BSB on CoC - What's the best banner for him?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Elsu
Trainee Warrior

BSB on CoC - What's the best banner for him?

Post by Elsu »

Hi,

soon i will go to a tournament with 1k points and high restrictions and so i found i will try to bring up a BSB on a CoC. Never played it.

Now my question is, what does he need?

Maybe the Standard of Slauther, the Armour -1 banner (autohits with S5 and -1 would be nice) or just the warbanner?

Or just leave him with the BSB and give him some magic equipment?

My army will look like this:

Please do not discuss the army, it is just about the BSB (i used the maximum tournament restrictions, there is no pendant, no hydra, etc. allowed)

Master
+ Lance, HA, Shield, SDC
+ CoC
+ BSB, SoS
- - - > 244

Master
+ Lance, HA, Shield, SDC
+ CoC
+ Ring of Hotek
- - - > 209

5 DR, musican
- - - > 92

5 DR
- - - > 85

6 Harpies
- - - > 66

6 Harpies
- - - > 66

CoC
- - - > 100

5 CoK
- - - > 135

= 997

Thanks in advance!

elsu
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

I would go with the warbanner.

I would also cut 1 harpies in each unit and with the remaining points, I would add RxB and musician in your second unit of Dark Riders. But that's my opinion.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

I would take the standard of slaughter: D3+1 SCR is very good for just 35 points and you should break your opponent on the charge anyway because otherwise you're screwed.
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

If you use a magic banner at all, Standard of Slaughter. I would consider foregoing a magic banner entirely though, and spending some points on decent magic items. Dark Elves have some of the best Hero-level magic weapons in the game, and anything to boost character survivability (especially on a BSB) is usually worth the investment.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

Definitly the Standard of Slaughter as your chariot should always be charging. If not then its going to die anyway.
Personally I think you need more troops though for this to be a viable option.
Chariots are good for supplementing ACR but have no SCR. Thus they work well in tandem with blocks of troops especially warriors. Also Chariots are really slow so having three of them in a 'fast' hit and run list would be unwise in my opinion.
Also BSB's primarily allow you to re-roll break tests. however you have few combat units so this will be a bit wasted.
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

I'd rather armour of darkness and crimson death or some other combo than any of the banners available.
Darkangel16
Black Guard

Post by Darkangel16 »

doesn't being in a chariot with full mundane and lance give you the same 3 s6 attacks and 1+ armor save as crimson and armor of darkness?

gotta vote for the standard of slaughter.
Thenick18
Assassin

Post by Thenick18 »

Yes you get the same stats, that is until the chariot is popped and your BSB is left hoofing it. Then you could have a problem. CD, AoD to me is just an insurance policy that that doesn't happen.