Counter Attack? (Baiting)

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Sadisticity
Executioner

Counter Attack? (Baiting)

Post by Sadisticity »

I had recently played a few games with my new 1000 points Khanite Army featuring Executioners and WitchElves. Like asa most Druchii players have mentioned, these Specials are excellent if they charge (to strike first) and their light amour makes them vulnerable to even enemy firepower.

Considering if I get a Dread Lord with an ASF banner and a Pearl of Infinite Darkness to make them unbreakable. Make him an Executioner. I was thinking of this set up.

XXXXXXXXXX (10 Warriors with Shields)

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO (15 Unbreakable Executioners)

So I allow my opponent to charge my warriors. I can choose to flee them or let them stand and die. So if they break and run, the opponent persue, they slam into my executioners and I get to strike first.

Is this a viable tatic or am I missing something like...
If they persue into my another unit, it is also wiped out.
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

If only you could do this.. unfortunately you cannot for these reasons.

First a Dreadlord cant carry the ASF Banner, only Masters and Death Hags.

Secondly, if the Master has the ASF Banner he cannot have magic items ei pearl of infinite bleakness. And Death Hags can never have magic items..

Thirdly, Masters and Dread Lords cannot join executioners since execs are Khainite and Masters/ Dread Lords are not.

Fourthly, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness does not make the unit unbreakable, it only makes them Immune to Psychology, which is imunity to fear, terror and panic basicly.

So a few flaws in your plan... sorry.
Zenith
Noble

Post by Zenith »

Swap your exectutioners for Black guard. That is closest thing i can image for your situation.
Thanatoz
Noble

Post by Thanatoz »

Take note, if your warriors don't flee far enough, they are still destroyed, whether or not they hit the executioners.
Vesidel
Dark Rider

Post by Vesidel »

The basic idea behind the tactic is sound however. You could also use a tiny unit of harpies which would be cheaper and would flee further. The only problem with harpies is that you cannot use their facing to redirect the charging enemy toward your second unit, but it should still work so long as they are already aiming that way.
Tu'shan
Noble

Post by Tu'shan »

A slight alteration maybe to use a death hag (khainite) as the BSB in the executioners with the ASF banner, she can be tooled up with gifts of khaine to be quite formidable. You should probably use a smaller unit to bait (so when it runs your execs wont panic) if you do it this way though.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Demetrius the Betrayer wrote:If only you could do this.. unfortunately you cannot for these reasons.

First a Dreadlord cant carry the ASF Banner, only Masters and Death Hags.

Secondly, if the Master has the ASF Banner he cannot have magic items ei pearl of infinite bleakness. And Death Hags can never have magic items..

Thirdly, Masters and Dread Lords cannot join executioners since execs are Khainite and Masters/ Dread Lords are not.

Fourthly, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness does not make the unit unbreakable, it only makes them Immune to Psychology, which is imunity to fear, terror and panic basicly.

So a few flaws in your plan... sorry.
:twisted: But other than this, a nearly flawless plan... ;) :lol: :roll:
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

Basically it is a sound tactic, one that is very Druchii. I suggest using Dark Riders for the bait, they are more likely to survive and can be used again next turn if they rally. You just need to work out the details, but overall a solid way of thinking.
Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

I agree with the others and lastly Drek.
Take dark riders with musician, we do have the best fast cav period.
Take black guard. Not only can you take Hag Grief as a unit banner you can give your BSB anything else you want. I run mine with a great weapon heavy armour sea dragon cloak and 3 null stones for some anti magic shelling.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii