, especially wielding two hand weapons

Would be cool to mount that baby on a frenzied manticore :)

//Kheel
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Hopefully we won't see anything resembleing top knots on our new Dreadlords.

I think everyone would agree however, that we've lived for so long without plastic DR, that when they arrived, no one would care. I've got too many DR and if they were to release plastic DR, my heart and my wallet would cry out in pain.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

I think everyone would agree however, that we've lived for so long without plastic DR, that when they arrived, no one would care. I've got too many DR and if they were to release plastic DR, my heart and my wallet would cry out in pain.

You've got a point, but perhaps I'm not the only one that sold off my old dark riders. I was fed up with the models and the ridiculous looking steeds, and since they were worth so much, I got a fantastic trade for them. Now I'm dark-riderless, and I would definitely buy a few plastic kits if they made them. But I see what you're saying... You're right in that 95% of dark elf players will already be set for dark riders. But then again, if they make the models good enough, I think they'd still sell well. They're a key dark elf unit, in-game and also in the background.
- Human
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

That would certainly be the case for the people who used the old dark riders. However, I'm not going to stop using my old wood elf/dark rider conversions. I mean, I had to go through so much just to make them. People would give me looks if they saw me buying Asrai products. :P
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Izirath »

Just give us plastic harpies, that would surely make for interesting conversions.
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag